Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1920 [2]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618816 [2]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [2]
Given Kudos: 292
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [2]
Given Kudos: 1696
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Simon '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.37
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Kudos
GKomoku wrote:
ccheryn wrote:
Hi bb,

i can see dothraki colour to you also,. having BB in our team, we are coming second,
come on wake up Dothrakis,

Thanks for creating this creative , timely ( at the end of season 8) competition.

really it motivates my kind of personality to sit and solve many questions and revise. thanks really thanks for creating something like this. I joined this competition on 3rd day( july 3rd , yeah accidentally saw this competition only on that day). since then i am studying more hours per day.

All the best in the path to create best education forum in the whole World. As daenerys says, dont stop with just six kingdoms. All the best to rule the world , by setting example to how a education forum has to be.

I envy you to an extent.

thanks
cheryn

ccheryn

Let's do it DOTHRAKI

Dothraki,
Wake up!! We need a push to catch up and lead. GKomoku, we need your active participation too ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 385 [2]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Send PM
Kudos
Prasannathawait wrote:
Will not stop untill we win.... :D
Hahahahaha

But I have to catch up from 28 to 1..long way to go....

mira93 wrote:
Prasannathawait wrote:
Wildings are going wild....
Keep hunting.....

Posted from my mobile device

Nooo, please stop for a moment, we want to catch up xD

If you really want to do that "red thing" above, you have to write more than one sentence in your explanations,
As usual, your answers are correct but as you write only one sentence, they didn't deserve kudos, thus your overall score suffers a lot.
You are not required to write like an expert, moders give kudos freely, just write a bit more
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [2]
Given Kudos: 320
Send PM
Kudos
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 9.39.28 am.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 9.39.28 am.png [ 34.01 KiB | Viewed 1602 times ]

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 9.39.44 am.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 9.39.44 am.png [ 32.9 KiB | Viewed 1595 times ]

there is a lil bit of difference in the daily timer bonuses of 50 points, about 40 bonus * 50 = 200 points difference
difference in correct timers 1321 - 1222 = about 100 suggests more wrong answers. With wrong answers, D's loose higher on explanations
timer bonuses are same for D's so that means they are utilising first 60 mins ..
as it appears, D's are making the same amount of effort, however getting the wrong answers

Good work to all teams so far, keep GOTing :blushing
Ross School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [2]
Given Kudos: 111
Send PM
Kudos
someneha wrote:
bb Bunuel

I am so grateful to you guys for doing this competition.

Posting an explanation has been helping me a lot in my thought process and approach.

Also, I get to realize what topics I am weak at. This is a great benefit. Choice of questions has been great.

For example, I realized yesterday that I need to practice more remainder questions.

I feel that you guys are keeping in mind to post questions covering various topics. So, plenty of different topics are getting covered and while solving, one can figure out, where do I need to put more efforts.

Thank you so so much.

Accumulation of points keeps me motivated and brings me to the platform at 8:30 PM IST sharp to solve questions on time.

Superb initiative. Thank you once again. :thumbup:

Hope to do better in the next couple of weeks!

Hi bb

Just thought of sharing a suggestion based on this.

So, as shown in the attached file, I went to GMAT Club tests section and tried to practice Remainder questions choosing appropriate filters since I struggled with the topic.
(I got access to the tests/quizzes for a week because I subscribed to YT channel)

My suggestion is, can the platform auto-suggest what sort of questions I should immediately practice next since I got a certain type of question wrong?
The categorization of questions has already been fantastically done.

I think this can lead to a positive loop.

In order to practice suggested questions, I would try to participate more on the platform to reach a certain level for tests redemption or I may buy tests/quizzes.

Auto-suggestion of questions may trigger a user to act immediately and help with procrastination. And the concept can be solidified immediately.

I have seen Bunuel posting a few similar questions when being asked in the thread of certain questions.

Just a suggestion. I am sure you must have thought of pros and cons of this. Thought of sharing regardless.
Attachments

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 1.09.17 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 1.09.17 PM.jpg [ 160.23 KiB | Viewed 1812 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [2]
Given Kudos: 368
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Kudos
I am done for today's question.

Because of this game, i logged in daily to do GMAT questions and revised each question which I got wrong. Not only that, for questions which i have concept gaps, i solved couple of those "similar questions" at the end of the page to get myself familiarize with the concepts.
I have begun to see the mistakes i made when i compared my solutions with those of others.

Many thanks moderators for your efforts!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 543 [2]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Kudos
Bunuel wrote:
Vinit1 wrote:
Rohan007 wrote:
Hi bb Bunuel

Can you guys please check the first quant question of 22nd July. I think some of the information given is misleading.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/on-january-1 ... 00781.html

Yes, I agree with this.

Some information seems inconsistent and leads to conflicting answers in my opinion.

It appears that you are right. We'll lock that topic and post 4 quant topics tomorrow instead of 3. Sorry for that guys!

Hi Bunuel,

If it is possible, kindly help us to remove the timing & posting bonus for this question for all.

Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4096 [2]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
bb Bunuel
seeing the as of date ranking its very clear that the avg of top 10 points ranking of Dothrakis is 8596 vs top 10 ranking avg WILDINGS is ~7572 , it shows that Dothraki's have on avg scored more points than Wilding's.

I am not able to co relate how is it that Wilding's have more correct timers but less avg score (top 10) than Dothrakis? one possibility is that rank 11 onwards Dothrakis are low in points vs that of Wilding's....

Also out of all the 4 teams the avg of top 10 rankings points score is highest of Dothraki's but still their rank is 2? is the contest emphasised on clicking more timers or is it about seeing the total points? shouldn't a % calculation of accuracy i.e correct answer/total timers be also evaluated?
Its very clear that out of all the 4 teams Dothraki's pool is definitely the toughest .. :| though I couldn't participate actively last week in the contest and because of that I myself is lagging by a good margin :roll: ...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [2]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
ccheryn wrote:
bb wrote:
It seems crazy but tomorrow (Friday) is the last day we will be posting questions..... Crazy how time flies!

hi bb ,

this game made me disciplined to study for longer hours.

Do extend this without prize rewards or anything..

Even in dreams i got few questions this month. such was the dopamine rush..

really if u r not going to substitute with any other similar games just for fun, then i am going to miss this .

really having great fun playing this and has been enjoying to great extent.

thanks for providing us this great opportunity

Thanks to Bunuel nightblade354 and all other invisible moderators who made this a grand success.

in gmatclub terms, 1000 kudos to all.. thank you people.

For me as well this has brought some discipline. I needed it because i gave my first GMAT on 18th where i ruined everything completely. Before the exam i didn't pay much attention to the questions posted here(thought it might divert my focus) but only after the exam i realized that i missed many things.
Had this not been conducted i might have deep dived in submersion(god knows where) but thanks to bb Bunuel skywalker nightblade354 and others for creating GOT.

I never thought i'll ever get a kudo for my explanation from Bunuel or skywalker but the kudos have boosted my confidence like anything.

Once again thank you bb and moderators for doing such a great work ..!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: MBS '22 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
It was an amazing experience to be a part of the game.
Honestly I was someone who would never post so many explanations or take part in the forum conversations that much, but this competition has somehow changed that and got me more involved.

Thanks a lot bb and all the moderators for this wonderful initiative. It surely helped us to recognize our potential.

And finally I could get my sleep back :lol: :lol: (it starts at 11pm my local time and keeps me up till 2am)

Will miss it though. Good luck everyone!! :thumbup:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Kudos
Same here, I started it just for fun and only just solved the timers and got the bonuses, never bothering to write explanations or get Kudos. Then I also noticed after a week or so that since my team the Wildlings were ahead, but while my rankings were quite far behind I then decided to just help contribute as well to help get the GMAT club tests, although knowing I wouldn't be in the top rankings, by writing more explanations. I moved up from around #50 to #27 now, no chance for any individual prize but at least the GMAT club tests and also it was fun! thank you for GMATclub for arranging these, it prompted me to post explanations which I had not really done before which raised my confidence on attempting these tough questions

Originally posted by Jazpants on 27 Jul 2019, 00:06.
Last edited by Jazpants on 27 Jul 2019, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 151 [2]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kudos
Every word of thank you won't justify the value you guys have added to our preparation. Even though my team is second yet the encouragement I got from each participant and you guys is tremendous.

I had literally cancelled my plans just to be available for this competition at 8:30pm IST.

Posting explanations have helped me in improving thought process and thinking behind each question.

Thank you guys once again for all the efforts you have put in.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1256 [3]
Given Kudos: 402
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
No worries to my fellows White Walkers. Though we are the last now, I wish this group will have the largest number of 99-percentile scorers (760 to 800) in the real GMAT test itself.

Heartiest congratulations to Wildlings as the winning team of GOT 2019.

Kudos to Westerosis who have made an aggressive yet awesome comeback.

Dothrakis is also a great and consistent team.

Well done all and let's rest well
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [2]
Given Kudos: 326
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GRE 1: Q162 V149
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
UdayPratapSingh99 wrote:
Where is Join competition link?

Good Morning!!!! Sorry, but the competition has now ended :) You may still do all the questions that were part of the competition here:

bb wrote:
Competition Questions

July 1

July 2

July 3

July 4 (4 Quant questions today to compensate short answer time for yesterday's quant questions.)

July 5

July 8

July 9

July 10

July 11

July 12

July 15

July 16

July 17

July 18

July 19

July 22

July 23

July 24

July 25

July 26

(You have one hour from the time of posting to earn Bonus GOT Points for the Timer and 24 hours for the Explanations. Note that your explanations will be hidden for 24 hours until the OA is revealed.)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1728 [4]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '18 (D)
GPA: 3.97
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
I have started to miss that 8 o clock questions update notification. I still login at sharp 8:30 pm I.S.T to see this post.

It was not only a learning experience but also an awesome and thrilling experience participating in this competition

Thank you bb, Bunuel and all moderators for making this happen
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [2]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Wow...!! Congratulations to all the winners..!!

Great work bb.
Can't thank more as today my status changed(achieved it :) ). It's because of this game only.

Way to go... :-D :-D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you. I have sent out a PM to every one of the 12 winners. You should have instructions to start redeeming the prizes.
I apologize as the process is VERY manual and requires a personal handling and processing so I appreciate your patience and understanding :-)

I will post 38 more tomorrow for the total of 50 and then the last 50 folks will be posted on Wed!
Thank you!
BB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [2]
Given Kudos: 687
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Good morning! :-)
The Round 2 of 3 of Prizes is being posted! Congratulations!
In this round we are distributing a staggering $13,000+ worth of prizes!!! That's the most we have ever distributed, awarded or provided.... ever :-)
I hope everyone got something that was dear and special to them. Should you find yourself in the position that you no longer need the course or perhaps this is not something you wanted, please let me know and I will award it to someone else.

I will be sending a separate PM with instructions to claim your prizes!

Congratulations LevanKhukhunashvili, Sayon, ccheryn, firas92, ArtyomYom, ancored, Arvind42, aarkay, prashanths, 05divya, Mizar18, baru, gmatenthureturns, snoep, RusskiyLev, Sammysat, kavach, 123deepa, somesh86, globaldesi, nick1816, santorasantu, Verbal33, Vigasimrair, DEEPIKA11, exc4libur, techloverforever, sj24, GKomoku, AvidDreamer09, Archit3110, kapil1, J2S2019, Srijan2609, eakabuah, manish1708, mba2021aspirant, RajatVerma1392!

GOT Prizes Round 2
7LevanKhukhunashviliVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachWildlings
11SayonEMPOWERgmat 3-month Course - $349 eachDothraki
15ccherynVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachDothraki
16firas92Veritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachDothraki
17ArtyomYomVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachWildlings
18ancoredVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachWesterosis
19Arvind42examPAL 2 Premium courses - $489 eachWesterosis
20aarkayVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachWildlings
21prashanthsEMPOWERgmat 3-month Course - $349 eachDothraki
2205divyaTarget Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWhite Walkers
23Mizar18Veritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachDothraki
24baruVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachDothraki
25gmatenthureturnsCrack Verbal GMAT Online Comprehensive Course - $399 eachWildlings
26snoepEMPOWERgmat 3-month Course - $349 eachDothraki
27RusskiyLevVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachWildlings
28SammysatEMPOWERgmat 3-month Course - $349 eachWhite Walkers
29KavachEMPOWERgmat 3-month Course - $349 eachWildlings
30123deepaVeritas Prep on Demand Course - $699 eachWildlings
31somesh86Math Revolution Short-Cut 51 Course - $79 eachWesterosis
32globaldesiCrack Verbal GMAT Online Comprehensive Course - $399 eachWildlings
33nick1816Crack Verbal GMAT Online Comprehensive Course - $399 eachDothraki
34santorasantuTarget Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWhite Walkers
35Verbal33Target Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWildlings
36VigasimrairCrack Verbal How to Study for the GMAT course - $69 eachWhite Walkers
37DEEPIKA11Target Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWesterosis
38exc4liburExperts' Global "Must Have" - $50 eachWhite Walkers
39techloverforeverTarget Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWesterosis
40sj24Target Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWesterosis
41GKomokuMath Revolution Short-Cut 51 Course - $79 eachDothraki
42AvidDreamer09Target Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWesterosis
43archit3110Target Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachDothraki
44kapil1Target Test Prep Dedicated Study Course (4 Month Access) - $299 eachWhite Walkers
45J2S2019Math Revolution Short-Cut 51 Course - $79 eachWildlings
46Srijan2609Experts' Global "Must Have" - $50 eachWildlings
47eakabuahMath Revolution Short-Cut 51 Course - $79 eachWildlings
48manish1708Math Revolution Short-Cut 51 Course - $79 eachWildlings
49mba2021aspirantExperts' Global "Must Have" - $50 eachDothraki
50RajatVerma1392Math Revolution Short-Cut 51 Course - $79 eachDothraki

Thank you so much, BB and Team Gmat Club!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25