Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GMAT appt at 8am [#permalink]
Kudos
yes 10am is ideal. You would have just had breakfast and after the test you'll be ready for lunch. :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="mainhoon"]
yes, they often let you take your exam earlier than your time slot if they have some seats that are free.
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
mainhoon wrote:
Has anyone here taken the Kaplan Official test day experience? They claim it is identical to the real thing and if so it should be helpful?
Hi mainhoon,

The Kaplan Official Test Day experience is the most test-like practice exam you can take. This is because you're taking it at an actual Pearson center. That means you will fill out the same forms, use the same locker, write in the same note pads, and type on the same computer that test-takers use on test day. The only difference between it and the real GMAT is that the Experience uses a Kaplan practice test, so it doesn't count.

Hope this helps!
Director
Director
 Q50  V37
Send PM
Part of me tells that 8am is fine, just get it done with that morning, first thing in the day, rather than finicking around and getting confused on last minute concepts :) Of course 8am means I should be there by at least 730am, which means I need to be up by 5am.. OMG.. that is something...

Amazingly the most common timeslot available is 8am, I guess not many takers there! I cant find anything beyond 8am.. It is very hard unless it is a weekday.. and months out..

akaydee wrote:
mainhoon,

I think the best time differs from person to person. Having said that I think you should check when you feel the most alert. Try and find an alternative time slot. There might be one that might open up if somebody decides to defer his/her test.

In general, most people have a dip in concentration levels between 2:30pm - 3:30pm. It's that time of the day when when you need a cup of coffee or some extra sugar in your body. So perhaps that's something you should keep in mind.
Director
Director
 Q50  V37
Send PM
You are right. I can't remember the last time I saw 5AM on the clock. I see a 12pm appointment a month from now.. It does overlap with the attention dippping time, but at least I wont have to worry about lunch and such.. I think 10am or so is ideal...
Director
Director
 Q50  V37
Send PM
Is it also true that even if the appointment is at a certain time, if you showed up earlier, they can start it sooner?
Director
Director
 Q50  V37
Send PM
Has anyone here taken the Kaplan Official test day experience? They claim it is identical to the real thing and if so it should be helpful?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Venture Capital and Startups
Schools:Stanford
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Yes. It is tough to find a 12 pm slot since people schedule appointments several months in advance.

The slot might get available anytime though. I was trying to register for GMAT at 12 noon but all they had left was 8 am which is not when I want to take my exam. However, I got lucky and somebody dropped their test, so I ended up with 12 pm schedule. Try to wait and see if somebody drops a test. Getting a 8am test is not that difficult. You can generally schedule your test 2 weeks in advance. So wait for two weeks and look for spots several times a day. If you don't succeed, then go for 8 am.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Consulting, Strategy
Schools:Booth
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
If I were you I would keep visiting mba.com to schedule your appt. I am in Chicago and was looking at 2 centers. Available times would change every few hours. Some that would disappear would then show back up days later. When I finally found one I wanted I tried to sign up only to realize that I hadn't fully completed my profile and had to wait 48 hours to get it "approved." In the meantime I watched all of the slots for the rest of the month disappear, then a few "bad" times open up, then mba.com down for maintenance almost the whole weekend. Finally, I checked again on Monday and schedule an appt. for this upcoming Saturday at noon, the exact spot I was looking for a couple weeks ago.

In short, keep trying.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
mainhoon wrote:

this should give you an idea of how the test center will look like. I found it in one of the older posts on the site.
download/file.php?id=3756
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
that kaplan test at the actual center is an awesome idea!

You have to take the test when youre at peak mental levels. I think it could be the difference between 50 points.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I always do better in the afternoon. I'm just not ready in the morning.
Director
Director
 Q50  V37
Send PM
So then has anyone taken this exam? Can
People comment on the official experience? How much does it cost?
KapTeacherEli wrote:
mainhoon wrote:
Hi mainhoon,

The Kaplan Official Test Day experience is the most test-like practice exam you can take. This is because you're taking it at an actual Pearson center. That means you will fill out the same forms, use the same locker, write in the same note pads, and type on the same computer that test-takers use on test day. The only difference between it and the real GMAT is that the Experience uses a Kaplan practice test, so it doesn't count.

Hope this helps!

Posted from my mobile device
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
mainhoon wrote:
So then has anyone taken this exam? Can
People comment on the official experience? How much does it cost?
KapTeacherEli wrote:
mainhoon wrote:
Hi mainhoon,

Hope this helps!

Posted from my mobile device
Hi Mainhoon,

A Kaplan test at the Pearson center costs $80--however, with the Kaplan On-Site class, you can take as many of the included CATs as you'd like at the Pearson center at no extra cost.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts