Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1497 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Hong hu ,
You should probably give a call as that can never harm your chances . In fact when I called a couple of school since I didnt hear from them they took it very positively , and since in PhD the applicant pool is small , they give you more time and are more personalised in their talk. I think , in most schools the preliminary screening should be over and if you call and affirm your interest it will looked upon positively.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did anyone hear back from Columbia marketing? Have they staretd sending out decision letters?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks chez_gmat! I think you are right. I'll give them a call soon. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone heard from Berkeley marketing? I've emailed them, and called twice without a response. Also, anyone know if the recent stolen laptop with personal data affects the marketing department and 2005 applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Has anyone interviewed or heard what the interviews are like at Georgetown? I just received an email to come interview in the next weeks and am wondering what to expect. Also, what do you think the chances are of getting in to the program if they ask you to come for an interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am from Canada and I got an offer from UBC (Vancouver). I also have an offer from Indiana University. Both are for the manageemnt science. I would like to know which is a better program, if I plan to be a professor in top schools in the future. Thanks very much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
if I entered a particular university for a PhD program, I should stick with it until I complete the PhD program? Or I can study the first year in a particular university and try to apply to another better program the year after? (but would it offense the faculty in that school?)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hpun wrote:
if I entered a particular university for a PhD program, I should stick with it until I complete the PhD program? Or I can study the first year in a particular university and try to apply to another better program the year after? (but would it offense the faculty in that school?)

You'd probably lose a lot of the work you did at the first school, unless the second school had a rather liberal transfer policy for their doc programs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
the important thing about the PhD is the research, and not the course work. Therefore, why would it be a big problem if I lost the course work credit, if my objective is to have a good research? BTW, is this a very rare case?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Exactly my question Hpun! I have an offer from a top 50 B School( But closer to 50 :) and I am waitlisted in two good schools . My point is can I transfer to a better school in the 2nd year?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Promothesh,

Just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the schools you have been accepted to (and those that you are still waiting for)?

Congratulations on the acceptance! I hope everything works out for you.

-Soulutions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hpun wrote:
the important thing about the PhD is the research, and not the course work. Therefore, why would it be a big problem if I lost the course work credit, if my objective is to have a good research? BTW, is this a very rare case?

I'm not arguing what's important, you're quite right that it's all about the research, but you still have those 40+ credits or so of coursework, and it's my understanding that the programs like to deal with their own at the dissertation stage.

Of course, for a given program I may be quite mistaken, I can't presume to speak for them all. But I just don't think it's something commonly done or encouraged; different programs can have radically different takes on things, different requirements, types of requirements, etc.

But if anybody knows better than me, feel free to blast apart what I just said, I'm willing to be proven wrong.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Soulutions ,

I have sent a pm
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Solution:

I remember that you have accepted a position at OSU. Is it in Markeitng or some other field of study? I am still waitlisted at 4 of the top 20 programs - and have been denied admits to a few other top20 programs. But, that's the mistake I made. I applied only to top 20 programs.

If marketing, are you interested in Quant or CB? Do let me know.

Thanks.
BB

soulutions wrote:
Promothesh,

Just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the schools you have been accepted to (and those that you are still waiting for)?

Congratulations on the acceptance! I hope everything works out for you.

-Soulutions
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
BumbleBee wrote:
Hello Solution:

I remember that you have accepted a position at OSU. Is it in Markeitng or some other field of study? I am still waitlisted at 4 of the top 20 programs - and have been denied admits to a few other top20 programs. But, that's the mistake I made. I applied only to top 20 programs.

If marketing, are you interested in Quant or CB? Do let me know.

BB,

I have accepted a spot in OSU's Marketing Program. I am interested in quant. In particular, I am interested in Bayesian methods for marketing, hence the decision to attend OSU.

Have you decided where to go yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Soulutions,

I have sent a pm, did you check?

I have finally an offer from South Carolina ( phew!). Got interviewed yesterday night ( was sleeping when the call came) and got the offer mail today morning.

Some relief :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats Promothesh !! that is very good news indeed ! :musband
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator: