Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [3]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Test Error - Multiple Occurrences [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
ethanhunt007 wrote:
bb wrote:
Thank you for the clarification and the link - it seems the issue in the linked discussion is that it is too easy to end the test by mistake and thus not be able to finish it, is that right?

Can you tell me how you end it? Which button do you click?
Currently if you click end test, there is a confirmation that I see - is that not present in your browser/test?

Thank you
BB

No. Actually when I posted that query, I believed that there is an option to end the test when we click on Pause and I have accidentally clicked that. However, upon seeing the snapshot from you, I double checked by starting another test just now (Quant as you can check from my account) and pausing it to check.

Attachment:
Gmatclub.JPG

I clicked on the 'Pause and exit' the last time and it ended my test. Now, there was no second confirmation (rightly so) for that and I thought it is wrong from GMATCLUB to not provide such an option and hence I gave the feedback that a double confirmation should be included. The same error happened in my Quant test previously as well. Today the test ended despite clicking the 'next' button.

Pause and Exit does not mean end the test. It means Pause the test and exist the test. (The description on the pop up explains the buttons) You are falling into a CR-type of an inference traps by your mind being overly helpful and connecting the dots. GMAC tests that and catches people all the time. Pause and Exit means, you will return to take the test at a later time. It will paused and saved for you - as you can see, you have paused it for a month. I have had another user last week who has paused their test for a year. TO resume your test, you just go to the My Performance Tab to resume it. You can also resume the test from the CATs screen.

I agree with you 100%, except for the fact that instead of going into the page where it should have gone after pausing and exiting, it instead ended my test and gave me my performance review including a score for my performance. To counter your argument the CR style :-D :-D, I couldn't resume my test on September 23rd and hence posted the query. However, I got an option to resume it today to my surprise and continued on it.

Since, there is no way I can go back in time twice, record the clips and put it here, there is no way it can be proven and you'd have to take my word for it and that's that there is a bug in the system.

By the way I enjoyed this discussion. GMAT runs in our veins :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Verbal Test Error - Multiple Occurrences [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you for reporting your issue.

I have looked up your account and it appears it is due to stretching your tests - the test you have finished on October 25th was started on September 23rd. What happens in this case, is that other tests/quizzes may be taken, we may update the question database, and the questions slotted for your test are used up or modified in some ways, and the system does not know how to handle it in those cases. In general, we do not have a good idea/experience yet as to what happens when a test is paused for such a long time. I would suggest trying to finish tests sooner and not having multiple sessions running at the same time as they may have overlapping questions.

Best Regards
BB
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for the clarification and the link - it seems the issue in the linked discussion is that it is too easy to end the test by mistake and thus not be able to finish it, is that right?

Currently if you click end test, there is a confirmation that I see - is that not present in your browser/test?

Thank you
BB
Attachments

confirmation.png
confirmation.png [ 187.96 KiB | Viewed 1446 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Test Error - Multiple Occurrences [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ethanhunt007 wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you
BB

No. Actually when I posted that query, I believed that there is an option to end the test when we click on Pause and I have accidentally clicked that. However, upon seeing the snapshot from you, I double checked by starting another test just now (Quant as you can check from my account) and pausing it to check.

Attachment:
The attachment Gmatclub.JPG is no longer available

I clicked on the 'Pause and exit' the last time and it ended my test. Now, there was no second confirmation (rightly so) for that and I thought it is wrong from GMATCLUB to not provide such an option and hence I gave the feedback that a double confirmation should be included. The same error happened in my Quant test previously as well. Today the test ended despite clicking the 'next' button.

Pause and Exit does not mean end the test. It means Pause the test and exist the test. (The description on the pop up explains the buttons) You are falling into a CR-type of an inference traps by your mind being overly helpful and connecting the dots. GMAC tests that and catches people all the time. Pause and Exit means, you will return to take the test at a later time. It will paused and saved for you - as you can see, you have paused it for a month. I have had another user last week who has paused their test for a year. TO resume your test, you just go to the My Performance Tab to resume it. You can also resume the test from the CATs screen.
Attachments

pause and resume.png
pause and resume.png [ 48.53 KiB | Viewed 1373 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you - please let me know if you get any future interruptions in the tests. I would like to improve the system in case there are any issues.
GMAT Club Bot