Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Re: General tips on improving SC? [#permalink]
Kudos
Thank you! I ended up receiving 750 :)
Really happy with my score!

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Sentence Correction (EA only) Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
maybe your foundation isn't up to par

go to your bookstore and grab the powerscore sc and study the foundation of grammar portion of the book
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DAYNE wrote:
maybe your foundation isn't up to par

go to your bookstore and grab the powerscore sc and study the foundation of grammar portion of the book

Thank you. I'll try that. I did read about the theory behind the 9 main types of qs from the various books, but I guess I just have a hard time applying them when it comes to solving a problem. I usually resort to intuition and what "sounds" right.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for both of your help. I just did a practice test from Manhattan GMAT and found myself blanking out on the Verbal portion. I had to read passages 5 or 6 times before I even had a vague understanding of what's going on. I'm guessing this is probably due to fatigue from the AWA and Math. Does anyone experience something similar?

Are there any strategies to mitigate this? Does eating a snack/splashing water on face help?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Well this seems like you have problems with reading and understanding the topic. This is a problem you cannot overcome overnight. From my personal experience, this problems occurs when your mind think many things while reading. Either you start thinking about something else, any sort of problem or happy movement in life, which your mind try to link with the passage you are reading (even one second of diversion from topic takes everything out of the short memory) or you try to read fast and try to skim the passage (read slow even if it takes double the time, it still save time then reading 5 or 6 times)
This needs some serious reading practice. My suggestion at this time when you have few days for the exam. Give rest to your mind and when you read any question, forget everything in this world and just involve yourself in reading that. I am sure this will help you little bit at this moment, and if you feel eating snacks or splashing water helps you the then dont forget to carry a bottle of water and a towel with you in exam :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks! I ended up doing more practice questions and I'm getting much better at them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Best of luck for your TEST.... :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts