Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT Experience Posts Template [#permalink]
I was practicing my gmat from last one year and didnt even get a confidance to move on to the final test because I am getting hurdle with verbal part kindly do suggest me something I got max 15 out of 41 in verbal from many test
Intern
Intern
Send PM
how to get scholarship
i m a final year student of engg field india
going to give my first attempt in november .
first preference is in US colleges
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1238 [0]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
adamgilbert037

Quote:
Hi to everyone! Guys, I am a newbie on this forum, so could you please tell me if the posts are specially moderated and deleted on this forum?

Welcome to Gmatclub.

Nope, moderators can edit / delete / move the post on any forums, if found inappropriate.
Any user can report an issue pertaining to specific post by clicking on 'Report a Problem' tab
which is between 'quote' and 'delete'.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Today I gave my official gmat test.It was the most worst exams that I had ever given in my life.I don't know whether I will be able to ever crack the exam.I was preparing for the exam for the past few months.Prepared for more than 6 months.But finally I have failed.I scored 630.My verbal scores were extremely low.Didn't expected so low score.Because I was preparing really hard for the exam.Never expected such a low score.I have loosed all my confidence.I have to built my confidence again and need to do well.Please help me to improve.I got very nervous during the exam.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Srija221

I am sorry to hear that your exam did not go as planned.

My first advice is to get the ESR and request for expert opinion on what went wrong and how to devise further strategy.

You can post your request in this page - https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-gmat-exp ... 6/?fl=menu

Also you can tag the experts for opinion, i am sure you will get very good guidance.

All the very best for your preparation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Asset Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi all
I have been in the GMAT Journey for the past two year and still unable to beat it. I am sharing my experience till now so that I can get all the suggestion required to improve my score to 740.

My Background:
I am working in POWERGRID (India's Central Transmission Utility), a PSU, Navratna Company for the past 8 years looking after Extra High Voltage (220 KV) Substation Operation and Maintenance and Contracts department at my location.

GMAT Journey part 1: I first contemplated about GMAT in September 2016. I gave the GMAT prep Exam 1 in September 2016 and scored 650 (Q48, V31). I was happy and felt that I can definitely achieve score of 740. I started my study using Beat the GMAT 60 Days study plan (used GMAT Prep Now Free Video). Everything was going fine till I encountered Sentence Correction section. I had no clue about it. I got frustrated. I switched to Manhattan SC book (5th edition). Tried my level best to get the idea on how to solve SC question. I gave GMAT prep Exam 1 second time in Mid October 2016 and scored 680 (Q49, V33). Even though my score improved by 30 points, I had no clue while solving SC question but felt confident with CR and RC.
At this point of time (October 2016 end), some family commitments took my mind away from GMAT. I was able to come back to study only in February 2017.I started once again with my preparation following the Beat the GMAT 60 days study plan. This time I realised that even though I felt confident in CR and RC, my accuracy was same for RC and SC and slightly better for CR. I used POWERSCORE CR Bible and felt that I have got hang of things for CR. I gave following free Test from different companies as follows:
Manhattan on 26th July 2017 - 630 (Q46, V31)
Kaplan on 2nd August 2017 - 710 (Q49, V36)
Veritas on 2nd September 2017 -690 (Q49, V34)
I gave GMAT prep exam 2 on 5th September and scored 660 (Q49, V31). I thought that lets give GMAT and see what happens as I was sort of ideas on how to improve my score. I gave GMAT on 17th September 2017 and got 680(Q50, V32).My ESR showed that I was 34 percentile for SC, 60 percentile for RC and around 80 percentile for CR.

GMAT Journey part 2: I then researched for GMAT course for SC and enrolled in e-GMAT SC only course. I started getting hang of things in SC. However, this time I was unable to give regular time to studies as my job took chunk of the time. I was only able to pull things back together by June 2017. I purchase EP 1 and 2. I got 720(Q50, V38) in GMAT prep Exam 3 on 22nd June. But I couldn't take exam before August as I was away on work assignment. I took following prep exam leading upto my scheduled GMAT on 4th August 2018.
Prep Exam 5th on 22nd July 2018 740 (Q49, V40). This time I was confident taking exam.
Everything was going to the plan on the test day. However, tragedy stuck, Internet connectivity at my test centre was hampered with around 6 mins and 3 question left in quant section. I panicked, even though internet connectivity returned and i lost only 1 minute. I got all the three question wrong. I finished the exam and saw the score of 690 (V37, Q48) pop up. I was annoyed and complained to GMAC with ESR (attached). However, they did not agree with me regarding the score getting hampered due to internet connectivity.

GMAT journey part 3:I scheduled the GMAT exam once again for 15th Septmber 2018. I gave prepGMAT Exam 6 on 11th September 2018 and I got 750 (Q51, V39). I was really confident and looking towards finally overcoming the GMAT.
My GMAT exam on 15th September 2018 was going well according to me, however, I was apprehensive that I was not seeing the type of question (such as boldfaced CR) one gets when the exam is going well. I finished my exam and to my shock I saw the score of 650(Q48, V31). I cancelled the score. I am unable to comprehend what went wrong. I have done full circle. Started with exact score on GMAT prep exam 1.

Road Ahead: But I won't give up and plan to take GMAT once again in one month time. I am looking to register myself with e-GMAT (Verbal online) or EMPOWERGMAT course to improve my score to 740. My target schools are shown in my profile. Requested to provide suggestion on the course of action (and the course I take) that I take in my 4th attempt of GMAT....
Attachments

File comment: GMAT Exam 2 ESR
GUNJAN GAGAN_338247632_ESR.pdf [481.02 KiB]
Downloaded 377 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Yale '21 (S)
Send PM
I just got whooped!!!

Guys, I am applying for January to b-schools and I need at least a 610. I have strong work experience, essays and recommendations. But I just got a 390!!
I m scared and confused. I just scheduled another test in 18 days!!!!!

Any thoughts??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Great score, congrats.

If you started off at a 47Q on your first practice test I'm guessing you had a pretty decent math background to begin with, that or you're just a great test taker. I too was a humanities major without much of a math background, but I've got a lot bigger gap to bridge on the quant section than you did. Thanks for the advice though, this is helpful!
Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I took my GMAT online a few weeks back & wanted to share one thing that I didn't know about - you cannot go back and edit your answers. So you have to make sure you get it right the first time round
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts