Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finacee, General Management
Schools:ISB, HEC, Said
 Q48  V28
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink]
shilps wrote:
Hi Friends,

I have solved OG and Verbal Review for RC. What you suggest specially for RC practice ? Are LSAT passages good enough.
Among all 3 verbal section, I am never ever correct 100% except science passages. Going to put more efforts for RC.

Please suggest about LSAT RC or anything comparable.

Thanks,
Shilpa

It depends upon the time left for the exam. If you have ample time then you may practice few LSAT RC passages. But before GMAT do not forget to revise og's. It is very important to mimic your mind with the gmat pattern.

Whatsoever material you may use, near your exam revise the official material as much as you can.

PS: You do not need 100% accuracy to score high. Keep all the sections covered and have confidence in your preparation. It is very important to score well in all the sections. Make habit of practicing 2 RC's per day.

Good luck.. when is your exam?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finacee, General Management
Schools:ISB, HEC, Said
 Q48  V28
Send PM
Are the CR questions in OG in increasing order of difficulty?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Gurupreet.

Yes, good suggestion about reviewing from OG. I didnot think of that earlier but sounds great.
RC , I mean to say 100% accuracy on easiest questions.
My exam is on 17th Nov. SC is improved after going through Manhattan. Guys, I realized that understanding the sentence structure is important. Even though I am not experty yet, I have seen quite improvement in SC.
What you guys are up to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi there,

Yesterday I tried to solve first(and only one) LSAT RC passage. Solving LSAT passages seems way to difficult to me. Obviously I still struggle with GMAT passages so I guess it is not a good idea to go through LSAT Passages.
What do you suggest ? I admit that I am not a regular English newspaper reader so it is not easy for me to acquire RC skills for GMAT. After OGs now what is ideal for RC pratice? Anybody solved LSAT Passages here ? Were they beneficial?

Thanks,
Shilps
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Upset about the verbal score - SC, CR and RC are going to be my friend
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
How are you all doing? I am panicked by reading one other thread here in GMAT club by a person, who went from 570 to 530. I haven't done much preparation for RC yet. My score can easily go down to 10 or 15 also in verbal as I get so panicked about RC. How are you all preparing for the RC? What preparation material are you using. As I have already taken GMAT, I remember most of RC passages from OG. Is there any other material, I can focus on. I have taken off from work for 2 days just to focus on RCs. Please help me with identifying prep material for RC. I am going to read the MGMAT RC book today on and off and practice some RCs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
In order to become good in RC you must first become good in CR.

Most of the incorrect answer choices in RC are usually out of scope, or too specific for general questions. I highly recommend MGMAT RC book, which teaches very useful tips on what strategies to use for specific questions and what strategies to use for general questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 228 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Would have loved to see this thread alive...but the last post was on May 2010...:( Anyways guys , I am one amongst the many who has sucked at the verbal part of real thing(V=29) and I don't want any stone left unturned this time . I was thinking of starting to categorize questions according to what it demands . For eg , If we find a question on parallelism , then we know that under it , there can be different varieties of parallelism like parallel verbs , parallel phrases , parallel clauses etc . Classifying different types of question asked may help us build an exhaustive list and if we see similar type of question again , then we may not feel that question to be so difficult . Another example I would like to take is that of weakening questions from CR . Of all the questions I did , I could only realize two types of scenarios under which a question can be weakened . Most of them were weakened by the additional info and some of them by cause and effect reasoning methods . I think that building exhaustive list makes it very less probable that we face questions which we categorize as "new" . But building exhaustive list will require the support of you guys . Looking forward forward for your contribution if you like my idea...:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 228 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
ohh...sorry for the first line guys...I jst saw the last post of the first page...:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 425 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
srivicool wrote:
i wrote my MGMAT diagnostic - got 30 in Verbal...
i am done with OG 12, doing OG 10 now.
just started with RC 99 and SC grail..

for me the problem is timing... wen i see the time during CAT, i panic and guess and result in low scores..

while practicing , i get around 90% in OG 12 and 10 RC passages.
CR i need to improve.. i get around 75% correct. but exam tension makes me get more wrong i feel..

gurpeet n others,

Please let me know how to improve timing and CAT strategies to improve my verbal score in timed conditions.
i will be taking my exam in Dec end.. and i have around 6 hrs /day on weekdays..
thanx in advance...

