Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
EChopeful12 wrote:
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

Well at least we don't have to wait till Monday....and we get to celebrate tomorrow. For ones expecting Tuck calls...one bad day sounds lot better than two bad days..

You don't know yet if you have to wait until Monday. Since they're changing things up they could do phone calls both days.. that would be a horrible weekend of waiting though..

Exactly. Not knowing if every admit gets a phone call or some will just have to wait til Monday is silly. They know everyone talks about this stuff online and it just makes it much more stressful for all involved. Fuqua had my favorite process because they said they'd tell you on a specific date at a specific time. Makes it sooooo much less stressfull.

True, but from a school that stands behind their team aspect and student run campus, it always seemed a bit impersonal that you found out that you were admitted through a computer...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
I was called by Adcom.

I personally like the surprise, as it allowed me to have a nice tipple of whisky rather than worrying all weekend. As always, YMMV.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.02
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I received the call from a faculty member (not adcom) about an hour ago. I am based in Dallas. He said I was "one of the 10 highest priority" admitted. Not sure if that means scholarship or not. I wonder if they tell that to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
This is a really terrible day to forget your phone at home................
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a surprise, as I got the phone call prior to the email and wasn't expecting to hear anything til Monday. I spoke with Meaghan, who was AWESOME, and got me super super pumped. So happy and so grateful! I hope to meet the rest of you at BDW!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
EmBeeAy23 wrote:
aerien wrote:
Turtleinatutu wrote:
Better than dinged with an interview. Spent a lot of money on last minute flights, rental car and hotel.... Bummed

This is the part of the process that really irks me. I don't even want to think about how much everything has cost to this point...let alone the actual tuition fees. Sigh.

I feel your pain. I've been working for nearly 5 years.. built up a decent amount of life's savings. It's hard to swallow the entire cost that this 2-year journey will take - a large debt is no joke.
Which is ALL the more reason to maximize every resource and squeeze out every little bit of fun/education/perk/relationship from this endeavor. No coasting here!

Exactly. Go big or go home. Find somewhere where it'll be worth it to potentially eat ramen for the next few years just to make ends meet ;) but more so, find somewhere where there's free food everywhere so you don't have to spend 75 cents that you don't have on ramen lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Finally, admitted. So happy.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
theK wrote:
MBAcm2013 wrote:
Anyone know when login credentials are coming for the admitted student website? I think I was told on the phone call but totally blacked out for like 90% of that convo! I'm just overly excited about getting accepted and want more fuqua material!

Based on the admit letter that you should've already received, we should expect a separate email with the login credentials. Not sure when though - It was listed as step #2 after deposit payment and confirming acceptance. Not sure if this means #2 will only happen after #1 is completed, i.e. after Duke receives our deposit, OR #2 can happen in parallel to #1.

You'll get a login to the admit portal in a few days via email. No deposit necessary for that information.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Parselmouth wrote:
Congrats to all admits.

I have a quick point to make. Quite a few of those waitlisted or dinged are expressing sentiments that I think, though understandable given the circumstances, are not necessarily kosher. Everyone admitted had to go through the same steps as those who didn't make the cut - money, time, sleepless nights, etc. Ideally, we enter this process knowing that nothing is guaranteed, because each spot is fought for by several talented applicants - I thus find it hard to understand why some dinged applicants say "I was expecting an admit." No way, Jose. No one should EXPECT an admit, no matter how fantastic your interview or stats were. Would you say the same if you were applying to HSW. Don't forget that many of the same kids apply to the same top ten schools, so it's not realistic to apply to a competitive school like Fuqua and EXPECT an admit, just because you had to spend money to buy to tickets and accommodation. Come on, guys...lets be fair to the hardworking admisson committees and the rigorous admission process.

MBA application can be a really humbling experience and the earlier you approach it with a fair amount of grounding/respect/moderate expectation, the more pleasantly surprising you would find the experience.

All the best to everyone though out the remainder of the app process.

Posted from my mobile device

This message clearly applies to me. Didn't mean any disrespect to anybody else on here and certainly not Fuqua! Just thought it was my best app and definitely was my best interview so I was more confident here than with others I applied to. Congrats everyone who got in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.36
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
MBAcm2013 wrote:
Anyone know when login credentials are coming for the admitted student website? I think I was told on the phone call but totally blacked out for like 90% of that convo! I'm just overly excited about getting accepted and want more fuqua material!

I used the same information I used to login to the interview system and it worked.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
asimov wrote:
alis wrote:
Like some of the posters above, I was really bummed not to get a phone call after getting the online acceptance letter. It's been 2 days already and I haven't heard from anyone...

The whole bschool application process reminds me a bit of 'rush,' if any of you were in the Greek system in college. It's definitely a hands-on process that requires a lot of high-touch communication. There's nothing that can quite replace the thrill of getting a phone call inviting you to the 'cool kids club.' It generates a lot more excitement than to get a letter with no personal touch. I definitely appreciate that students are on vacation and ad coms are busy, but maybe next year they'll start doing calls before the email notification.

Nonetheless, excited to get an acceptance!
Did GMATClub just change Fuqua AdCom behavior? After all the complaints in R1, and losing aerien to Yale, Fuqua AdCom finally puts some personal touch to the admission process.

+1 for social media!
+1 for Fuqua AdCom responding to social media!

Haha I didn't realize I had such power, especially at a school I didn't matriculate at (hmm..I wonder what I can do at Yale?)! :P But props to Fuqua for the changes. I'm sure the R2s who received that phone call appreciate it!!
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
@asimov: nice picture :)

Congratulations to all the admits. Fuqua is a great school !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Kudos
So who is going to BDW on April 19th?? So excited!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
ghosht wrote:
So who is going to BDW on April 19th?? So excited!

I booked the hotel, but am still working on flights from China. I am absolutely stoked.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Kudos
MBAcm2013 wrote:
I got the admit on Friday and it took me less than 12 hours to decide that I am definitely matriculating! I haven't even heard back from Kellogg yet, and am still on the Columbia waitlist, but Fuqua has always been my #1! I think even if I got off the very prestigious Columbia w/l I still wouldn't think twice about matriculating to Duke. After spending 3 days down in Durham for Women's Weekend I know how awesome the people are and love the beautiful environment of NC. Also, the faculty are some amazing people. I cannot wait for August, and can't believe how lucky I am, it's an incredible feeling and I can't believe I'm actually here. To all of those still waiting - keep a positive attitude and relax. You will end up wherever you're supposed to be!

I LOVE that you will be my classmate <3 :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
Interesting article about MBA compensation. Looks like Fuqua is now pretty close to the top!

https://poetsandquants.com/2013/03/18/wh ... ne-deal/2/

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to all the Round 2 admits! Looking forward to seeing you in just over 4 months time!!!

PS: Highwyre, crossing fingers and toes for you! What a GORGEOUS dog!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts