It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 13:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cambridge Judge MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Cambridge Judge MBA Admissions and Related Blogs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2016, 17:50
The Judge Business School at Cambridge University has posted the MBA application deadlines and essay questions for the 2016-2017 admissions cycle.
Deadlines
Round 1
Application Deadline: September 9, 2016
Interview Date: October 24, 2016

Round 2
Application Deadline: October 21, 2016
Interview Date: December 5, 2016

Round 3
Application Deadline: January 6, 2017
Interview Dates: February 20, 2017 and February 27, 2017

Round 4
Application Deadline: March 10, 2017
Interview Date: April 24, 2017

Round 5
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Interview Date: June 12, 2017

Candidates should submit their application by 17:00 GMT on the day of their chosen deadline.
Essay Questions
  • What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (200 words)
  • What are your short and long term career objectives? What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them? What do you hope to gain from the degree and how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have? (please do not exceed 500 words)
The application for entry in 2017 is now open. For more information, please visit the Judge Business School admissions website.

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Director
Director

Re: Cambridge Judge MBA Admissions and Related Blogs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 10:58
The University of Cambridge’s Judge Business School has previewed the following MBA essay questions for the 2017-18 application for admission.
Career Objectives
Please provide a personal statement. It should not exceed 500 words and must include the following:
  • What are your short and long term career objectives?
  • What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them?
  • What do you hope to gain from the degree program and how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have?

Required Essay One
What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (200 words max.)
Required Essay Two
Describe a situation where you had to work jointly with others to achieve a common goal. What did you learn from the experience? (up to 200 words)

The application for Fall 2018 entry will open on July. Please visit the Judge Business School admissions website for more details.Image

If you are looking for guidance on your  Cambridge MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 11:00
The University of Cambridge’s Judge Business School has previewed the following MBA essay questions for the 2017-18 application for admission.
Career Objectives
Please provide a personal statement. It should not exceed 500 words and must include the following:
  • What are your short and long term career objectives?
  • What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them?
  • What do you hope to gain from the degree program and how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have?

Required Essay One
What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (200 words max.)
Required Essay Two
Describe a situation where you had to work jointly with others to achieve a common goal. What did you learn from the experience? (up to 200 words)

The application for Fall 2018 entry will open on July. Please visit the Judge Business School admissions website for more details.

If you are looking for guidance on your Cambridge MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 11:01
The Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge has announced the following MBA application deadlines for the 2017-18 admissions cycle.

Round 1 Deadline: September 8, 2017
Round  2 Deadline: October 27, 2017
Round 3 Deadline: January 5, 2018
Round 4 Deadline: March 9, 2018
Round 5 Deadline: May 4, 2018

At the moment the Cambridge MBA admissions team has yet to post decision dates for the upcoming application season. We’ll update with more information as it becomes available. Meanwhile, please visit the Judge Business School admissions website for more details.

The application for Fall 2018 entry will open on July 1. Candidates should submit their application by 17:00 GMT on the day of their chosen deadline.Image

If you are looking for guidance on your Cambridge MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 03:46
FROM Cambridge Admissions Blog: Average is now the default
As my colleagues know, I am a podcast nut. I subscribe to more than 20 podcasts and listen to them every opportunity I can. One of the podcasts I listen to is On Brand, a podcast hosted by Nick Westergaard (@nickwestergaard on twitter) based in Iowa and features interviews with brand marketers. One recent episode featured an interview with Jay Acunzo (@jayacunzo) who has his own podcast.

While most of the interview talked about brands and marketing, there was one snippet that stood out for me. Jay pointed out that the internet has made it so easy to be average because there are so many templates out there. So now, average is just the default and people have to work hard to become exceptional, and it is only the exceptional who will get ahead and have an impact on the world. Jay’s advice is to always ask yourself why you are doing this and who you are doing this for, to get from average to exceptional.

I thought this was great advice, especially for our MBAs who are interviewing for jobs at the moment. If you take the perspective of the recruiter who has to sit through hours of interviews with other candidates, you need to be exceptional to stand out. And relying on templates for CVs or cover letters, or applying generic frameworks during a case interview, will only consign you to the average and not good enough heap. As to how you can stand out from the crowd, the careers service in any school can only go so far in terms of giving you the tools to think things through but ultimately you have to contextualise and apply these tools to your own circumstance.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 03:46
FROM Cambridge Admissions Blog: A new road
After more than five years and 127 posts, I have decided that we will close this blog because of a combination of reasons.

Firstly, I have recently taken on a new role as the Executive Director of the Cambridge MBA. Karen Siegfried, a great friend and mentor, stepped down from that role to return to the US and start a new venture. I was fortunate and honoured that I was successful in my application to take over as Executive Director and started in this new role on 15th May.

While I have taken on additional responsibilities over the years, first adding the careers team and now the programme team, the blog has stuck to the admissions sphere. Over the last few months, I did feel that this focus on admissions was a bit restrictive and that explains why my last post was almost 4 months ago. I did think about changing the scope of the blog to include careers and the programme side of things but this leads to the second reason why we are closing the blog — we have more social media outreach now.

When I first started the blog, we were only just experimenting with using Facebook and Twitter to connect with our candidates. Today, we use linkedin, our website, twitter, weibo, WeChat, youtube, and other blogs for students to write about their experiences.

It will be sad for me personally to stop contributing to this blog. I enjoyed writing the posts and responding to comments, some of which were from candidates who later joined our programme and became great alums. The blog was very successful at one point when it had more average monthly visitors than the school website. This was a statistic that I was not proud of because that showed how poor our school website was at the time but I am happy it has now improved greatly and we no longer need to rely on this blog to connect with our candidates.

My team knows that I am a social media nut and I am always looking for new ways to connect with people although I still don’t get Snapchat. I enjoy the longform format that a blog provides so I am working with the team to launch a podcast series. So stay tuned.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Re: Cambridge Judge MBA Admissions and Related Blogs   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2017, 03:46

Cambridge Judge MBA Admissions and Related Blogs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap