Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.53
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT Errors / Glitches? [#permalink]
I had the same issue. It was one of the RC questions (2nd to be precise). I called for assistance and he told me that he cant help me with this. I went to make an educated guess and proceeded forward with my exam. The weird this is my verbal score came out abnormally low (as compared to my practice tests). I am wondering if this glitch messed up something. I emailed the GMAC people and would be waiting a response from them. Man with R2 around the corner, this is a bummer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [1]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Errors / Glitches? [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello Guys and bb

Even I experienced the exact same situation when I gave my GMAT on 7th October 2017. One of the RC questions asked for the meaning of the highlighted text, but there wasn't any text highlighted in the RC. I notified the administrator and he said they will file a report on my behalf

I scored Q49 V36 - 700. Now my only worry is
- If I answered it right then probably it is already counted as a correct answer and my scoring is right
- But if I answered it incorrect and if GMAC re-scores, by any chance will my overall score reduce below 700? I'm just thinking out aloud. Hopefully it shouldn't reduce. Please help!

I have two questions
1. Can anyone help me with my above concern?
2. What do I do next and whom/how should I contact GMAC?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V31
Send PM
penguinman wrote:
I went to take my test this morning and chose verbal as my first section.

I generally felt really prepared for the exam, but as I was working on my second RC passage a question came up referencing a highlighted text. Low and behold there was no highlighted text to be found. I immediately tried to get the attention of the attendant at the test center who then brought over the manager, this process took about 4-5 minutes and I couldn't go ahead and answer since they needed to see it but by this time my timing was all off and I decided to cancel the exam as soon as I realized I couldn't catch back up...

I feel so annoyed and aggravated, but a case has been made on my behalf by the test center attesting that there was indeed something wrong with the exam. I tried to follow up with the GMAC to reschedule the exam, I was hoping for later in the day or tomorrow but they want to do an additional "investigation" and will only be able to give me an answer on Monday. I am pretty distraught after 6 months of studying continuously that this happened - just feel so burnt out. I am taking the rest of the day off and not studying and looking ahead it looks like there are additional test dates open at the end of the month but my motivation is gone to study with the same vigor as I did up to this point.

Has a situation like this happened to anyone else? Just looking for advice on how to proceed.

I had the same situation. I took the exam today and I want a retest. What do I do?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
poorna101 wrote:
penguinman wrote:
I went to take my test this morning and chose verbal as my first section.

I generally felt really prepared for the exam, but as I was working on my second RC passage a question came up referencing a highlighted text. Low and behold there was no highlighted text to be found. I immediately tried to get the attention of the attendant at the test center who then brought over the manager, this process took about 4-5 minutes and I couldn't go ahead and answer since they needed to see it but by this time my timing was all off and I decided to cancel the exam as soon as I realized I couldn't catch back up...

I feel so annoyed and aggravated, but a case has been made on my behalf by the test center attesting that there was indeed something wrong with the exam. I tried to follow up with the GMAC to reschedule the exam, I was hoping for later in the day or tomorrow but they want to do an additional "investigation" and will only be able to give me an answer on Monday. I am pretty distraught after 6 months of studying continuously that this happened - just feel so burnt out. I am taking the rest of the day off and not studying and looking ahead it looks like there are additional test dates open at the end of the month but my motivation is gone to study with the same vigor as I did up to this point.

Has a situation like this happened to anyone else? Just looking for advice on how to proceed.

I had the same situation. I took the exam today and I want a retest. What do I do?

They make you fill the feedback form about the centre,in that you can fill up the details and also please ensure you mail to GMAC today itself. In that case only they will allow a retest if possible. Promptness helps
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM