Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [22]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-09-2015
GPA: 3.87
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: From 380 to 700 in 14 weeks [#permalink]
Thanks for sharing! I can relate to your story on so many levels. I am also an international aspiring applicant. GMAT study materials are hard to find. I am at the beginning stages but math is also not my biggest weakness. Reading you amazing improvement is definitely a motivator...I am actually looking forward to getting started.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
That's an awesome score man! Congratulations.
Can you guide how you did your verbal prep? Specifically sentence correction and critical reasoning. Any guidance for good sources and strategies for verbal.

Thanks a lot,
Andy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
You have no idea how motivating this post is! I scored a 400 on my first practice CAT and it made me more depressed than ever. I also purchased Magoosh and I'm liking their lessons as well. Not trying to advertise for them either as I have nothing to gain, but it's honestly worth the money for the amount of content and help they provide... they're all so unbelievably nice! Hope that when I take the test, I'll find it super easy and have that much time leftover also! Good luck with B-school apps and I hope you well on your future endeavors!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
hopelessgrad wrote:
You have no idea how motivating this post is! I scored a 400 on my first practice CAT and it made me more depressed than ever. I also purchased Magoosh and I'm liking their lessons as well. Not trying to advertise for them either as I have nothing to gain, but it's honestly worth the money for the amount of content and help they provide... they're all so unbelievably nice! Hope that when I take the test, I'll find it super easy and have that much time leftover also! Good luck with B-school apps and I hope you well on your future endeavors!!

Happy to help and thank you for your wishes! And don't be depresse - honestly, once you go through all the lessons, if you really pay attention, you will be scoring much higher and with practice you will achieve your desired score no problem!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Congrats on your sucess. I am in a similar boat and giving myself 3-4 months to prep.

You say you started in October and achieved you score in February. That is more than 14 weeks. Was there a break in between?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA18 wrote:
Congrats on your sucess. I am in a similar boat and giving myself 3-4 months to prep.

You say you started in October and achieved you score in February. That is more than 14 weeks. Was there a break in between?

Hi, I probably wasn't clear. I decided to do an MBA in October, but I started prep somewhere around the second week of November. So all and all it was about 14 weeks.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Congratulation for the score. I wish you the best in your MBA application.

I want to know, what do you think about Magoosh math section. Have you faced similar problems in the real exam?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Congratulation for the score. I wish you the best in your MBA application.

I want to know, what do you think about Magoosh math section. Have you faced similar problems in the real exam?

Hi! As I said, I thought Magoosh Math was an excellent, excellent prep tool. At least the problems I got during the exam, were similar to Magoosh. There was a lot of arithmetic, integer properties, fractions and percents. Maybe two questions on geometry and statistics and one one powers and roots. I didn't get any questions on coordinate geometry, probability or counting. It doesn't mean that you won't either, though, it's a bit of a game of chance in the end of the day.

Also, as I scored 700, I probably didn't get the truly hard questions. I would guess that if you aim for 700 - 720 Magoosh math covers everything.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Amazing, thanks for sharing! Magoosh is definitely top notch.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
This is incredibly motivating. In January I put up a 570 and cancelled my scores, after seeing mid 600s in my practice tests. Obviously I didn't commit myself to study as much as I should, so I purchased the Magoosh product, renewed MGMAT, and bought the official guide for the entire exam as well as the quant specific official guide. I've been going at it for 2 solid weeks, and am beginning to see improvement. My goal is to pick up at least 140 points, and from reading the success stories on this forum, I know that through hard work it can be done.

Thanks for this great story, and good luck to everyone else.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I was searching for some story that I could relate to and get motivated. I am currently at a gmat score of 310. I just needed to understand a reasonable timeline to achieve a 700+ score. Thank you for inspiring! Hopefully I'd get to write mine.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
JJ310 wrote:
I was searching for some story that I could relate to and get motivated. I am currently at a gmat score of 310. I just needed to understand a reasonable timeline to achieve a 700+ score. Thank you for inspiring! Hopefully I'd get to write mine.

You can try this listing too: https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-st ... 98512.html
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts