Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Financing Your MBA [#permalink]
died4me wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
died4me wrote:
aaudetat,

I was doing my homework on this lately.

Here is my conclusion.

1. Take the Sub Stafford Loan only $8500 per year. sucks.

2. Instead of the usual Unsub Stafford Loan for $12000 @ 6.8%, take the Graduate PLUS Loan all the way. but Must go with College Founction of NC.
After I compared numberous lenders, I realized that this one is actually slightly better than the Fed's Unsub Stafford Loan.
It is at 5.5% plus 3% automatically credited back to principal loan balance. The only thing that can beat this is the Perkins loan.

Hmmm. Interesting. Is the 5.5% fixed?

Also, you are allowed to borrow PLUS loans up to the cost of attendance, minus other aid. Obviously, you can turn down any loan they offer, but I bet it's not very common that someone would turn down the staffords in favor of the Plus!

Does anyone know more about this?

1.75% immediate interest rate reduction at replayment
1.25% interest rate reduction for automatic debit.

It turned out that the Duke Chart had a typo. CFNC said that it is actually .75% not 1.75%. :x

Well, this changes everything. The Stafford is slightly better than the PLUS then.

Still, CFNC is the best PLUS out there.

Almost certainly no.
The HDMI port is output, not input.

Presumably you tried this and it failed to work?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: Booth '19 (A)
Send PM
Private student loans are not as bad as people imagine, now you can get a 20Y loan with no pre-pay commission and a rate of 5%+Libor (e.g. Prodigy)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, GradPLUS is available !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: Other Schools
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Stop worrying about expensive student loans for your dream education.

PS: You pay it back only after you get a job ?

Sign-up for first batch started, limited seats available so hurry up!

www.edbridg.com

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi

I am sorry i am hijacking the conversation. I am admitted to Fuqua co 2022. International student without any scholarship so far and barely any saving that would amount to much when converted to dollars.

I have a few questions that I need your guidance on -
1. Is it better to take loans from US lenders or from Indian lenders (in my case)
2. I have a colleague who is US citizen and might be willing to be my co-signer. Does it mean I should go for federal loans instead of private lenders like Prodigy?
3. Are there any external scholarships that I can try for? Or any pre-MBA fellowship?
4. Where, if at all, I can minimize the expenses.

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Does anybody know if you can cancel your loan and change to the lower interest rate in July if it does go down? I figure it won't be an issue, but maybe I am overlooking something.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I think its really hard to get the student loan now a days from any lending company.Because mostly the lending company face huge amount of bed debts.That's why the loan department is active now and do a lot of verification before issuing the loan.And mostly student don't qualify for loan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you're already wealthy enough not to have to worry about financing your MBA program then you could ask yourself if business school in France is the good choice. From my side i financed it from my placements in stock exchange. C'était un vrai deal pour moi à travers la pratique des pivot-points (à consulter sur cette source) ce qui m'a permis de placer sans détenir des fonds.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Self-financing is the way to go.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
With the cost of tuition at some of the top MBA programs topping US$80,000 per year, financing an MBA can be challenging. And while many MBA students take out graduate student loans to fund their studies, MBA scholarship money, though somewhat elusive, is available every application year.

In fact, Personal MBA Coach’s clients earned over $6.5M in scholarships last year!

MBA scholarships, sometimes referred to as MBA fellowships, fall into two major categories:

1. Merit-based money offered as a result of the MBA application.

2. MBA scholarships that students apply for directly.

Here, Personal MBA Coach shares our tips for maximizing your chances of scholarship success!

About Personal MBA Coach

Founded by a Wharton MBA and MIT Sloan graduate who sits on the Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants Board of Directors, Personal MBA Coach has been guiding clients for 14 years and is consistently ranked #1 or #2 by leading sources including Poets&Quants.

We help clients with all aspects of the MBA application process including early planning, GMAT/GRE/EA tutoring, application strategy, school selection, essay editing and mock interviews. Our team includes former M7 admissions directors and former M7 admissions interviewers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi

You are talking MBA right? Cause if you are then you qualify.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19