GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2019, 06:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Fisher v. ISB

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Fisher v. ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 05:38
Hi Guys,

I have gotten through to Fisher - with a full ride and GA of around $1800/month. But I am not sure about the job opportunities post the MBA from OSU. I want to pursue consulting, preferably in the strategy space.
I also have an admit from ISB and coming from India, it is the premier college here. Any advice on what I should do?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.07
Re: Fisher v. ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 06:52
abhimor wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have gotten through to Fisher - with a full ride and GA of around $1800/month. But I am not sure about the job opportunities post the MBA from OSU. I want to pursue consulting, preferably in the strategy space.
I also have an admit from ISB and coming from India, it is the premier college here. Any advice on what I should do?

Congrats, that's a great opportunity. Don't know much about ISB, but I'm local to Columbus, and can speak to Fisher. It's good, but definitely not great. Look at the big firms in Columbus (OSU, Nationwide, L-Brands, Huntington, Chase, etc.) and see if anything jumps out. If you're looking at McKinsey, Deloitte is the big one, and McKinsey has a Cleveland office if you break through being outside that top tier. Chicago is relatively close as far as major markets.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 23:54
ncheekonu wrote:
abhimor wrote:
Hi Guys,

Congrats, that's a great opportunity. Don't know much about ISB, but I'm local to Columbus, and can speak to Fisher. It's good, but definitely not great. Look at the big firms in Columbus (OSU, Nationwide, L-Brands, Huntington, Chase, etc.) and see if anything jumps out. If you're looking at McKinsey, Deloitte is the big one, and McKinsey has a Cleveland office if you break through being outside that top tier. Chicago is relatively close as far as major markets.

Hey, thanks for the response. So apart from consulting, what are the other major hiring industries? Though Id prefer my first choice, but the priority is to always find a job at a firm that can support me through my visa process.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.07

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:44
abhimor wrote:
ncheekonu wrote:
abhimor wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hey, thanks for the response. So apart from consulting, what are the other major hiring industries? Though Id prefer my first choice, but the priority is to always find a job at a firm that can support me through my visa process.

I'd email Fisher for that info; they're more equipped to answer than I would be.
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 04:09
abhimor wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi,
I tagged cxa0897. He is current student and could give great insights about Fisher.
Retired Moderator
B
Affiliations: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 10:44
Top Contributor
abhimor Congrats Dude!!! both are great schools

firstly decide whether you want to stay in the comfort of your homeland and stay close to your family or you want to come to different part of the planet and start afresh.
Secondly, getting into pure consulting space as an international candidate is not easy!! Fisher is a great brand and i know tons of people making into the consulting world but the percentage play is still there.
thirdly, you are getting a free ride and 1800bucks a month as GA ( i got only 920 pm) , which is a great incentive - you not only get to be a part of a great alumni but you would graduate with no overheads!!
if i were you, i would take Fisher and drink beer until fall :)
congrats again!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Fisher v. ISB   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2019, 10:44

Fisher v. ISB

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste, Wilch