Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
We had some discussion about how to figure out the percentages and yields for certain schools based on different GMAT scores.

I was wondering though, on July 9 you posted that you scored 770 on the GMAT, but then on Nov. 9 you reported that you scored 780 after 1 week of practice. That doesn't seem to make sense. I was actually inspired to look up your score reports because of your post. It's extremely difficult for me to believe that someone with such poor language skills scored in the 99th percentile on the verbal section.

I really don't care if someone has problems with grammar and so forth; but I do have problems with people that play around when reporting scores. What's the deal?

LOL. Busted.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
As I have said before, I'll bet many people lie about their gmat scores here. It's only in posting detailed explanations of problems that gives someone any amount of credence.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lying about your score on a forum where nobody really cares sounds extremely foolish. Oh yeah, I just got an easy 810, AWA 6.5. So what?

Dumb.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
E stats.

I post on a bodybuilding forum and so many people claim to lift so and so.

It's rediculous.

I hate how someone posts a 750 score and says they studied for 2 weeks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry to start all this discussion and sorry that everybody seem to hate me now... however, i don't think i should apologizing to get 780 after one week of study (this part is true... believe it or not, i don't care). and spending several hours giving definitive answers and explanations to complicated math questions. and help anybody who wantssome suggestions/feedback about studying strategies and coping with the gmat experience. eventually, for me, it was easy. it doesn't mean i don't understand the complexities and difficulties other people encounter and it doesn't mean i don't want to genuinely help and contribute to the forum which - as i said before - i quite like.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It's so simple to clear yourself of this apparent discrepency, just post a screen shot of your score like this. (see attachment)

I may be a poor standardized test taker (150 points lower than you) but at least I am honest.

By the way, almost every b-school now has an ethics course woven into the fabric of its core curriculum. If you can't be honest about your score, then how do expect to get the respect of your cohort members, your professional peers and clients, and society in general?
Attachments

score report.doc [255 KiB]
Downloaded 135 times

CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
As I have said before, I'll bet many people lie about their gmat scores here. It's only in posting detailed explanations of problems that gives someone any amount of credence.

Damn straight. Not to be a pessemist, but I'd be willing to wager that over half of the people who post in the "Share your GMAT experience" forum overinflate their scores by 50~100 points. Especially those who miraculously appear out of nowhere, post their "770s" to get a few ego boosting replys, and then vanish back into cyberspace.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
Oops straight. Not to be a pessemist, but I'd be willing to wager that over half of the people who post in the "Share your GMAT experience" forum overinflate their scores by 50~100 points. Especially those who miraculously appear out of nowhere, post their "770s" to get a few ego boosting replys, and then vanish back into cyberspace.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but why would anyone do that?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm not a psychologist so I really don't know. Maybe they have low self esteem?

Try asking this guy ---> https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=32839
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
So this is why I never took admissions411 all that seriously . . .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
I'm not a psychologist so I really don't know. Maybe they have low self esteem?

Try asking this guy ---> https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=32839

That was fun goin thro that post.. too bad for indiansoccer.. pelihu, ps_dahiya, u2lover and the others kicked the **S out of that guy.. :-D

Such frauds and the concurrent bashing have long been happenin in the BW forums.. I'm atleast glad that it is not that frequent here @ gmatclub.. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
It's so simple to clear yourself of this apparent discrepency, just post a screen shot of your score like this. (see attachment)

I may be a poor standardized test taker (150 points lower than you) but at least I am honest.

By the way, almost every b-school now has an ethics course woven into the fabric of its core curriculum. If you can't be honest about your score, then how do expect to get the respect of your cohort members, your professional peers and clients, and society in general?

Little bit naive, dont you think? :twisted:

Check this:
Attachments

ss.png
ss.png [ 204.57 KiB | Viewed 2581 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
this is my last post in this unfriendly forum.... attached is my score for those of you that don't believe me (apparently - i do care). as someone already noted this can be easily forged (and i did process mine - to eliminate identifying details), so you can still don't believe me if you'd like.

(but do note, that the "processed" statement in the above post is clearly not real... gmat will never put 100% on any score. even 800 is a 99% percentile not 100%).

i did explain why i initially put an unreal 770 in my profile 5 months ago. this explanation was true as well.

i will continue write on the math problems forum and the phd forums from time to time...

good luck to us all...
Attachments

gmat.JPG
gmat.JPG [ 142.76 KiB | Viewed 2590 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
My opinion is that the guy screwed up with that initial stuff, but his 780 score is real. Anyway, I suggest we stop the bully - we're getting nowhere with this stuff, whatever he shows can be claimed to be forged.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Glad to see that, after all, the most important remain the values such as honesty on this forum... Impressive and very good :)

Perhaps, there is no need to go deeper in the meanders of human beings and the darker attitudes or engender an opprobrium on him.... as it was the case for the other guy.... turn to be a kind of pushing ball on which all came to give a hit... they are just inclined to have tendancies that are not so much appreciated, but as, let me remind it, we all have on some aspects... :)

Just my point of view guys :)... I dislike lapidation... The message sent to him is already passed, I think :)
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
deowl wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:

Little bit naive, dont you think? :twisted:

Check this:

:shock: :shock: Great work Deowl, now I just need you to teach me how to hack into the PVue database :lol: :lol: :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:

AOL SEARCH IN THE TASKBAR!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH... GET RID OF THAT SH*T!

Also, BS on the 780, screenshot or not.. That english does not a 98% make, period.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2