It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 08:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 28 [1], given: 6

E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2014, 13:26
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

95% (hard)

Question Stats:

45% (01:48) correct 55% (02:10) wrong based on 134 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Hi

Hope to see some responses in this one.

Please note: This is a self made question.

E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector since low market entry barriers in the sector has led to the emergence of many new players within a short period. However, the industry is not profitable as yet. Most of the companies in the sector suffer from challenges such as inefficient supply chain and insufficient funds. Despite all these problems, Nile Corporation, a world leader in e-commerce sector has recently made its foray into the Inasian market. Their decision to enter the market is correct despite all the opposing theories. Most analysts believe that e-commerce will gain sizeable market share in Inasia as more young people with higher disposable incomes will start buying online over the next five years.

In the argument given, the two portions in boldface play which of the following roles?

A. First supports a conclusion which supports the main conclusion. Second is a conclusion which opposes the main conclusion of the author.
B. First is an evidence that support the main conclusion. The second is a premise that supports a conclusion which is not the main conclusion.
C. First supports a conclusion other than the main conclusion. The second is an evidence that supports the main conclusion.
D. First presents a general opinion that supports a conclusion. Second supports the main conclusion.
E. First supports a conclusion. Second is an opinion that supports this conclusion.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Last edited by ab2014 on 23 May 2014, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 28 [1], given: 6

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 290 [0], given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2014, 23:41
Quote:
Please note: This is a self made question based on OG.

i will never suggest to do so. OG CR and SC questions are highly sacrosanct and unless you are RON ,u should never attempt to do so because 99.99 percent times u will end up making a BAD QUESTION !! i am not sure how much u have changed this question but i feel C seems best out of all

Kudos [?]: 290 [0], given: 61

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 49

E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2015, 05:31
aditya8062 wrote:
Quote:
Please note: This is a self made question based on OG.

i will never suggest to do so. OG CR and SC questions are highly sacrosanct and unless you are RON ,u should never attempt to do so because 99.99 percent times u will end up making a BAD QUESTION !! i am not sure how much u have changed this question but i feel C seems best out of all

Hey Aditya,

I was able to narrow down to C and E.Finally I chose E.
Can you shed any light why you feel that second statement supports the main conclusion.

I marked E because I thought that second statement undermine main conclusion(that this process is not beneficial).
Also,In C the statement is about "believing".How can we conclude this as evidence?I think this should be opinion .egmat, @mikemcgarry:please help here!

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 49

CR Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 198 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 12:05
Regarding OA, can 'believing' be an 'evidence' in this context?

Hasan Mahmud

Kudos [?]: 198 [0], given: 191

Re: E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2017, 12:05

E-commerce in Inasia can be considered as a booming sector

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap