GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 23:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Error Log

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2011, 11:42
Thanks "heel289", +1!

Any way you can save as an Excel 2003 file for those of us whose employers are XP-oriented Luddites?

heel289 wrote:
Here is the macro-enabled workbook format, which includes my modifications to the Awesome Error Log V 3.0 by Saruba, Spoilt, and Trianglock. The modifications include adding in the verbal time tables and graphs plus extra sheets to show verbal and quant subarea accuracy and timing. I hope the original macros stayed in tact, as I can't be sure because I am working on a mac. The macros are just bells and whistles anyway. I would say this should count as Awesome Error Log V 4.0 but I'll leave that up to the original creators to decide.

= = = = = = = = = =

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2011, 12:39
Here you go.
Attachments

Brad's Awesome Error Log V3 Final.xls [2.55 MiB]
Downloaded 87 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2011, 12:43
So awesome. Thank you! :-D

heel289 wrote:
Here you go.

= = = = = = = = = =

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2011, 08:06
Hello guys!

I'd like to start that this forum is awesome. It's very helpful source in the long and not always easy way to succeed in GMAT. ))

Now, about Error logs. I didn't spend a lot of time to choose an Error log among the available files. I thought (and still think) they are all great. But when I try to use the first one (Friendly_error_log) I found that not all statistics there are reasonable. There are some errors in formulas in the Verbal Stats sheet, Question by issue part. There are references to the Quant log sheet. So, it would be great if someone add proper formula and upload the file to this forum.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2011, 09:49
hi...I used the awesome error log for the prep I took yesterday.I have fed in only quant info.But the stats dont show up.Wat's wrong?Attached is tge spreadsheet.Plz refer only the 'quant log' sheet.
Attachments

pREP 4_Awesome_Error_Log_V2.1.xlsm [389.11 KiB]
Downloaded 57 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2011, 12:57
I do always check my errors directly and just mark the question in my material as wrong. After one week, I redo the wrong questions checking if I still get them wrong ...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2011, 04:40
I would really like some help on my post.I spent 2 hours of my precious study time to enter all this data and understand my mistakes.It would all go down the dumps.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2011, 23:11
In most error logs, it is not possible to specify where exactly the question is coming from. For example in the Friendly Error Log, I can mentiont he source, let's say Kaplan, but cannot specify where in Kaplan, which page which number. can someone please help me understand?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2011, 17:31
Hi

I use the first error log - friendly_error_log_v2_by_saruba.xls but when ever I enter details in the spreadsheet it wont give me any graphs.

Please suggest how to resolve it.
Attachments

Log.jpg
Log.jpg [ 221.54 KiB | Viewed 8213 times ]

Log entry.jpg
Log entry.jpg [ 112.69 KiB | Viewed 8213 times ]

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2011, 08:04
Thank you guys for wonderful contribution.

I have a quick question if you don't mind (on the winner error log).

How to change the data validation list on any cell. On the data validation it says =subQ for example. How can I change what is in SubQ?

Thanks,
Raj
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2011, 19:35
I am stoked to see the error log brought to life in true analytic fashion. I've been tracking my errors on paper, but this is another world entirely. Much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Abhi: 9
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2011, 22:20
thanks saruba and spoilt :)
now that i've downloaded the error logs ,i guess i gotta start the hard part - filling them up :P
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Institute (CFA Candiate), Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA Candiate), Chartered Alternative Investments Analysts Association (CAIA Candidate)
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Research (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2011, 09:19
Complete noob here at the moment, just ordered my material (OG, MGMT, GMAT Club Grammar, Kaplan Premier) and putting everything together.

Why do none of the error logs include a place to include the actual question number? I see "source", "answer given" and "OA", but nowhere to record the actual question number. Am I blind?

Otherwise, incredibly useful tool! Will definitely be using one of these.

Please KUDOS generously if you feel I've been of service. :)

Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2011, 08:35
i am using saruba's friendly error log..... how can i add more things into the quant "sub-area" section of the database.

I added beyond the part that's in grey and it doesent show up in the list when i am entering in my errors?

thx

Don't forget to give me ****KUDOS****
;)

Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2011, 01:34
I am using "friendly_error_log_v2_by_saruba.xls". It is really a good tool to keep track of my performance (question practice) in GMAT prep. I inputted data of around 300 questions in it.
Recently, I have come across the "Awesome_Error_Log_V2.1.xls", which actually is capable of quenching my thirst of info needs/data analysis even better.
Now, my issue of dilemma is: Should I keep using the SAME error log (friendly_error_log_v2_by_saruba.xls) that I have been using for last two months and that has some pitfalls (IMO) instead of using the more efficient one OR should I start using the NEW error log (Awesome_Error_Log_V2.1.xls) from now on that has a better way of serving information?

Looking forward to your valuable comments/suggestions/inputs.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2011, 08:30
I love you saruba and spoilt!!!! but, really, thanks for this ;)
Retired Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2011, 11:56
Hi,

I am currently using the MGMAT Archer because I reckon it is easier. I am wondering, whether there is a tool similar to the MGMAT ARCHER?

I like the fact that you just choose your answer from A-E in the OG books and the MGMAT archer will automatically know what topic that question covers.

I tried the error logs here very briefly, and I noticed that it doesn't work the same way. Is there anything like that? I'll need it for my OG-Quant Version1 of the book.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Consortium (S)
GMAT Date: 09-19-2011
WE: Sales (Other)

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2011, 11:59
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to the site but am really impressed.

I just downloaded an error log and while I get the idea I imagine there is a best way to use this in studying. Could someone point me in the direction of a post that elaborates on using the error log effectively or explain?
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, Booth, LBS
WE 1: Operations,
WE 2: IT Consulting, Hi Tech Project Management
WE 3: Baby Sitter
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2011, 15:20
Thanks bb..collection of error logs is certainly very helpful...I'll try to use them while preparing for my GMAT...

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 10-01-2011
WE: Web Development (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2011, 20:34
Hi,

I am trying to use the error log and have entered the data. But somehow stats are not getting generated for me in the error log. Does anyone know what am I supposed to do to get the stats? I am using "Awesome Error log 2.1" on MS Excel 2007.

If I look absent-minded or insane, I am just living a dream of being successful. If you still wonder why I am like this, you have no idea how success tastes like!

Re: GMAT Error Log   [#permalink] 25 Aug 2011, 20:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 235 posts ] 

GMAT Error Log

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR JULY
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap