It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 12:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Error Log

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 51

GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V25
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: GMAT Error Log [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 22:22
Thank you spoilt for the wonderful error log (v3)

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles.
- Buddha

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 51

5 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 33 [5], given: 25

GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.56
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
GMAT Error Log [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2015, 02:09
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Attaching an error log that I made on Google Spreadsheet. With me using different machines at different places (work, home etc.), I thought a Google Doc will help me keep track of all of it in one single place. So, here it is : http://bit.ly/ErrorLog

It's a Google Spreadsheet with View only permission. Please login with your Google accounts and select the option make a copy to have your own copy in Google Drive. The one that I am sharing is not editable.

Quick notes:

1. Use the "Quant Error Log" and "Verbal Error Log" sheets to enter quant and verbal error data. Since these are questions that you got wrong, your answer / OA doesn't make a lot of sense. However, if you think you should have it, feel free to add them.

2. Fields Topic, Difficulty, Reason for failure and Remarks are indexed. ie., if you want to add a new value to it other than what shows up in the combo box, add it in the appropriate column in the sheet "Master Table". I have indexed remarks because often we label questions with standard tags, such as stumped, too long, attempt retry etc. Having an indexed field for the same will make it handy for analytics / filters. For other remarks you can always use remarks 2.

3. Use the Quant insights and verbal insights sheets for quant and verbal dashboard. They show the following:
  • Top reasons for failure
  • Weak topics : Top topics on which you commit mistakes. Will help you understand where you must focus
  • Errors over days : Plots errors made day wise. This may not be an accurate metric if you don't practice uniform number of problems over time, but might help.
  • Errors by difficulty : Share of errors graded by question difficulty. May not be useful if you're adding questions from sources other than gmatclub here.
  • Errors by problem type : Whether you must focus on SC/CR/RC/PS/DS.

4. There is an optional accuracy sheet that you could use. This will require the aggregate of number of problems that you solved each day in quant and verbal. Given this input, and the error data that we already have, the sheet will graph you your daily accuracy rate in Quant and Verbal. Ideally, this should be a positive slope line :-)

You could go one level further and get question details by topic for correct answers as well. But then, I realized that once the task of entering data into error log becomes cumbersome, you stop using it. So, wanted to keep the data entry part as minimal as possible. Even the accuracy part is completely up to individual's preference. But personally, I feel happy realizing that I've solved this many problems today, at the end of the day so thought I might as well keep track of it.

Please try this and let me know your feedback, especially issues.

and yea, press kudos if you liked it! Thanks :-D

Kudos [?]: 33 [5], given: 25

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 136

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 10:25
This post received
KUDOS
do you guys also enter the questions you got correct in the error log? I know doing so makes the error log more comprehensive but takes up more time. I modified the saruba error log in the 'stats' tab to show the error rate by area vs. the accuracy rate by area

I've just been entering the questions i've gotten wrong so could focus on those. I guess the only thing I'm lacking by not entering the correct Qs is being unable to see my accuracy rate....

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 136

Intern
Intern
S

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 194

Schools: Haas '20
GPA: 2.99
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 12:39
I have entered in the correct answers, but I found it to be really time consuming, so I've just been entering incorrect ones now. Not sure if that's good or not. Thoughts?

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 194

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 176

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2016, 07:04
Hi Guys,

These error logs seem really complicated.

Can anyone provide a simple yet effective format.

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 176

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 53

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Transportation)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2016, 03:31
Hello

Do we have a error log for OG 2015 included in it?

Thanks
Alok

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 53

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 127

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2016, 03:35
I am in my last leg of prep and I have made a comprehensive error log using the format posted here(Awesome error log by Spoilt and Trianglock). I need suggestions on how to revise the error log. My issue is that I have not revised it till now and since now I am 2-3 weeks away from my exam, I require tips on what's the best and the most efficient way to revise this.
The error log contains topic wise detailed concepts that I have come across throughout my preparation. So, should I just read through the comments that I have written or should I attempt each and every question that I did wrong. I also plan to take 3-4 full length tests with 2-3 sectional tests during the upcoming weeks until my exam.
Any tips would be duly appreciated.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 06:53
rmadmit wrote:
I am in my last leg of prep and I have made a comprehensive error log using the format posted here(Awesome error log by Spoilt and Trianglock). I need suggestions on how to revise the error log. My issue is that I have not revised it till now and since now I am 2-3 weeks away from my exam, I require tips on what's the best and the most efficient way to revise this.
The error log contains topic wise detailed concepts that I have come across throughout my preparation. So, should I just read through the comments that I have written or should I attempt each and every question that I did wrong. I also plan to take 3-4 full length tests with 2-3 sectional tests during the upcoming weeks until my exam.
Any tips would be duly appreciated.

Would appreciate if people on this forum could respond.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2017, 21:15
For Error Logs by Saruba+Spoilt+Trianglock, what is the "Comb/Perm" selection in the quantitative log sheet?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 89

GMAT Date: 07-30-2015
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 22:07
Hello member's,
How can I add new entry in the database (db)sheet. I tried google but couldn't find an answer. For example, I want to add Difficulty Column and Easy, Medium, Hard in its Row. How to do that ?

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 89

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 22:49
I saw all error logs versions, but why it has to be in excel. The idea is to keep a tab on the errors and work on it. Why not to have it in word format..??

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Error Log   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2017, 22:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   [ 271 posts ] 

GMAT Error Log

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JANUARY
Math Revolution - Free Free Diagnostic Quant Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
examPAL - Free Video Course A complete on-demand GMAT course
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap