It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 16:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Experiences with Mim-Essay.com

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
Reviews Badge
Experiences with Mim-Essay.com [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 12:57
Hi guys,

I want to apply to the MiM programs from LBS, Esade, IE and HEC Paris for 2016 intake. I am finally done with my Gmat and Toefl, received a 690 and 118 respectively. Now I want to focus on the essays and since I am completely new to these kinds of application essays, I figured some help would not be bad.

So I stumbled accross mim-essay.com. Seems like the ideal choice, since they focus on the MiM program. However, I haven't found too many reviews from external sources, so I wondered if someone can give me some details. Maybe even some first hand experience.

I am interested in their MiM essay Editing Service!

Regards,

Christian

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:33
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Christian,

Being a MiM student run group ourselves we totally understand any hesitations you may have before using our services.
I was there in your shoes last year & we all want the best help possible for our application don't we?

I invite you to check out our client reviews at http://www.mim-essay.com/customer-reviews.html

Additionally ill be happy to connect you to any of these people, and you can directly ask them how we were able to help them out.
Lastly feel free to send us a mail or connect with us via our Contact Us page, well be happy to answer any doubts you may have :)

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 4

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 86

Schools: Bocconi '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:40
Anyone fancy weighing in?

Last edited by alseca1927 on 11 Feb 2016, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 86

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 08:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hey alseca,

I actually tried their service and have been quite impressed. I had Abhyank as my consultant and he has helped me a lot with understanding my strengths/weaknesses and how to highlite my profile properly in the essays.

I think that the best part of their service is the personal approach they take. Abhyank was more a friend than a consultant he was really eager to get to know my profile in all its details. It was actually him that suggested a lot of topics that I could include in answering the specific essay questions. That really showed the deep understanding he has over your profile.

As to the standard process:
-First an overview of your profile is conducted via a skype call and saved in an extensive excel file.
-Afterwards the specific essay questions are discussed and proper answer possiblites considered.
-Then, it is a back and forth between you and your consultant where the essay is edited and perfected.

Overall, I valued their overview of your profile in the first skype session the most. It really shows your life in one well-arranged file and makes answering the essays so much easier and clearer. The best part is, that you can obviously use the file and the experience you have gained for later applications. So even though you pay for one application at a time, it really helps for all of your applications and can be a great orientation aid at the start of your applications.

They are also always ready to help you with any questions you might have regarding your addmission process. As Abhyank was himself in your position a few years back, he really has great first-hand advice for any situation you might encounter.

Also, if you do not have a decent CV yet (like me before the service), be sure to try out their CV service. It is really super cheap and you can be sure to have a very solid CV afterwards.

The only minor negative point I have is that it is still a small company and therefore it takes up to a day for a response sometimes. Never longer though! I have absolutely no problem with that, especially since the responses are always high quality and to the point.

To summarize, I can recommend the service and I think for the price it is absolutely reasonable to use it for at least one application. You put so much effort into the application already with Gmat etc. That is also why I decided to go for it blindly and I have not regretted it in any way!

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

GRE 1: 321 Q168 V153
Re: Experiences with Mim-Essay.com [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 12:34
This post received
KUDOS
One word to describe my whole mim-essay experience-"Fantastic!". Right from day 1, the guidance that i have recieved, is outstanding. Abhyank was much more than just a proffessional counsellor-he was more like a friend to me and i could always clear any doubt no matter how silly, by just sending a text over whatsapp. From shortlisting institutes according to your choice and profile, to editing the numerous essays,sops and lors...abhyanks tireless efforts to perfecting each component of the profile is really something that gave me a competitive edge. He was available round the clock, and most importantly, i could virtualy contact him by whichever means i was comfortable with-skype,email,whatsapp,phone and he responded almost immediately. Apart from the technicalities of profile-building, his motivation and opinions were truly invaluable to my entire application process.

When applying for the top 4-5 MIM schools, it comes without saying that your competition is with thousands of equal, if not better, candidates and in order to stand out from them you need to break-free from a generic profile....that is something which MIM-Essay does. Abhyank eked out every small work and achievement of my life through the initial brainstorming process, and helped me build a profile by highlighting different aspects of my personality, which otherwise would have been difficult to isolate and structure properly. He perfected my essays by focussing on the "why you did it" part rather than "what you did" which i think made my seemingly generic profile standout. Apart from this, his expertise when it comes to facing interview jury was also something that i found immensely valuable because it prepared me well in advance. Overall, as i look back at my apllication, i think i could not have done all this without abhyanks help..

First thing that comes to mind is the great value for money service that mim-essay provides. They provide excellent service at a way cheaper rate than their counterparts in the market. They have a-la carte system of choosing service, which i found very useful and economical. Their response time is at max a few hours(thats the worst case scenario so you can understand :-) ). And probably the most important part about mim-essays service is their 100% devotion towards perfecting your application. It really is the kind of thing that takes you that extra mile to get a coveted admission letter. I remember how abhyank motivated me to apply for essec and seeing his confidence in me, i went ahead and applied and got the much awaited admission!!

If you are an MIM aspirant and looking for the best help that you can get, look no further. Just please dont look,think or worry about investing in mim-essay! It is one of the best possible investment of time and money that i have made during my application process and i can assure you that they are the one stop solution for all the answers or doubts that you have regarding your application. If i had to go back in time, i would probably go for them right at my application onset. Just have faith on their expertise...they will not dissapoint you. :-)

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Experiences with Mim-Essay.com   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2017, 12:34