It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 05:24

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do you like to point out the assumptions?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

3 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 194 [3], given: 109

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Do you like to point out the assumptions? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 03:27
This post received
KUDOS
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

15% (low)

Question Stats:

81% (01:03) correct 19% (01:26) wrong based on 88 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Do you like to point out the assumptions? Do you like to home in on logical flaws like a detective and analyze precisely how arguments could be made better, or worse? Then GMAT Critical Reasoning is for you. So start dissecting op-ed pieces and cutting the contestants on television debates down to size. When you see your GMAT score, you'll be glad you did!

Which of the following can be most properly inferred from the passage above?

A. Mastering the Critical Reasoning question type will ensure an excellent GMAT score.

B. No question type contained on the GMAT is represented in more sections of the GMAT than is Critical Reasoning.

C. Op-ed pieces and Television debates contain content that is related in same way to material tested in GMAT Critical Reasoning.

D. Logical flaws and assumptions are question types that appear only on the GMAT.

E. Thinking like a detective has no impact on one's GMAT Score.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

I'd appreciate learning about the grammatical errors in my posts

Please hit Kudos If my Solution helps

My Debrief for 750 - https://gmatclub.com/forum/from-720-to-750-one-of-the-most-difficult-pleatues-to-overcome-246420.html

My CR notes - https://gmatclub.com/forum/patterns-in-cr-questions-243450.html

Rest of the Notes coming soon.

Kudos [?]: 194 [3], given: 109

Senior CR Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 1098 [0], given: 62

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Do you like to point out the assumptions? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 03:40
umg wrote:
Do you like to point out the assumptions? Do you like to home in on logical flaws like a detective and analyze precisely how arguments could be made better, or worse? Then GMAT Critical Reasoning is for you. So start dissecting op-ed pieces and cutting the contestants on television debates down to size. When you see your GMAT score, you'll be glad you did!

Easy and strange question.

A. Mastering the Critical Reasoning question type will ensure an excellent GMAT score.
The passage just implies that GMAT score will improve, not implies anything about an excellent GMAT score.

B. No question type contained on the GMAT is represented in more sections of the GMAT than is Critical Reasoning.
There is no information indicated that CR is represented on GMAT. The passage just mentioned that CR is a part of GMAT.

C. Op-ed pieces and Television debates contain content that is related in same way to material tested in GMAT Critical Reasoning.
Correct. This choice fills missing link between two facts:
1. start dissecting op-ed pieces and cutting the contestants on television debates down to size
2. The GMAT score will be improved.

D. Logical flaws and assumptions are question types that appear only on the GMAT.
No information indicated that those things appear only on the GMAT. Just indicated that those things do appear on the GMAT

In fact, the passage indicated that thinking like a detective could effect the GMAT score.

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 1098 [0], given: 62

Director
Director
P

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 46

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 04:48
umg wrote:

for 30 sec , i thought ..whether this can appear on Actual GMAT :P ..we can easily eliminate 4 choices here ....C is ri8 ..
A- No indication of """Excellent"" score
B-Out
C- Yes
D- See the position of word "only" --out
E-out

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 46

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 109

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 00:24
sobby wrote:
umg wrote:

for 30 sec , i thought ..whether this can appear on Actual GMAT :P ..we can easily eliminate 4 choices here ....C is ri8 ..
A- No indication of """Excellent"" score
B-Out
C- Yes
D- See the position of word "only" --out
E-out

That! Right There! That's why I posted this question. It makes your mind wander. Puts a little dent in the concentration. We will face the questions in gmat that will relate to our expertise and those are the ones we need to be more careful about :wink:

I'd appreciate learning about the grammatical errors in my posts

Please hit Kudos If my Solution helps

My Debrief for 750 - https://gmatclub.com/forum/from-720-to-750-one-of-the-most-difficult-pleatues-to-overcome-246420.html

My CR notes - https://gmatclub.com/forum/patterns-in-cr-questions-243450.html

Rest of the Notes coming soon.

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 109

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 181

GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V26
GPA: 3.68

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 20:16
umg wrote:

No doubt, C is the best option

But in C, although the word "related" alleviates the problem, the word "same" could be a problem.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 181

Re: Do you like to point out the assumptions?   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2017, 20:16

Do you like to point out the assumptions?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap