Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Disciplinary and background check question [#permalink]
I am not sure of what they ask for when it comes to undegraduate background. My assumption to this point would be that you actually went to college where you say you did, that you graduated, and that your transcript accurately reflects the GPA you wrote down on the app.

Anyone out there in school know if they ask for on campus issues? I would sincerely doubt this, but just a guess from me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V51
GPA: 3.6
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
My experience of the background check was that it is extremely cursory. I was two cubicles over when my company's CFO took the call from the background-checking firm, and the call lasted maybe 2 minutes. They're really running down the right-most column of your resume to make sure the dates line up. I'm not sure if the academic side of the background check is more thorough, but I'd be surprised if it were. Neither of the people on the two ends of that phone call really has much interest in going too deep: the checker has a stack of names to get through, and the person taking the call has a job to do that's being interrupted.

One thing you could for sure do is simply call up your undergrad institution and ask if they disclose that kind of thing in background checks. I'm sure they have a policy on this, as providing background credentials is literally the primary function that colleges serve once you graduate. (Compare the number of alums to the number of enrolled students at a typical college: undergrad institutions' core business is not teaching, but vouching for people they once taught)
GMAT Club Bot