Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1012 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
salr15,

I experienced the same thing a week before my originally scheduled first attempt (to take place in Mar 27th). I rescheduled it at $50 extra and took it today.

I believe confidence is half of it. You lose confidence, you'll just spend more time on easy ones because you'll then be checking your answers for every single one of them. You have to be confident that the answer you choose is correct and move on. Time management is very important and it appears that you need more practice on it.

If I were you, I would definately reschedule it. You can experience real gmat through GMATPrep (the real thing has the same interface) with added "nervousness" :) Don't give away your first attempt that easily.

Good luck! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys, just rescheduled for July 9th. Definitely need more practice on the questions. I agree ricokevin, confidence is very important. Second guessing yourself only wastes time and I think that comes with practice. This was my first time ever taking the GMATPrep which was a HUGE mistake. I didn't realize how the time constraint creates so much more pressure, doing the problems in the OG 11 book is much easier since you have unlimited time :-D .

Botirvoy I definitely will take your advise and use the search engine. I just realized they had this useful tool or I would have been using it all along :wink: . I actually really like the courses on this site, very helpful!! I need to spend some time on the Verbal courses, I definitely underestimated the GMAT verbal.

Mishari also thanks for the advise! I am definitely going to buy those books and please let me know if you know of any other useful books. There are so many books out there that it can get overwhelming trying to find one.

Ok, this wounded soldier is going back to the chalk board. Time to come up with a new plan, I have been spending a little more time looking at some of the success stories on this forum and seeing how they prepared to conquer the beast!! Thanks again guys for the great advise!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck salr15. Don't get discouraged. In one or two months you can raise you math a lot. Try to find a study partner if you can.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts