GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Apr 2020, 22:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Duke($$$) vs. Booth vs. Darden($)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Fuqua ($$$) vs. Booth vs. Darden ($)

• 43% [17]
  • 51% [20]
  • 5% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Duke($$$) vs. Booth vs. Darden($)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 10:52
Post MBA Career: Consulting or Tech
90K at Fuqua
RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Duke($$$) vs. Booth vs. Darden($)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 11:45
Hello MBAgrad2021 ... welcome to the community and CONGRATULATIONs on the great offers.

For Tech ... I would definitely choose Booth. And if $ is not a concern, I would go for Both for consulting as well. Otherwise, Fuqua is really strong in Consulting.

Hope this helps.
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 11:47
Congratulations on your admits and scholarship!

It would be an easy decision if Fuqua had given you a full ride. I am tempted to recommend Fuqua because of a tighter student community even if it comes at the expense of juicier on campus recruiting opportunities. Fuqua does have MBB on campus and definitely other consulting options. I’m hearing booth gets more attention from tech companies especially for the higher end PM positions.

If you have undergrad debt, definitely strongly consider Duke. Your overall profile and description a bit cryptic (or absent I should say) so it’s hard to read about your financial sensitivity but with all things equal Booth will always trump Fuqua as it’s a bigger and more centrally located program with a higher ranking.

Posted from my mobile device
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 16:04
Booth is a lot stronger for both consulting and tech and overall the stronger brand, but the experiences will likely be very different in an urban vs rural setting. Unless money is of extreme importance and you want to be in a more rural setting, go with Booth here.
CEO
CEO
G
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2019, 05:08
Agree with jessepinkman above. Booth is a lot stronger in both tech and consulting than Fuqua. Had it been full ride at fuqua, this would have changed my answer but in light of your end goals, Booth makes the most sense here. Although MBB usually adopt a low touch strategy wrt recruiting, it will help you network when you are in Chicago with Booth.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
S
Schools: Duke '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2019, 08:41
Just curious, have you asked for more money? This is a close call--no doubt I'm biased but made a similar (Duke with $) decision. I think the arguments for Fuqua are:

1) Experience: Did you want a classic collegiate environment and a tight-knit community? If so, that intangible experience found at Tuck/Duke/Darden can't really be replicated
2) Money: 90k+ (especially factoring in interest) is significant and can adjust mid term goals like buying a home or starting a family or just general lifestyle
3) Desired Industry: If you had thoughts about finance (particularly investment management) I would say Booth no matter the cost, but given your goals of Consulting and/or Tech...Duke is quite strong in these areas and given that you are likely to stand out, that's a compelling story

Congrats on your awesome options and good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Duke($$$) vs. Booth vs. Darden($)   [#permalink] 23 May 2019, 08:41

Duke($$$) vs. Booth vs. Darden($)

new topic post reply Update application status