GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 Feb 2020, 11:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Error in employment dates

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Nov 2019
Posts: 16
Location: Mexico
GPA: 3.6
Error in employment dates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 10:21
I've just realized that I made a big mistake on my first job employment dates, by confusing the date I actually picked up the last check vs the day I stopped working. It was exactly two months after that, in March, not May as stated on my CV *AND* application.

Should I contact the Adcom?? Is this a huge thing?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2019
Posts: 25
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.46
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge
Re: Error in employment dates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 12:39
sancre16 wrote:
I've just realized that I made a big mistake on my first job employment dates, by confusing the date I actually picked up the last check vs the day I stopped working. It was exactly two months after that, in March, not May as stated on my CV *AND* application.

Should I contact the Adcom?? Is this a huge thing?


Is this severance pay? If you were terminated I would say it could look like you are hiding a period of unemployment. Would try to rectify this.

If this was a different situation where you left, but you used your remaining PTO and then ceased employment it's fine. Can explain this later if it comes up in a background check.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Nov 2019
Posts: 16
Location: Mexico
GPA: 3.6
Re: Error in employment dates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 12:51
I left but had PTO and a voluntary savings' fund with the company.

I did have a 5 month gap which is explained in one of the essays, only, it turned out to be a 7 month gap.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Nov 2019
Posts: 16
Location: Mexico
GPA: 3.6
Re: Error in employment dates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 12:51
easterngod wrote:
sancre16 wrote:
I've just realized that I made a big mistake on my first job employment dates, by confusing the date I actually picked up the last check vs the day I stopped working. It was exactly two months after that, in March, not May as stated on my CV *AND* application.

Should I contact the Adcom?? Is this a huge thing?


Is this severance pay? If you were terminated I would say it could look like you are hiding a period of unemployment. Would try to rectify this.

If this was a different situation where you left, but you used your remaining PTO and then ceased employment it's fine. Can explain this later if it comes up in a background check.


I left but had PTO and a voluntary savings' fund with the company.

I did have a 5 month gap which is explained in one of the essays, only, it turned out to be a 7 month gap.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2019
Posts: 25
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.46
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge
Re: Error in employment dates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 14:00
sancre16 wrote:
easterngod wrote:
sancre16 wrote:
I've just realized that I made a big mistake on my first job employment dates, by confusing the date I actually picked up the last check vs the day I stopped working. It was exactly two months after that, in March, not May as stated on my CV *AND* application.

Should I contact the Adcom?? Is this a huge thing?


Is this severance pay? If you were terminated I would say it could look like you are hiding a period of unemployment. Would try to rectify this.

If this was a different situation where you left, but you used your remaining PTO and then ceased employment it's fine. Can explain this later if it comes up in a background check.


I left but had PTO and a voluntary savings' fund with the company.

I did have a 5 month gap which is explained in one of the essays, only, it turned out to be a 7 month gap.


I think you are OK
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2650
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Error in employment dates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2020, 16:41
based on what I see in this thread, should be fine.
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Error in employment dates   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2020, 16:41
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Error in employment dates

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hideto, MBAPrepCoach






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne