Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9244 [1]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: General question regarding parenthesis. [#permalink]
Thanks for the great help both!

Based on your information I can apply and understand the rules for this question. I have a lot of problems with recognizing a question and apply the right rule to it. But I believe that a lot of practice will get me to the right spot.

EMPOWERgmatRichC
How long have you been studying?
I have been studying for like 2/3 months (with the last month hardcore) but I primarily focussed on verbal until now.

What resources have you been using?
The website gmatcursus.nl. It is a website where you have 15 chapters with video lessons for both Quantative and Verbal, a random test generator
What is your goal score?
My goal score is 680-700

When are you planning to take the GMAT?
I want to take the test around the 3th of June so if I fail the first time I can retry it around 3 more times before school starts.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi MarcvR,

Have you taken any FULL-LENGTH practice CATs yet? If so, then what were your scores (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Based on what you've described, you might not have given yourself enough time to score at the desired level by June 3rd. I would never have you 'rush in' to take the GMAT if you didn't feel ready. By your own admission, if you have the room in your calendar to take the GMAT multiple times, then you could push back this Test Date, study some more and save some money.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rich,

I took one CAT-test so far but it did not include the AWA section. I scored 540 on the first try with 4 out of 12 IR, 21 out of 37 Q and 25 out of 41 V. The scores: 3 IR, 33Q and 31V. I have no idea why I scored higher on quantative by the way..

Maybe you are right and I should push it back a week or two. First I am going to complete all my quantative lessons and read all about the AWA on this forum. Then I am going to take all the CAT-test (3) that I have left. Then I am going to take the first real G-mat where I hope to score atleast 600. If I still have a few weeks before school starts I will consider to study more and get a higher score.

But let's first try to get control of the quantative section!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi MarcvR,

When it comes to properly preparing to face the Official GMAT, there is NO substitute for taking FULL-LENGTH CATs in a realistic and test-like fashion. When you take your next CAT, you MUST take the FULL CAT in one sitting in a way that matches Test Day in as many details as you can reasonably control.

Endurance and fatigue issues are aspects of the the GMAT that some Test Takers do not properly prepare for. Then, on Test Day, they aren't ready to face those issues and get 'killed.' The GMAT is a remarkably consistent and predictable Exam, so you CAN make your practice match. By putting in the extra effort and training now, you'll find Test Day to be easier to deal with.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rich,

Thanks again for the advice! The CAT-test that I have access to right now doesn't include the AWA.
When I have the feeling I practiced enough, I will find and take a full CAT-test to see how I perform.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi MarcvR,

Taking FULL-LENGTH CATs is an essential part of the training process. There are things that you can learn ONLY by taking FULL CATs under realistic and test-like conditions (things that you will need to work on to improve).

I highly recommend that you take a FULL CAT soon (you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com). Those score results are the only way to know if you're truly ready to take the GMAT on June 3rd.

Rich
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 821 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92914 posts