GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 20:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ESCP MiM or gap year?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
ESCP MiM or gap year?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2019, 12:01
Hi everyone! I've just received an offer for ESCP MiM, I actually decided to apply for the three-years path as I am Italian and in this way i will be rewarded with the Italian diploma. I have mixed feeling about that, I am struggling to decide wether is better to take a gap year preparing better my application for the next year.
A little bit about background
-Italian graduating in september 2019 with a Bsc in economics from a public university well recognized in Italy but not abroad
- Decent GPA : 28,1/30 (with major GPA 30/30)
-Semester in UK (Nottingham)
-Goals: IB either in London or Paris
-No relevant work experience
Any suggestion/thoughts about this program? All the ESCP students I've reached seems very happy with the program, and I actually love the opportunity to switch campus every year/semester, but i have heard that the program's subjects are actually very easy for being a Master degree.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: ESCP MiM or gap year?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2019, 13:47
Hi PORR,

Welcome to GMAT Club. I don't know anything about the program, though it looks very interesting.
One of the main qualifications and questions you should ask the current students you are in contact with, is what kind of employer engagement are they seeing? Is the program able to attract recruiters to come to campus to interview candidates or how does one find a job after graduating?

As to difficulty of classwork, there are several perspectives on it. Business School, traditionally, is not challenging in terms of the material - it is all the usual stuff and some schools, e.g. Harvard don't even have required course books. Instead they use the case method to teach their concepts and you are left on your own to figure out what gaps you need to fill. So I would not fault a program for easier course work in case it has great placement stats and a good feed into the industries you are looking to get into. At the same time, if the reputation in the industry is that the school is a party place that produces inadequate graduates, I would steer way. However, the opinion should be based on how hard it is to get in and how easy it is find a job after, not how hard it is in the middle ;-)

P.S. What if you do take a gap year. What programs would you target?

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2019, 05:06
Thanks BB for the answer! :)
Actually if i take a gap year I would take GMAT this summer in order to apply for Bocconi, SSE and Imperial Msc in Finance, (maybe also ESSEC and HEC MiM and msc finance), but still unsure if I would be able to break the GMAT. This year I tried also Bocconi with their own test but i didn't get into their finance msc (they leave just few spots for Italian students coming from a no-bocconi bachelor). ESCP placement anyway seems good also for investment banking but surely not as good as Bocconi or Imperial.
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2019, 08:56
PORR wrote:
Hi everyone! I've just received an offer for ESCP MiM, I actually decided to apply for the three-years path as I am Italian and in this way i will be rewarded with the Italian diploma. I have mixed feeling about that, I am struggling to decide wether is better to take a gap year preparing better my application for the next year.
A little bit about background
-Italian graduating in september 2019 with a Bsc in economics from a public university well recognized in Italy but not abroad
- Decent GPA : 28,1/30 (with major GPA 30/30)
-Semester in UK (Nottingham)
-Goals: IB either in London or Paris
-No relevant work experience
Any suggestion/thoughts about this program? All the ESCP students I've reached seems very happy with the program, and I actually love the opportunity to switch campus every year/semester, but i have heard that the program's subjects are actually very easy for being a Master degree.

Brand and reputation wise ESCP is one of the best school in Europe for MiM. It has 6 campuses in Europe and you will have a chance to opt for campuses rotation.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 21:34
If you want to deepen your personal practical skills, you can consider gap year programs, because this allows your major to get practical opportunities, but also can get other learning and communication opportunities.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 19:41
Is there no other update for this post? I want to see what you think about gap year programs.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ESCP MiM or gap year?   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2020, 19:41

ESCP MiM or gap year?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate