Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1268 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, I guess there are 2 ways to look at it. Pumping adrenalin = good, but panic = bad

but I see your point.

kidderek wrote:
panicky is good. use that energy for the gmat. and for crying out loud, stop with the awa, it's a waste of time. if you've put in more than 3 hours on awa, that's 2 too many.

focus on the task at hand, and prepare warm up exercises for the day of the test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
My advice...Distribute your energy among three sections wisely. If you get stuck with any question and in 2 min if you don't know how to solve it or dont get any clue, make a guess and move. I would recommend never spend more than 3 min on a question. I think having a 40+ on V and 4 on AWA is much better than having 25 on V and 6 on AWA, so I don't recommend investing much energy on AWA.

And manage break time well. Its crucial to be back at your seat on time. I suffered from that yesterday.

Good Luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
While I agree that AWA is no big deal in terms of overall score, I must say that it's still a good idea to invest several hours in it. AWA are the first section you have on real test, and if you totally screw up - you may get nervous and bomb the whole test. So my advice is - write several AWA essays, just to get used to timing and essay format. Don't agonize over quality, it doesn't matter much, but do some training to feel prepared on G-day.

I was going to skip AWA preparation at all, but during GMATpreps I saw that AWA's giving me a headache, so I decided to write several more essays. I'm very happy with this decision, as on G-day I was very calm and concentrated, and AWA didn't freak me out at all.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
AWA is a cakewalk... I wouldn't worry about it either. Freaking out isn't a good idea, so try to focus on each question individually and don't think about the whole picture/score... just take it one step at a time and of course don't forget to keep up with timing.

good luck today or tomorrow... whenever it is your test!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts