Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [2]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Fine arts student help required in quant section [#permalink]
Hey bangalorelover

Welcome to GMATClub!

I think you should be fine as far as concepts are concerned if you have completed them using
the Manhattan Quant guides. Whenever you practice questions, try to understand if you are
able to apply your learning to the problems. Whenever you make a mistake or aren't able to
solve a question - go through the thread(where the question has been discussed). Some of the
methods that have been used to solve the problems, will help you save some time. Try and adapt
these methods while you solve similar questions during practice.

Some additional links at GMATClub to improve your Quant score are as follows:

1. GMATClub Quantitative Mega-Thread
2. ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! !
3. PS Directory by Topic and Difficulty
4. DS Directory by Topic and Difficulty
5. Timing strategies

The third and fourth links are for practice only.

As an additional resource, you should buy the GMATClub Quant tests. I would recommend you to
take the tests diligently and prepare an elaborate error-log(at least the topics you face problems in)
Work on maintaining this error log and go through this from time to time. This retrospection will
definitely help you improve your scores. Last but not the least, go through the below-given post
(which details the strategy to improve Quant score to Q50)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 41670.html

Hope this helps you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Re: Fine arts student help required in quant section [#permalink]
bangalorelover wrote:
For some odd reasons i have chosen to take GMAT exam to pursue my carrier in management but i am stuck at a crossroads either to give away GMAT or fight the beast of quant. i haven't had my maths classes since 10th grade which is a big fear factor. To cover that up i went through all the MGAMT quant book and made notes about formulas and tactics but when i started to practice at GMAT club the fear of maths again crept in. I am currently solving 600-700 level questions but the dilemma here is that I am taking 6-7 minutes to solve the question which are on low difficulty of 600-700. I have talked to no of people here on gmat club all of them have advised me to keep practicing as the concepts will get absorbed over period of time and question patterns will start to develop i have solved 100 question from PS but still i haven't been able to map the pattern and to reduce the overall time of my solution.

If some expert could guide and help me out of my dilemma and solve this myth of pattern in GMAT. i would be very thankful. My target is 700

You must do official tag 600-700 range and do specific topic eg do tag of rate, 600-700, official
there is lot of practice material learn from official guides. GMAT club is gold specially its question banks that's all you need. and keep practicing till you start to solve problems in your dreams. till you get a nightmare and when you wake up you figure it out that you were solving math problem. wonderful links shared by push go through it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Fine arts student help required in quant section [#permalink]
Moderator:
Math Expert
92914 posts