Obviously, the "enemy" is not GMAT, but YOURSELF :P. Don't get panic.
Actually, there is a huge difference between practising on papers and taking the CAT. Everyone has timing problems, the only way is to practise and practise, then you will have a sense of how much time you will need to spend on 1 problem, and when you will have to make educated guess and move on. I myself have read many timing strategies posted by high-score test takers, then I will find which best works for me. During my practise, I used GMAT Timer gmat-timer-56014.html created by Walker and found that this stuff really helped. Well, no special strategy, just practise :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
windofchange wrote:
srivicool wrote:
i wrote my MGMAT diagnostic - got 30 in Verbal...
i am done with OG 12, doing OG 10 now.
just started with RC 99 and SC grail..

for me the problem is timing... wen i see the time during CAT, i panic and guess and result in low scores..

while practicing , i get around 90% in OG 12 and 10 RC passages.
CR i need to improve.. i get around 75% correct. but exam tension makes me get more wrong i feel..

gurpeet n others,

Please let me know how to improve timing and CAT strategies to improve my verbal score in timed conditions.
i will be taking my exam in Dec end.. and i have around 6 hrs /day on weekdays..
thanx in advance...

Obviously, the "enemy" is not GMAT, but YOURSELF :P. Don't get panic.
Actually, there is a huge difference between practising on papers and taking the CAT. Everyone has timing problems, the only way is to practise and practise, then you will have a sense of how much time you will need to spend on 1 problem, and when you will have to make educated guess and move on. I myself have read many timing strategies posted by high-score test takers, then I will find which best works for me. During my practise, I used GMAT Timer gmat-timer-56014.html created by Walker and found that this stuff really helped. Well, no special strategy, just practise :D

thanx for sharing the timer... i will practice more CATs..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Could you recommend any GMAT practice tests (full, real score based test)?
I have done GMAT prep.. (from MBA com), and GMAT POWERPREP... since i have done thgem for several times, i remember all the topics and answers, thus can't see any improvement... Can i do ANYTHING ELSE?

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have done GMAT prep.. (from MBA com), and GMAT POWERPREP... since i have done thgem for several times, i remember all the topics and answers, thus can't see any improvement... Can i do ANYTHING ELSE?

thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM

thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, finance
WE 1: Business Development Manger
WE 2: Assistant Manager-Carbon Trading
WE 3: Manager-Carbon Trading
Send PM
Hey guys I am having a hrad time too with verbal.I score constanly bad on verbal sections I did kaplan test and scored 530 with V23 and q 34.I need help if someone can explain how do I improve on RC and Sc my weakest part on GMAT verbal.I have read Manhattan SC guide and Have done OG 10 and 12 but no help till know .Can someone give me some tips my exam is scheduled next month and I am very nervous.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3941 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Send PM
rite2deepti wrote:
Hey guys I am having a hrad time too with verbal.I score constanly bad on verbal sections I did kaplan test and scored 530 with V23 and q 34.I need help if someone can explain how do I improve on RC and Sc my weakest part on GMAT verbal.I have read Manhattan SC guide and Have done OG 10 and 12 but no help till know .Can someone give me some tips my exam is scheduled next month and I am very nervous.

for rc go through rhymes strategy i followed rhymes & found improvement. for s.c refer aristotle along with manhattan s.c.
i think you are making mistake same like me, quality is more important then quantity go through basics & you will find improvement
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 425 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink]
natato wrote:

thanks

Many test takers agree that Quality is MUCH more IMPORTANT than the Quantity. Trying to take as many practice tests as possible without knowing why you got wrong doesn't help. One of the learning methods is to learn from our own mistakes. You should keep track of your errors by maintaining the error log or by creating your own notes and you should usually revise your mistakes.

When you take the GMATPrep, google the incorrect answers in the Internet. It often shows the link to ManhattanGMAT or GMATClub. In MGMAT, the questions are clearly explained by the experts, who help you a lot to learn new concepts and especially to understand why you got wrong. If you have time, try to google ALL the answers, just make sure that you did not get 1 problem right by chance and that you truly know the solution to that problem.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Concentration: Tuck,Cornell,Duke
 Q47  V20 GMAT 2: 560  Q45  V22
WE 1: 4.6 years Exp IT prof
Send PM
I am not able to improve my RC
also anyone can improve SC just Practice ,practice and more practice also remember your previous mistake and don't repeat them...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  15