Join us for MBA Spotlight – The Top 20 MBA Fair      Schedule of Events | Register
GMAT Club

It is currently 06 Jun 2020, 20:17

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Skype Interviewed on: Apr 08 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"I applied on March 29 and got the interview invitation on April 5. My interview was conducted on April 8. The interviewer was Prof. Tobias Dauth. We had a brief conversation on Open Day so we skipped all the introductory part and went straight into questions like: Why Germany? Why HHL? What’s your goal? So basically it’s my self-introduction. Then we moved into industry-related questions: How do you see the insurance industry? If you were a board member of an insurance company, what would you do to promote innovation? I gave my view and he also asked some follow-up questions in between my responses. My impression of those questions are more like him trying to understand my thoughts rather than testing how up-to-date I am about the industry or how much I know about the industry in great depth. The overall atmosphere was relaxed. There wasn’t any tricky/challenging questions. At the end of the interview, he mentioned that the result would usually come in 5-14 days."

jmailreg GMAT 640; Insurance
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Apr 07 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"I got an interview invite on 3rd April. And my interview was scheduled for 7th April with Vivek Velamuri sir. He was very friendly and asked basic questions- Whats your story, Why HHL, I want to start my enterprise so he asked if i had any idea in mind, Why Germany and that’s about it. At the end, he told me that he really liked my profile so he will give me the admission and also told me the scholarship amount. And that I will get the official admission letter in a week. Vivek sir started the interview on a very casual note. So we sort of discussed where all he had lived in India etc.. after that he asked me about my story ie in other words tell me about yourself. (which we all prepare), he didn’t ask me why MBA because he could deduct the need for it from my past experience and my long-term goal. Then he asked me why HHL Leipzig (again prepared answer) and then why Germany in particular ( so here i told him about Germany being in the driver seat of innovation propelled by academic powerhouses and so learning here will allow me to be more visionary and innovative- qualities essential in the future) and then mentioned my short-term goal of staying in Germany/ Europe for a couple of years. He mentioned that he had already gone through my documents in detail. And he liked the work I had done with the NGOs and also, the fact that I had cleared the UPSC Civil services exam prelims twice while working in my father’s business."

Shrinkhla21 from India GMAT 630;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 07 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Skype Interview with WHU Admission Managers (this page doesn't have WHU program to choose), it is Full time MBA September 2020 entry application for WHU. Time: 1 hour Questions: 1) Go through your experience and why you want to do MBA? 2) What do you want to learn in the program? 3) What can you contribute to the program? 4) A lot of questions about professional experience, like how to deal with difficult situation, etc. Like normal job interview 5) Around 10-15 mins for Q&A for candiate 6) will have result in 10 days, but if you need result more urgently since you have other school result, then you can let us know, we will try to accelerate."

thomasedzhang from Canada GMAT 640; WE: 60 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 14 2018 [#permalink] HHL Leipzig
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 07 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my HHL interview today with Prof. Vivek Velamuri. The questions were all generic: Why MBA Why HHL Why Germany Career goals With a 720 GMAT you can get many top-ranked schools, then why HHL? I see from your PDF score report that you applied to these 5 colleges, HHL doesn't compare to them, why are you applying to HHL now? How will you fund your MBA? In the end my interviewer told that he will send the positive recommendation to AdCom. He also told that the final scholarship decision will be made by AdCom. However, he opined that my profile (score, experience, etc) will get around 5%-10%."

gauravs2 from India GMAT 720; Commercial Banking

yes
no