Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am in. Anyone else from the Bay Area ?

GMATT73 wrote:
pelihu wrote:
OK, pencil me in for San Francisco. I will do my best to make the time, since Matt is coming from so far away. I will try to hold back the tears if I am rejected from Duke.

Everything will depend, of course, one whether I must travel for interviews.

Pelihu, your tentative RSVP has been noted. :-D If Ihotseface is also in, that we can start off the critical mass with us three.

Remember, this is a GMAT club party (not an admit party).

Who else? I think U2lovergirl also lives nearby...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm sorry my reply is tentative and I'm not a better host. I've pretty much canceled all social functions until after the decisions are announced. I'm too nervous to have a good time, but I Matt is coming from so far away.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
how about in DC?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
all you darned west coast mafia.

Let's make it in the great city of Hartford. Ok, stop snickering.

NEW YORK CITY. Fantastic city and we can all cheer atop of the empire state.

I really would love to be in a gmatclub get together, it would be awesome. Wherever the place finally is, I'll definitely try to make it. Chicago sounds good to me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm down with meeting - but like others have said not until May/June.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah no partying for me until the decisions.

I don't want to jinx the decisions. Don't be the fool that falls down before the finish line...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPGDFOl1QK8
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
NYC!!! I'm living in Philadelphia, so NYC might be the best place.

Or what's about Philadelphia?? Wharton is there!! My dream is there!!

I love Philly!!!
Attachments

philly.jpg
philly.jpg [ 48.33 KiB | Viewed 1393 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
pelihu wrote:
OK, pencil me in for San Francisco. I will do my best to make the time, since Matt is coming from so far away. I will try to hold back the tears if I am rejected from Duke.

Everything will depend, of course, one whether I must travel for interviews.

Pelihu, your tentative RSVP has been noted. :-D If Ihotseface is also in, that we can start off the critical mass with us three.

Remember, this is a GMAT club party (not an admit party).

Who else? I think U2lovergirl also lives nearby...

Matt give me the exact date first... I will try to make it... Wednesday is not good for sure... Thurs/Friday is more likely. How about Kirkwood if not SF? R u hitting the slopes?

I won't be celebrating anything... just would hang out with GMATClub crowd... :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
count me in for Bay Area party....love to hang out with you guys....
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, if we do it on the 8th or 9th then those of us applying to Duke should have our results in hand. Hopefully there will be something to celebrate. As of this moment I've available either day - pending any potential interviews of course.

I live in the East Bay so I really don't have much preference (I know we're not hanging out around here), so shall we plan to meet in the city? That's probably best, unless everyone prefers the South Bay or something.

I'm going to save the real partying until after the decisions are all out, but if at all possible I will try to meet Matt this time since he is coming from so far away. Hopefully we can get a good group together for a little commiserating if not actual partying.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interviewed in Seattle yesterday and caught a flight over to Salt Lake City shortly afterward. Will be in town for another day before heading over to Chicago and then finally out back to Japan via San Fran.

Are we still on for this Saturday in Chicago guys? Next week in San Fran?
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great. How did your interview go? I should be around for the meet in San Francisco. Will you be here the 9th and 10th? Where will you be staying?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
Great. How did your interview go? I should be around for the meet in San Francisco. Will you be here the 9th and 10th? Where will you be staying?

Don't want to jinx my chances, but I feel that it was a pretty straightforward 90 minute interview (I asked TONS of questions) focused on the fit with the school and short/long term goals. UW is just breaking ground on a $100M new b-school complex that should help it move up the ranks from 29th to 20ish within the next few years.

To a greater extent, Seattle (and neighboring Vancouver) really is a fascinating city jam packed with young (bio) tech gurus who tend to gravitate near the East side -- Bellvue. Had a drink at the "Tap-House" with some Microsoft friends of friends and even caught a glimpse of Bill Gates $40M estate. Paul Allen is across Lake Washington on Mercer Island.

After six days of scoping out the campus, sitting in on classes, networking... I finished up in Husky territory and flew out to SLC for interview #2.

Provo is very small, safe, and immaculately clean community. The facilities are ultra-modern and most professors hail from the top three b-schools. Got another three days here and then I'm off to Chicago until the 7th.

Pelihu, I don't know where I'll be staying in SF yet, but probably someplace near the airport with wireless access. I'm PMing you my cell number now.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
I used to have purple hair. I don't see why it should be problematic.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
How about the beautiful Pacific Northwest?

Different from the usual hustle and bustle of a large city! A nice way to rejuvenate after all the GMAT/Applications before the actual thing!

We can goto the Oregon Coast for some beach party, head to Columbia Gorge for Wind Surfing, then hit the slopes of Mount Hood for Alpine Skiing and finally retire back to Portland to visit the micro-breweries!
Attachments

washingtonpark1.jpg
washingtonpark1.jpg [ 519.41 KiB | Viewed 1296 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am currently in the Bay area (Santa clara to be specific) and would love to meet up with you fellas. Best with be South Bay, if possible, San Fran works.

I can do 8th or 9th, so let me know what the plans are.

Would be great to put a face to all the screen names that i am so used to reading!
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Matt hasn't gotten back to me yet about where he is staying, but I think we had been thinking about the city. Someone coming all the way from Japan should really see San Francisco.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3