Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: From Aringo: *Awesome* Application Self-Assessment Tool [#permalink]
Thanks volt, but that was for my brother. I am interested in getting an MBA just like the rest of the users here. Any school suggestion?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
In my view, this is a good tool for applicants such as consultants, ibankers, etc...
It's really hard to show diversity and how unique you may be viewed by the school...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnDr wrote:
We almost are in the mid of the year, would I be able to catch the last batch of application?

Hi AnDr! How are you doing? Did you pursue your applications? Which school did you passed?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OnlyTheBrave wrote:
In my view, this is a good tool for applicants such as consultants, ibankers, etc...
It's really hard to show diversity and how unique you may be viewed by the school...

Hi. Can you share your personal MBA application experience? I am trying to imagine how tight it is the competition among aspirants during the application process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cCole wrote:
lastic34 wrote:
Hi there! I would like to ask insights about the probable college for me. I am 34, married and a pre-med graduate. I was a little bit full with the small business I started in the past few years and I just recently decided to get into Masters. I need some pieces of advice.

You can choose any MBA school that you like as long as you would be able to pass the application process. HBS, INSEAD, Wharton, etc.

You're right. I guess it really depends on one's preference in choosing the best school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jz4analytics wrote:
heightY wrote:
Kim31 wrote:
How does a school enter the top-ranked list of MBA schools? I am just wondering how they got the title.

What a very good question. Thanks for jz4analytics for the responses.

I found the specific methodologies for US News, The Economist, and Bloomberg BW, which I collected here:

BW is clearly biased and unreliable. US News is better, but I am afraid it favors "prestige" too much. It is a bit self-enforcing. That said, the top ten schools, though in different order, are almost identical between US News and The Economist (US News has Kellogg and no Stern; The Economist has it flipped). That's comforting. But again, you can look at the methodologies and see how they shift the top ten - Tuck, Darden, and Haas move from the bottom half to the top according to The Economist, while Stanford and Wharton move from the top few to the bottom of the 10.

Wow! You capsulized it all in here, that was very astounding! I have been to that post of yours and I am hoping a lot of forum users will join and share their thoughts about it. We cannot just rely on one report nor a single article.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
laGRE wrote:
heightY wrote:
My mind is battling in which MBA school to prefer among various and prestigious excellent universities on the list. Would anyone enlighten me?

Just refer to your GMAT score. If you have a GMAT that is acceptable at the top MBA schools, then choose from the top 3.

How about a GMAT score of 640? I hope I'll have a chance in Chicago.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have read a lot of reviews about MBA Schools and Wharton top it all. If given a chance, I will submit my applications there and give my best shot. Do they require a minimum GMAT score?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there a maximum number of times one can take GMAT? I know that there are limitations but if one is not satisfied after taking it so many times, are there any certain rules?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's been a while before I realize that getting an MBA is quite expensive. I guess a scholarship is very much considerable but not easy to achieve. Anyone here has tried getting one?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I guess getting a good MBA degree means living away from home, too. Finally, I was able to bring myself in the US. Time to start my applications with my desired schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wondering here what's the exact difference of Full time MBA from Executive MBA. Can we discuss some of it, guys?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
hArT wrote:
Wondering here what's the exact difference of Full time MBA from Executive MBA. Can we discuss some of it, guys?

Main difference between FT MBA and Exe MBA is that the later is considered ideal for those (1) who have considerably higher work experience, generally 8+, and (2) who just want to advance in their current field and are not looking for a career switch.

Thanks for this Narenn :). Before, I thought those two are just the same. Some use either of the terms when referring to MBA and that creates a confusion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cCole wrote:
Kim31 wrote:
How about choosing the best school? Can this consulting company assist one in terms of school selection? There are lots of prestigious schools when it comes to MBA courses.

What's your basis in choosing a school? Well, there's a lot of factors that could influence your choice.

Hey cCole, was not able to reply to you on this. I finally have chosen a school.., just somewhere near the area. I transferred here in Oklahoma.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any of you guys have idea on how to get a high GMAT? Most of MBA aspirants deal with this before they enter the world of MBA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SyB wrote:
Any of you guys have idea on how to get a high GMAT? Most of MBA aspirants deal with this before they enter the world of MBA.

I guess getting a good GMAT score is like taking a licensure examination (you'll never know what your score will be). But one thing I know, your verbal and quantitative scores will be the significant factors.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
hArT wrote:

These programs are similar, but are structured very differently in order to provide professionals of different backgrounds with the education they need to advance their careers. MBAs are the more traditional option. Generally spread over two years, they are built for professionals with minimal managerial experience. EMBAs are more fast-paced, and created to provide experienced business executives with real-world tools and information to advance their careers without impacting their busy schedules and work-related responsibilities.
For more info, please visit: https://aringo.com/mba-vs-emba-vs-mim/
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10