GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 24 May 2018, 12:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gas hydrates, chemical compounds of water and natural gas,

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP
D
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Gas hydrates, chemical compounds of water and natural gas, [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 11:36
Gas hydrates, chemical compounds of water and natural gas, are increasingly being studied for their potential to be huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and significant contributors to global warming.

A.to be huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and -list is not parallel
B.to be huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and even as -list is not parallel
C.as huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and -list is not parallel
D.as huge reservoirs of energy, and the possible cause of sea floor instability, -list is not parallel
E.as huge reservoirs of energy, as possible causes of sea floor instability, and even as -Correct

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Manager
Manager
B
Schools: EDHEC (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: General Management (Human Resources)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 08:47
IMO E makes more sense than A but changes the intended meaning of the sentence.
In A it seems that the fact that they are huge reservoirs of energy causes the oceans instability while in E it seems that they cause this instability alone.
This is why I chose A, even if E makes more sense to me regarding the parallelism.
Is my reasoning so flawed?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 460 Q32 V22

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2018, 01:53
jho1 wrote:
Gas hydrates, chemical compounds of water and natural gas, are increasingly being studied for their potential to be huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and significant contributors to global warming.

A.to be huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and
B.to be huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and even as
C.as huge reservoirs of energy, possibly causing sea floor instability, and
D.as huge reservoirs of energy, and the possible cause of sea floor instability,
E.as huge reservoirs of energy, as possible causes of sea floor instability, and even as

The correct answer here should be E. "As + clause.." parallelism. Gas hydrates is being studied for 3 different purposes. 1. as huge reservoirs of Energy, 2. As possible cause of sea floor instability and 3. as significant contributors to global warming.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 08:03
Though E seems to be the best among lot, doesn't ëven as change the meaning?
Re: Gas hydrates, chemical compounds of water and natural gas,   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2018, 08:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 44 posts ] 

Gas hydrates, chemical compounds of water and natural gas,

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap