Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [19]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
WE:Information Technology (Human Resources)
Send PM
Re: Get a Free Profile Evaluation by a Top Admissions Consultant [#permalink]
Just gave my exam yesterday and got 600.
Not shocked as I was getting scores between 580 and 620 in MGMAT and GMATPrep tests.
Last GMATprep i got 670 Q50 V31.

My Experience of GMAT:
I felt that Quant was really easy and similar to GMATPrep. But verbal was tougher than GMATPrep and MGMAT tests.
SC was tricky, CR was the toughest and RC was medium. Just 1 RC was hard, rest 3 were medium.

Although I am planning to retake it in 2 months and apply in R2, but please let me know which schools are mod, ambi, etc. and other than these schools if there is any school which suits my profile and GMAT score.Below is my profile snapshot:

10th: 78%
12th: 85%
B.Tech. : 69%
5.5 years of work exp in IT company(Ranked as 14th in Fortune 500 companies list), headquartered in US.
Male Indian IT Guy
Not associated with any NGO though i run my own website for health awareness and cancer prevention and promote it through facebook.
I used to run my own website and I am an ethical Hacker and used to run my own website for ethical hacking but its closed now. not sure if it will help me or not.
My Target schools are Schulich, University of Illinois Urbana Champaghne, Carlson, Fordham, UIC and Depaul.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
vaggar4 wrote:
Not shocked as I was getting scores between 580 and 620 in MGMAT and GMATPrep tests.

My Experience of GMAT:
I felt that Quant was really easy and similar to GMATPrep. But verbal was tougher than GMATPrep and MGMAT tests.
SC was tricky, CR was the toughest and RC was medium. Just 1 RC was hard, rest 3 were medium.

Although I am planning to retake it in 2 months and apply in R2, but please let me know which schools are mod, ambi, etc. and other than these schools if there is any school which suits my profile and GMAT score.Below is my profile snapshot:

5.5 years of work exp in IT company(Ranked as 14th in Fortune 500 companies list), headquartered in US.
Male Indian IT Guy
Not associated with any NGO though i run my own website for health awareness and cancer prevention and promote it through facebook.
I used to run my own website and I am an ethical Hacker and used to run my own website for ethical hacking but its closed now. not sure if it will help me or not.
My Target schools are Schulich, University of Illinois Urbana Champaghne, Carlson, Fordham, UIC and Depaul.

Thanks.

Hi There,

You have a decent profile overall, save for the lower that average GMAT score. Have you re-taken the exam? I hope you have been/will be successful in pushing up your score by 60-80 points at least. What are your post MBA goals? Could you also describe in detail your job responsibilities? I will be happy to suggest alternate choices.

Take Care,

your choice of schools is quite realistic.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
WE:Information Technology (Human Resources)
Send PM
MansieDewan wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:

My Experience of GMAT:

Male Indian IT Guy

Thanks.

Hi There,

You have a decent profile overall, save for the lower that average GMAT score. Have you re-taken the exam? I hope you have been/will be successful in pushing up your score by 60-80 points at least. What are your post MBA goals? Could you also describe in detail your job responsibilities? I will be happy to suggest alternate choices.

Take Care,

Thanks Mansi.
I retook the exam and got a poor 560 this time. Wont be taking GMAT again. My post MBA goal is to work as a Senior Consultant in IT firms.
Currently, I am working as a Senior IT Quality Analyst. My responsbilities include analysing business requirements, mapping them into test cases and presenting walkthroughs to the stakeholders.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
vaggar4 wrote:
MansieDewan wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:

My Experience of GMAT:

Male Indian IT Guy

Thanks.

Hi There,

Take Care,

Thanks Mansi.
I retook the exam and got a poor 560 this time. Wont be taking GMAT again. My post MBA goal is to work as a Senior Consultant in IT firms.
Currently, I am working as a Senior IT Quality Analyst. My responsbilities include analysing business requirements, mapping them into test cases and presenting walkthroughs to the stakeholders.

Thats tough! Do you want to go ahead to submit a few applications anyway?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
GMAT:
Overall – 710 | Quant – 49 | Verbal – 38 | AWA – 4 | IR – 6

Academic:
a. 10th – 84.6%
b. 12th – 78.33%
c. Graduation – 70.8%(Computer Science & Engineering)

Work Experience:

3 years 6 months(by the end of March 2015) in Infosys Limited as a Systems Engineer.

Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Facilitator, educator and trainer for the Learning & Development (L&D) team in leadership, behavioral and communication skills domain.
2. Role of a consultant(without the official designation) for various production units - Gather requirements, design/customize courses and deliver them.
3. Learning mentor for 1800 people.
4. Batch manager of L&D for all training batches comprising of about 10,000 new recruits.
5. Presiding over Club Elate, an L&D initiative to nurture leadership skills amongst new recruits.
6. Designing and modifying various course contents.
7. Designing and modifying assessments.
8. Been working with global clients directly from a very early stage of my career.

Achievements:
1. Won the award of 'Best Educator for Foundation Program (training program for new recruits)'in 2014.
2. Trained over 20000 trainees in 200+ training sessions with an average feedback of 4.4/5
3. Doubled the number of participants and improved the overall quality of operations after taking the control of Club Elate.
4. Have received laudable feedback from the clients in the role of a consultant.
5. Built a tool which automated the project submission process for the training batches.

6. Part of the Design Thinking team. I am one of the initial set of employees who are trained to facilitate sessions in Design Thinking. Apart from delivering the sessions, I have made major contributions to redesigning the Design Thinking session. Design Thinking is the biggest initiative in Infosys right now, Our current CEO initiated this initiative and advocates it frequently.

Educational Achievements:
1. Certificate of Distinction in Mathematics International Assessment of Indian Schools.
2. Certificate of Credit in Science in International Assessment of Indian Schools.
3. Certificate of Excellence awarded by Robosapiens for the performance in industrial training cum internship program which earned me a grade of A+ for programming a robot whose movements could be controlled, which can monitor air cooling machines and can take pictures.

Extra Curricular:
1. President, Co-founder and English Teaching volunteer for Make a Difference-Mysore, a platform which engages the youth in empowering underprivileged kids by various interventions. Led a team of 30+ volunteers and 5 vertical heads in conducting two projects and stabilizing the chapter.
2. VP-Public Relations for Infosys Toastmasters. I have received the Competent Communicator award and the Competent Leader award. Trained all the other Public Relations fellows from other clubs in the city for Toastmasters International. Conducted a club level competition which was witness by around 400 people(This number is a record in the history of the club since its incubation which happened 5 years back).
3. Astronomy - I have received a certificate of Merit for my essay on 'Black Holes, White Holes and Worm Holes' which was chosen for an honorable mention in a national level competition on 'Breakthrough Invention of 21st Century Physics'. At my workplace, I have designed and delivered a Development Centre wide talk on astronomy.
4. I was certified at a very early age in 4 levels of painting - Pararambhik Part-I, Pararambhik Part-I, 1st year and 2nd year. In later point of life, this foundation provided a creative outlet to my desire to create abstract designs which I now express in the form of body art or in the form of art on paper. I have made more than 600 designs so far.
5. I have been the Master of Ceremony for spectacular events at workplace - which were attended by more than 1000 people.
6. Also, I am an amateur illusionist. I can show some mind blogging tricks which can trigger the reaction – ‘What the hell just happened’.

My life's story and my choice of an MBA:

My dark skin tone and my obesity have been the objects of ridicule and pity for the society. I have lived in the zone of low self esteem for a very long time. After a long period struggle, I have managed to come out of it by mentoring myself and going through a process of exploration and conscious actions.
After my transformation, I decided to reach out to people who are in the same situation as I was. I had already picked up a gamut of skills to employ in my quest. I was chosen to be trained as a counselor by my organization so that I can counsel the employees if they need a support of that nature. I have also been trained as a coach by Make a Difference to manage my team better while working as a President.
I combined the skills that I picked up as a counselor and a coach and combined them with my life's learning into creating a tool which I use while reaching out to people. I have used the tool in the following ways:

1. I have mentored, coached and counseled kids at orphanages while working for Make a Difference, connected with them and enabled them to aspire a compelling future for themselves. I have used the same tools to keep the team at Make a Difference together, motivated and engaged.
2. At Toastmasters, I have mentored members, including the club president, to overcome barriers and challenges in Public Speaking.
3. In my day to day job as a facilitator, I have mentored various trainees in overcoming challenges which inhibits their potential.
4. I have finished writing a book based on the tool which I created. I am looking forward to publish it by the end of December or January.
5. I run a website where people seeking mentorship to overcome any challenge in life can seek my assistance for not cost at all.

--- I have mentored more than 1000 people via all these channels.

My mission is to create an organization which will provide the service of mentors to anyone and everyone across the globe who needs to overcome any challenge in life or career at minimal expense via telephone, via web or in person. I have gathered enough expertise in mentoring people and also in managing initiatives, teams and administrations. I want to leverage this expertise into creating the enterprise which I dream to. I believe an MBA program will help me to attain my goal.

I'm a little confused about where to apply and where will I have a good chance!

Can you suggest colleges from the FT top 20 and from the below list at which I'll have a good chance?

1. Harvard
2. University of Hong Kong
3. IE
4. IESE
5. HEC Paris
6. Mannheim
7. Cambridge
8. Cornell
9. Goizueta
10. ESADE
11. Duke
12. Tepper
13. Ceibs
14. Anderson
15. Georgetown
16. Darden
17. McCombs

Thank you for your time and kindness. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi

I have appeared for a GMAT my score is 680.I am planning to appear in GMAT again in feb this year

Beside this I have an average profile :

10th = 82.8
12th = 77
B.E. (computer science) = 68.28

4 years of work experience in TCS/Accenture

Roles & responsibility :

analysis of requirement of clients .
developing modules
bug fixing
CR estimation
performance tuning
Basically worked as a java developer

extra co-curricular :

presented paper in Technical festival of various colleges
won debate competition at college level technical fest
won extempore competition at college level
was part of organising comittee for our technical festival

sports :

Represented District level team in cricket tournament during school days.

Could you please help me out in selection of b-schools ?

Is my profile suitable for schools like ISB hyderabad or Do I need to add up Some more IT experience ?

Do I need to widen my profile in order to get shortlisted like getting an Experince from NGO or something other than IT ?

Could you please let me know how can I get a scholarship because it is very important for me?

my preference for b-school could be ISB hyderabad or IIM if no scholarship is provided.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Profile Eval MBA 2015 - India, Female, Consulting, Pianist, CFA Lvl 2

Hello!

I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of my profile for Duke, Yale, Tuck, Cornell and Columbia?

ACADEMICS:
-I'm a 26 year old female from India.
-GMAT - 710/92% (V: 40/91% | Q: 48/74% | AWA: 6/92% | IR: 2/12%)
-Computer Engineering degree from a State University 69% (we don't have a GPA system, but it comes to 3.5, top 10% of class)

WORK EXPERIENCE:
-Senior Consultant with a niche management consulting company (HQ in US, ~500 employees) leading a team of 17 across India, Romania and the US (2 promotions in 4 years, very quick growth, youngest Senior Consultant in the company), total work experience of 4 years.
-Managing Incentive Compensation / Sales Performance Management project of a large Fortune 10 conglomerate across 70 countries, total portfolio of USD 20 MM, manage daily operations of 15 verticals across Energy, Oil & Gas, Appliances & Transportation.
-The India manager resigned and I am working towards the Project Manager role
-Successfully led the Incentive Compensation plans of 6 global Verticals of the company
-Trained, built India/Romania team from 5 to 15 in 18 months resulting in higher task turnaround time
-Conduct regular sessions with senior sales directors across the globe to effectively engage them in the Sales Compensation and Performance process for the client.
-Mentor 5 Associates/Consultants, responsible for their professional growth, promotions, annual reviews/appraisals
-Recruiting and Staffing, taking interviews for Associate/Consultant positions
-Strong client recommendations

PERSONAL:
-Cleared CFA Level I, June 2015 Level II Candidate,
-Classical Pianist (training for the last 18 years, preparing for Licentiate of Trinity College of Music, London's Diploma in Solo Piano; cleared Trinity's Grade examinations from 2-8 as well as Advanced Certificate in Solo Piano in 2010)
-Take piano lessons for children at no charge.

POST MBA GOALS:
-Continue in the Consulting domain but develop a broader understanding of different consulting industries.
-Want to solve bigger, challenging socio-economic problems

Thank you very much for your time in advance! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am applying to MSF programs, so far I have applied to MIT, Simon (Rochester) and University of Illinois Urbana Champaign.

Here is a summary about my background:

GRE: 156 Quant and 151 Verbal
GPA: 3.41
BA Economics University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
Work experience: 15 months as a financial consultant at Deloitte

I will be an international student from Ecuador. Any advice?

Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

Just want to thank you all in advance for evaluating my profile - looking forward to hearing anyone's and everyone's perspective.

- 25-29 year old male in Toronto
- BComm. with finance specialization from a non-target Ontario university; crappy GPA because I didn't take school seriously (I know I'm an idiot for doing that); CGPA is 2.19, last 2 years is 2.26, and final year is 2.64
- Worked my butt off for the next 5 years of my life; accumulating work experience as described in the next bullet
- 5 years total work experience; including 3 years as an investment banking analyst at a Toronto boutique shop and 2 years working in the corporate strategy group at a large north american real estate private equity firm
- Have not attempted the GMAT yet, but would be open to suggestions on how high I need to score based on my crappy GPA and work experience

Looking to apply to Ivey, Schulich, Rotman, Queen's...

Happy to provide more info if needed! Thanks again!
Expartus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
mariacaperica wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am applying to MSF programs, so far I have applied to MIT, Simon (Rochester) and University of Illinois Urbana Champaign.

Here is a summary about my background:

GRE: 156 Quant and 151 Verbal
GPA: 3.41
BA Economics University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
Work experience: 15 months as a financial consultant at Deloitte

I will be an international student from Ecuador. Any advice?

Thanks!!

Hi Maria,

Wanted to respond to your question. I'm a former HBS adcom member and former director of admissions at Carnegie Mellon University.

MSF programs admit students with little to no work experience so the fact that you have 15mths at a solid firm like Deloitte is a plus. GPA is ok, good school. GRE could be higher for MIT but you could get away with it for your alma mater and Rochester. Your international background is also a plus since you will bring a diverse perspective as an international student.

All the best!

Chioma
Expartus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
freshnoodles wrote:
Hi All,

Just want to thank you all in advance for evaluating my profile - looking forward to hearing anyone's and everyone's perspective.

- 25-29 year old male in Toronto
- BComm. with finance specialization from a non-target Ontario university; crappy GPA because I didn't take school seriously (I know I'm an idiot for doing that); CGPA is 2.19, last 2 years is 2.26, and final year is 2.64
- Worked my butt off for the next 5 years of my life; accumulating work experience as described in the next bullet
- 5 years total work experience; including 3 years as an investment banking analyst at a Toronto boutique shop and 2 years working in the corporate strategy group at a large north american real estate private equity firm
- Have not attempted the GMAT yet, but would be open to suggestions on how high I need to score based on my crappy GPA and work experience

Looking to apply to Ivey, Schulich, Rotman, Queen's...

Happy to provide more info if needed! Thanks again!

Hello Freshnoodles,

First good for you for owning up to your mistake! Adcom people hate to hear excuses from applicants about why their grades were low. Not hiding behind any trite excuses and owning up to the fact that you were not as mature in college and that you didn't take it as serious at the time is a good start. You can't change the grades from college. It sounds like you have grown from the experience and gone on to achieve a successful career through hard work. You will definitely need to address this somewhere in the application and will need to give the adcom a real reason to believe you that you are capable of handling the academic rigor of their program. So yes the GMAT will be VERY IMPORTANT. Aim for scores above a 740 if you can. The higher the better. Great scores don't automatically erase an entire university spotty transcript but it's a good data point when it comes to reassuring the adcom that you have the capability. The recs and your essays will have to do the rest in assuring them of your maturity. If you have time to squeeze in a class or two in quant area and earn As in them that can help too.

Wishing you all the best!

Chioma Isiadinso,
Co-founder EXPARTUS and Former HBS admissions board member
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Profile Evaluation --- MBA 2016 - India, Male, IT Consulting

Hi

I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of my profile for Insead and LBS?

I'm a 34 year old male from India.

ACADEMICS
GMAT - 710/92% (V: 50/88% | Q: 36/81% | IR: 7/81% | AWA: awaiting)

Computer Engineering degree from India - 78%
MBA degree from India CGPA – 8/10

WORK EXPERIENCE:
Total experience 9.5 years

Free Lancing now from the last 2.5 years.
Earlier –Principal Consultant in a IT firm for one year

Executed enterprise projects in SCM area across geographies – Mexico, USA, Hungary, India, UK. Now settled in UK from the last 3.5 years.

Have worked in various projects across industries such as Steel Industry, FMCG, Hi-tech manufacturing, Telecom OEM manufacturers.

Designed the order to cash flow and the intercompany transaction flow along with transfer pricing for the global business which clocks more than a billion $ of sales each year and has different sales channels and material flow.

Executed multiple projects that deal with the implementation of WMS systems to mirror complex warehouse flows.

Managed a team of 6 onsite members plus 20 offshore team members in my past projects. In addition to the project was responsible for their goal setting, promotions, annual reviews/appraisals

Contributed in various Pre-sales activities and sales activities. Also accompanied the sales team in various sales pitches.

Strong Client Recommendations

POST MBA GOALS:
Want to move into strategic consulting in the SCM domain where I have been heavily involved in the last 9 years of my working life.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
123Avi wrote:
Profile Evaluation --- MBA 2016 - India, Male, IT Consulting

Hi

I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of my profile for Insead and LBS?

I'm a 34 year old male from India.

ACADEMICS
GMAT - 710/92% (V: 50/88% | Q: 36/81% | IR: 7/81% | AWA: awaiting)

Computer Engineering degree from India - 78%
MBA degree from India CGPA – 8/10

WORK EXPERIENCE:
Total experience 9.5 years

Free Lancing now from the last 2.5 years.
Earlier –Principal Consultant in a IT firm for one year

Executed enterprise projects in SCM area across geographies – Mexico, USA, Hungary, India, UK. Now settled in UK from the last 3.5 years.

Have worked in various projects across industries such as Steel Industry, FMCG, Hi-tech manufacturing, Telecom OEM manufacturers.

Designed the order to cash flow and the intercompany transaction flow along with transfer pricing for the global business which clocks more than a billion $ of sales each year and has different sales channels and material flow.

Executed multiple projects that deal with the implementation of WMS systems to mirror complex warehouse flows.

Managed a team of 6 onsite members plus 20 offshore team members in my past projects. In addition to the project was responsible for their goal setting, promotions, annual reviews/appraisals

Contributed in various Pre-sales activities and sales activities. Also accompanied the sales team in various sales pitches.

Strong Client Recommendations

POST MBA GOALS:
Want to move into strategic consulting in the SCM domain where I have been heavily involved in the last 9 years of my working life.

Please help with some suggestions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Profile Evaluation --- MBA 2016 - India, Male

Hi

I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of my profile for ISB, NUS-Singapore , nanyang singapore and Great lakes ,chennai .

Hi

I have appeared for a GMAT my score is 670.I am planning to appear in GMAT again in April this year

10th = 67.80
12th = 56.20
B.E. (computer science) = 67.80

3 years of work experience in US top three Healthcare company

Roles & responsibility :

Analysis of requirement of clients .
Bug fixing
Been working with global clients directly from a very early stage of my career and have regular interactions (France and German Clients as working in France and both German projects)
performance tuning.
I have mentored one associate.
Basically worked as a Test Analyst .

extra co-curricular :

1-Played Cricket at national level twice.
2-Played Footaball at State level and was the captain of School team.
3-I have organised National level Fest in College .
4-I am an active Volunteer of Art of living and have even Coordinated few courses.(NGO work)
5-I have done event management during college time ( was own firm and got dissolved due to some financial reasons)

Is my profile suitable for schools i am aiming for ?

I want to Do MBA this year , i have some personal issue (both family and financial) due to which i cant wait for another year .
Could you please suggest me good B-school where i can get sure good placements with no job seeking activity. I am looking for 12-15 months program .
And please suggest me any activity which can help me improve my profile .

Your little time could be a big help for my career .

Intern
Intern
Send PM

Hi

I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of my profile for ISB, NUS-Singapore , nanyang singapore and Great lakes ,chennai .

Hi

I have appeared for a GMAT my score is 670.I am planning to appear in GMAT again in April this year

10th = 67.80
12th = 56.20

Roles & responsibility :

Bug fixing
Been working with global clients directly from a very early stage of my career and have regular interactions (France and German Clients as working in France and both German projects)
performance tuning.

extra co-curricular :

4-I am an active Volunteer of Art of living and have even Coordinated few courses.(NGO work)
5-I have done event management during college time ( was own firm and got dissolved due to some financial reasons)

I want to Do MBA this year , i have some personal issue (both family and financial) due to which i cant wait for another year .
Could you please suggest me good B-school where i can get sure good placements with no job seeking activity. I am looking for 12-15 months program .

Intern
Intern
Send PM

Hi

Hi

10th = 67.80
12th = 56.20

Roles & responsibility :

Bug fixing
performance tuning.

extra co-curricular :

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I am from India.
My 10th Standard score:87.8%
My 12th Standard Score:95.16%
I did by B.E in Material Science and Engineering with CGPA:8.46/10.
I am working in power sector for Four Years as a welding engineer in production of thermal boilers (manufacturing) in a central government organisation.
In exhibiting my leadership skills, I have represented pre-national atheletics team as the captain.
And additionally, two years as a pre-national level athlete.
Also, I have got selected as a defence pilot in Indian Airforce clearing the toughest service selection board (SSB).
My GMAT score is 650.

I kindly request you to comment on the above profile for MBA in european and US universities.

Thank you in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2