Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [4]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [3]
Given Kudos: 120
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [2]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Enter to win! The NEW GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
ArtVandaley wrote:
The questions offer great utility in terms of areas defined in ESR. So far, no logical answer exists as to what constitutes analysis/plan and construction in CR. Such division will help us in understanding where we suffer the most and improve in such areas.

Posted from my mobile device

The book is available online and from amazon. It seems quite decent. My quick analysis is here:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-gmac-pro ... 04491.html

Thank you for your post and connecting the dots for me. This is helpful and win you a prize for actually telling me what these weird categories mean. The book is available now and I can tell you that Construction/plan is Argument Construction (which is Assumptions), Evaluation of a plan, complete argument, non-traditional strengthen/weaken

Analysis/Critique is boldface, traditional weaken/strengthen, issue/criticism

Good luck dissecting these :)
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Re: Enter to win! The NEW GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
The GMAT Official Advanced Questions product will be available for purchase via mba.com starting October 1! We encourage everyone to enter the contest for a chance to access the product beforehand.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey bb, this is just not it. After careful observation of many ESRs, I have realised that GMAT tries to give approximately equal no. Of questions from both categories and general analysis type questions are bit more difficult than construction type.

The ratio of no of construction/analysis decreases with higher GMAT scores.

If this book comes alive, a student,aspiring for high score, can understand where he has to focus. We can even update our error log based on this criteria and add add these in the question tags itself.

Let's wait till I purchase the book. Amazon takes 15+ days to ship to India.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [1]
Given Kudos: 326
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GRE 1: Q162 V149
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Below is the detail about the winner selection and notification as per the official source

WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION.

On or about October 15, 2019, the Awarder will conduct a random drawing of all eligible entries to select 20 potential winners. The potential winners will be notified by Awarder via email within approximately 5 days from October 15, 2019. Potential winners will have 10 business days from notification to claim his or her prize.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you for posting the official rules. That does not reconcile at all with the promotional language of five lucky winners every Friday in September. WTH?

Also they’re waiting three weeks after the end of the contest, which is over six weeks Since five lucky winners on the first September Friday would’ve won their copy of the book. It is already available by the way search again not clear why anyone needs to wait until October 15 For them to conduct the drawing and then another five days for them to send the email. 5 days to send 20 emails.... I guess this explains a lot about technical support we have been seeing.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [0]
Given Kudos: 779
GMAT 1: 430 Q39 V12
Send PM
good news !!!! after solving about from 5000 thousand question , 300 hundred hard question still exist that I must do that !
WHY do you suffer us ? please give me question immediately..... maybe a little alleviation . :|

Originally posted by 09173140521 on 03 Sep 2019, 20:58.
Last edited by 09173140521 on 04 Sep 2019, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32873 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Top Contributor
Is this not available to purchase at MBA store ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
The GMAT Official Advanced Questions product will be available for purchase via mba.com starting October 1! We encourage everyone to enter the contest for a chance to access the product beforehand.

Leah I appreciate the content. I do have one question though. Why didn't the company put this resource out over the summer? Many application deadlines for round one are in October. This would have been nice in the summer if you were preparing for round 1. Thank you for the contest though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:

What is the difference between the extra questions you provide on mba.com store and this new product?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
nkhl.goyal wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:

What is the difference between the extra questions you provide on mba.com store and this new product?

Well.... this is new questions ... I assume ... hope ... :dazed :shocked :-o :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Enter to win! The NEW GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions + Online Question Bank—the ONLY source of hard GMAT questions from past exams!
Hurry! Contest ends September 27, 2019 at midnight ET!

Enter the Five on Fridays Giveaway!

5 lucky winners every Friday in September. That's 20 chances to win!
    Be one of the first to use GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions. The only official source of hard GMAT questions.
    Everyone wins! All entries will receive a FREE copy of "The Key Pieces to My Application."

Winners will be one of the first to access the GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions, which includes:

300 hard GMAT questions from past GMAT exams to challenge you and help you bring your best on test day.
    Learning strategies to solve challenging questions. Created by subject matter experts with decades of experience writing and editing GMAT questions.
    Questions organized by fundamental skills so that you can focus on specific areas for improvement.
    Plus! The Online Question Bank – an interactive online tool to create custom practice sets and measure your progress accessible via web or mobile app.

Enter today before it is too late! This contest is only available through September 27, 2019. :thumbup:

how do you choose the winner?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:

The GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions is a compilation of 300 hard Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning questions, similar to hard questions found in the GMAT Official Guide series. Some questions have appeared in earlier editions of the GMAT™ Official Guide series; others have never been published before. Of the 300 items in Advanced Questions, 200 are from old GMAT paper tests, at least some of which have appeared in earlier editions of the Official Guide. One hundred items – 46 verbal and 54 quantitative – are never before seen and have not appeared in any previous GMAT Official Prep products. :thumbup:

yes ! this is my alleviation ......thanks for clarification :heart :heart :heart
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
chrisbender wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:

Leah I appreciate the content. I do have one question though. Why didn't the company put this resource out over the summer? Many application deadlines for round one are in October. This would have been nice in the summer if you were preparing for round 1. Thank you for the contest though.

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us, and we will take these under consideration for future new product releases. lease know that the GMAT Official Guide 2020 also contains hard questions and our GMAT Official Practice Exams are another great resource to prepare for exam day as they are a simulation of the GMAT exam. Let us know if you have any questions about these products to help you best prepare for the GMAT exam.
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
SUNILAA wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Enter to win! The NEW GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions + Online Question Bank—the ONLY source of hard GMAT questions from past exams!
Hurry! Contest ends September 27, 2019 at midnight ET!

Enter the Five on Fridays Giveaway!

5 lucky winners every Friday in September. That's 20 chances to win!
    Be one of the first to use GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions. The only official source of hard GMAT questions.
    Everyone wins! All entries will receive a FREE copy of "The Key Pieces to My Application."

Winners will be one of the first to access the GMAT™ Official Advanced Questions, which includes:

300 hard GMAT questions from past GMAT exams to challenge you and help you bring your best on test day.
    Learning strategies to solve challenging questions. Created by subject matter experts with decades of experience writing and editing GMAT questions.
    Questions organized by fundamental skills so that you can focus on specific areas for improvement.
    Plus! The Online Question Bank – an interactive online tool to create custom practice sets and measure your progress accessible via web or mobile app.

Enter today before it is too late! This contest is only available through September 27, 2019. :thumbup:

how do you choose the winner?

Five winners will be randomly chosen and notified the following week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ArtVandaley wrote:
Hey bb, this is just

If this book comes alive, a student,aspiring for high score, can understand where he has to focus. We can even update our error log based on this criteria and add add these in the question tags itself.

all category in CR could be kind of a +700 level and make suffer you (or at least timing issue under 2 min ).
you maybe cannot determine which area you are good or not good ...all 700+ level could be hard whether it is strengthen or maybe SC pronoun SO ON.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [0]
Send PM
Hey no

I meant that the knowledge derived from these questions can be extended to existing official questions. I didn't limit my argument to this book.

09173140521 wrote:
ArtVandaley wrote:
Hey bb, this is just

all category in CR could be kind of a +700 level and make suffer you (or at least timing issue under 2 min ).
you maybe cannot determine which area you are good or not good ...all 700+ level could be hard whether it is strengthen or maybe SC pronoun SO ON.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, I think ArtVandaley's point was that we can finally may be possibly could theoretically read the ESR (if we are very lucky).
I have to say that the questions in those 2 groups seem somewhat hard to me to distinguish. There are clearly differences but they are very so subtle.

ArtVandaley wrote:
Hey no

I meant that the knowledge derived from these questions can be extended to existing official questions. I didn't limit my argument to this book.

09173140521 wrote:
ArtVandaley wrote:
Hey bb, this is just

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2