Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: From Aringo: *Awesome* Application Self-Assessment Tool [#permalink]
I checked it out. Encouraging for me mostly due to a good GMAT and yes, I was made aware of the importance of essay valuation in the process. I can work on those for sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I took the Vocaz test as well because of my engineering background and the results were very similar. I'm not sure what it all means in terms of acceptance but it gave me an idea of where I stand with the top schools and that's what I needed. I'm relieved to say I was not discouraged. I don't know that I can change anything on my application so I will go ahead and apply to the five schools of my choice. If I'm lucky enough to get interviews, I'll prepare for them. All in all - valid use of time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What's the story regarding when you apply - is there an advantage to applying early in the 'season' or Round, or does it not make a difference? I know a lot of people who kept working on their apps until almost the last minute and am wondering if that affected their acceptance (or non-acceptance). I've never heard anyone say that the earlier you apply the better your chances are.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't know if there are any actual statistics on early application but I wouldn't be surprised if it helps. Providing your application in general is very good, it would indicate a desire for that particular school as well as having your act together with regard to applying.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
garbutus wrote:
What's the story regarding when you apply - is there an advantage to applying early in the 'season' or Round, or does it not make a difference? I know a lot of people who kept working on their apps until almost the last minute and am wondering if that affected their acceptance (or non-acceptance). I've never heard anyone say that the earlier you apply the better your chances are.

Your question is a bit confusing. Do you mean applying early in Round 1 or applying in Round 1 as opposed to Round 2 or 3? I don't know about applying early in Round 1 - it may make a diffference but I wouldn't think so. I imagine they go through all the application at the same time as opposed to having a start-finish date. But the issue of which Round to apply in is a whole different thing and I'd like to know more about it from an expert. I've known people who have been accepted in all three Rounds, so there's no stigma attached to applying later. But why wait, if your application is ready to go? What do the Rounds really signify to the schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm not an expert but I think its better to apply in Round One if you are really satisfied with your application and aren't thinking of making any changes. The pool of applicants is a little different with each Round but the quality of your application is what counts. Knowing there's another Round coming up can give you that extra time you need to polish everything to a bright shine. That's definitely the most important thing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've been looking around to try to get a better idea about when to apply. IF you have a great application with high GMAT, great GPA and all the rest in place, then a Round Two application sounds like the best chance to me. A little less competition and since your app meets all the basic qualifications, from a strictly numbers point of view, I think Round Two is best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't want to wait for Round 2. My application is ready and I'm ready. I did the Aringo test a month ago and was glad for the chance to get an idea of where I stand. I did make changes to my app but I feel like I've been working on it forever and the time has come to move forward and apply!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeah very nice tool .I recommend that everyone should try it..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I' hoped to find a response to my question about when is the best time to apply - Round 1 or Round 2? I see there are others who would like some professional input on this. Basically, I'm wondering what the acceptance stats are for the first two rounds. I'm wondering why they have three rounds to begin with? Better for them or better for us?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't hear people talking about which Round and I don't think it makes much difference, in terms of acceptance. Obviously it makes a difference to an applicant as to when he is ready to apply i.e. his application is as good as its going to get. Don't sweat it - just apply when you're good and ready.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've decided to apply in Round Two. The difference in essay requirements this year has given me, and all of us, more work to do. Single essays, multiple essays....
I have to say that the change to a single essay is very welcome, though. You might be able to get more information across with three or four essays, but I think the adcoms can pick up on the essential 'you' with only one. Wish me luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck, Garbutus. I finished with my essays a month ago and must be satisfied with them because I haven't found myself going back to them with changes. There's nothing else to change. I'm sending to my top five schools in Round 1 and holding till Round 2 with two others. At this point I'd just really like to get rewarded for all the craziness of the last few months. I wish all applicants the best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Garbutus. I was all for Round Two and still am but what I decided to do is apply in Round 1 for the two schools at the bottom of my short list and wait for Round 2 with my top preferences. I'm ready with everything and can't see letting Round 1 go by with no action. Could be ass backwards but I don't think so.
If you're confident with your stats and aren't waiting for an epiphany to change your essays I'd say we're both in good shape.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm happy for everyone who knows what they're doing. I should hope so by now. It's a little late to be looking for advice or confirmation in these forums at this time. The deadlines are around the corner and if you are applying to HBS or Stanford, or Booth or Wharton you should be ready - to apply and accept the results. I wish us all good luck because, ultimately, we don't know who we're up against. But if you're good, so are your chances. Think positive!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I dunno Scitto. The ongoing forums are informative and let you know you're not alone with all your questions. Round 2 deadlines are still 5 months away and that's enough time to learn something that may help. I'm applying in Round 2 and I still have some hesitations here and there but I'm taking a break for now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Go ahead and take a break, Berberwerk. I'm sure you deserve it. BTW, did you do this self-assessment/chances test?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10