Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 469 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
At least you only have to focus on your verbal. Repetition is going to be your friend...the more practice materials you go through the better off you will be.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, I agree from my own test experience yesterday, Man! the difficult verbal bin's are the hardest of what you would see in OG.

For math there is lot of hard stuff to practice out there, for verbal if you are weak just like I am, its not going to be enough to score 80% on your SC and CRs in OG, I did got to 80% consistent accuracy in CR and 75% in SC in Sc1000 and CR1000 practice believer me and yet scored 32, and I did find the actual verbal harder ( similar to gmat prep 2 in my experience).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just do 200 RC passages + questions, 250-300 CR's, and 2000 SC's. Once you get SC down you can do one question every 30 seconds, so in an hour you can do 100 or so..... you can do 2000 SC's in 2 weeks no problem.

Practise, practise, practise -- that's it! Then do lots of CATs before the exam (GMATPrep, PowerPrep), and get used to the timing. Then you'll be fine :-) The hardest part is concentrating on the verbal once you use up all your brain power on the quant

You can boost that <30V to a 40+ V no problem
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:CBS, MIT, Kellogg, Wharton
Send PM
[#permalink]
Let me guess, you didn't do AWAs when you took the GMATPreps ?:)

That's at least what it looks like. You got V38 and V36 before and all of the sudden your Verbal score went down...

If that's the case then,IMO, your problem is rather stamina than ability. If you don't do AWA when you do practice exams and if you don't feel comfortable with banging out 2 essays without expending too much energy, chances are, your Verbal score will suffer considerably.

Hope that helps.

P.S. your score shows that you have great quant skills and a tremendous potential. I would def encourage you to take the exam again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
what about best CAT for first time users [#permalink]
Folks,
You guys didnt mentione what would be the best CAT software for first time users? .... please advice, which one and why!!

thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
what about best CAT for first time users [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts