Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Schools: ISB '20 GMBA '20
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22046 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
Schools: ISB '20 GMBA '20
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Gmat 680 : Online Gmat experience [#permalink]
doomedcat wrote:
Team,

Gave Online gmat on 15 August 21, and scored 680 (36V 47Q IR6 Awa 5). It was not a good experience at all :(
My online gmat timing was at 2 pm IST and in excitement, i tried logging in 30 mins before the exam. One point to remember, the portal won't let you in until 15 mins before the allotted slot time. Like me, you will have to watch every second, minute pass by until 15 mins mark is reached and trust me time does slows down in these situation (Time dilation is a realty, this is the proof).

The portal opened with 15 mins to spare. I was made to download and install Go To meeting app, where the actual session recording and proctor communication and supervision happens. Post the greetings, the proctor checked my ID proofs and literally read out the entire rules and regulation of the gmat for which i had to reply "Yes" after every rule. The 360 degree room scan happened smoothly and We were set to launch the secure browser to start the exam. Unfortunately, The secure browser won't work properly (Pro tip: ensure you either stop startup of teamviewer or uninstall all meeting apps). It took about an hour and multiple reboots to make the secure browser work properly. It was difficult to maintain composure, as every ticking minute adds to your anxiety.

Finally, the exam started after an hour and luckily, didn't face any glitches throughout the exam. Got a score of 680 (less than my expectation, but reasonable). Quant was a bit tough (i usually got 48-49 in mocks) , Verbal was a shocker ( i had improved my verbal from 23 to 36)

I am open to share whiteboard and dry erase ultra fine tip pens, if anyone wants them (preferably folks from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai can ping me). The dry erase pens are the ones that take more time to get delivered but are worth it. The only condition is that make sure you score more than 680 :tongue_opt3

You can already assume my writing skills aren't good enough (AWA 5 :cry: ).

Not a complete debrief but just thought of sharing a bit of information....

Thankyou

Can we connect since you're in Mumbai? Can you share you email id? Wanted to have a quick chat . I'm from Navi Mumbai
GMAT Club Bot
Gmat 680 : Online Gmat experience [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts