GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Jun 2020, 09:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT courses

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT courses  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2004, 12:39
Hi, I just took my GMAT but my score isn't satisfactory, so I'll be writing in the next 2-3 months again. I have two questions, hope someone could help me out.

1. Are Gmat prep companies helpful for teaching the techniques for this sort of exam...ie, are the methods taught just similar to the ones that I could get straight from prep guides on the market? My weakness is on the verbal section, so I'm hoping to improve based on emphasizing on this part of the exam. If these courses are indeed helpful for some ppl (my goal is to pull from a 580 to a 680), which company seem best?

2. Also, after doing the GMAT, is there no way finding out which questions you got wrong? Unlike the LSAT where they gave me the answer sheet and my answers so I could figure out my weaknesses, I only got the score report when I left the test centre. Will they send you a more detailed report later or is the score that you got the only thing you'll get?

Thanks a million.
Intern
Intern
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2004, 15:28
Yeah, I think prep courses are good for strategy, and they do go deeper than what's in the books. The PR class books are different than the ones you can get in the store, and they're supposed to be really good. If you want to go up 100 points a course would be a very good idea. I would do PR because they are very good for verbal especially and the classes are supposed to be small too.

I never thought about getting the answer breakdown after I took my first GMAT...I wonder about that too!
GMAT Club Bot
  [#permalink] 08 Jul 2004, 15:28

GMAT courses

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep