Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi All,

I was accepted early decision and will be attending. If anyone has any questions I'm happy to help. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
acm13 wrote:
Hi All,

I was accepted early decision and will be attending. If anyone has any questions I'm happy to help. :-D

Hey acm13, congrats! I got an invite for the interview and would like some tips on what questions were asked :)
Given Kudos:
srjaidev wrote:
acm13 wrote:
Hi All,

Hey acm13, congrats! I got an invite for the interview and would like some tips on what questions were asked :)

My interview was pretty conversational and not too stressful. She focused a lot on why I wanted an MBA from Emory specifically and what kind of plans I have after I graduate. You need to have very concrete answers, other than "it's the next step in my career" type thing.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
acm13 wrote:
srjaidev wrote:
acm13 wrote:
Hi All,

My interview was pretty conversational and not too stressful. She focused a lot on why I wanted an MBA from Emory specifically and what kind of plans I have after I graduate. You need to have very concrete answers, other than "it's the next step in my career" type thing.

Okay, so it was more on 2 years in Emory and beyond than anything about the past. Off-course we would refer to instances in the past but she didn't ask anything specifically, right?
Given Kudos:
acm13 wrote:
srjaidev wrote:
acm13 wrote:
Hi All,

She also reviewed my resume and asked me questions about what kind of work I currently do.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
acm13 wrote:
She also reviewed my resume and asked me questions about what kind of work I currently do.

I see. Cool! Thanks a lot acm. That greatly helped! I've got some time in hand so want to make the most of it. Hopefully we can meet at Atlanta soon :)
Given Kudos:
Quote:

Quote:
Okay, so it was more on 2 years in Emory and beyond than anything about the past. Off-course we would refer to instances in the past but she didn't ask anything specifically, right?

Not too specifically about the past (other than resume stuff). Their real focus is what your going to do after Emory, since they want to make sure you are able to get a job after graduation (so their stats will look good).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
acm13 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Not too specifically about the past (other than resume stuff). Their real focus is what your going to do after Emory, since they want to make sure you are able to get a job after graduation (so their stats will look good).

hmmm, I see. Any questions like moral dilemma, difficult decision, failure? Thanks a lot for your help BTW :) It is my 1st interview so pretty much in the dark here.
Given Kudos:
Quote:
hmmm, I see. Any questions like moral dilemma, difficult decision, failure? Thanks a lot for your help BTW :) It is my 1st interview so pretty much in the dark here.

My interview was a couple of months ago, so its hard to recall exactly, but I don't recall any of those. It probably depends on the interviewer as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi acm13, thanks for taking out time for resolving the doubts.

I have been specifically asked to carry my resume. So just wanted to check if the interviewer has gone through our essays or it is pretty much a blind interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Emory applicants! FYI if you're applying to Emory-Goizueta through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to join the Consortium roll call.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to, make sure your application cycle is 2011-2012 and the Consortium round (CGSM1 or CGSM2) you applied in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of conversation specific to Consortium candidates and the school(s) they are applying to.

Come and join the conversation! Cheers!
Given Kudos:
thecertain wrote:
Hi acm13, thanks for taking out time for resolving the doubts.

I have been specifically asked to carry my resume. So just wanted to check if the interviewer has gone through our essays or it is pretty much a blind interview.

My interviewer did not review essays because I requested an interview before I actually finished my application. She did review my resume. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
acm13 thanks for the reply and sure that helps.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Got an invite to interview on campus by Jan 31st. Any suggestions for a cheap place to stay around campus? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
fbomb wrote:
Got an invite to interview on campus by Jan 31st. Any suggestions for a cheap place to stay around campus? :)

Did you submit for Rd2 or Rd 3?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
fbomb wrote:

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad to hear the interview invites are still in the process of going out; hope you find a reasonable place to stay near Emory.

I'm trying my very best to be patient, but no interview invite on my R2 application yet. Anyone else in this boat?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V46
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hi all. I'm a R3 applicant to Goizueta. I'm applying a little late in the game because I had kind of fallen in love with the idea of being debt-free, so I was going to wait until next year. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the opportunity costs of waiting another year were much greater than the interest on a student loan. I'm prior military, been flying for a small airline for the past four years, 710 GMAT, 4.0 GPA UG from Embry-Riddle. I'd like to pursue Social Enterprise and/or Impact Investing post-MBA, so I'm looking at a complete career change. I just interviewed with a member of the Ad-Com and it was a great experience -- very relaxed and conversational. I think they really just wanted to get to know what kind of guy I was. Best of luck to everyone applying.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts