Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2102 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Gmat Imprtance and Acceptance rate for PhD Business kn USA [#permalink]
mittu wrote:
Why does admission for PhD require GMAT? Why do you think it's important.(I'm talking about US universities here)

I've done my Bachelor's with 4.0 GPA and currently pursuing Masters in which I scored 4.0 GPA in first 2 semesters, both from India and the masters will be completed by May 2019. I'm going to give my GMAT by next month end. I'll be applying to US universities for fall 2019.

Please suggest me the score range that one has to score for an intake? Yes I know that a high GMAT score is required but as my academic background is strong, will a score that is not in 700 range be good enough for the admission? I'm not sure whether I'll be scoring well. Can you also suggest some good universities?

Posted from my mobile device

Hello mittu

What do you mean why they require it and why is important ?

There is no single serious master or PhD program that will not require standardized tests, such as GMAT or GRE and furthermore TOEFL/IELTS if we are talking about international students.

The ones you may find that do not require it are not serious programs and their degree will mean nothing to you or add any value to your career.

I never saw PhD program that do not request it in my field if specialization, but just heard there are some in other fields, however I would doubt seriousness and quality of that kind of program/university.

Why does it matter is that is convenient apple to apple comparison of all possible candidates, who comes from various backgrounds and from various teaching institutions all over the world, where even in the same filed programs may not be that comparable in terms of quality, structure, subjects, how hard is to score high mark or not etc.

Moreover, purpose of standardized tests is to measure your readiness for graduate studies on English and predict your possibility of completion.

As for your other questions, keep in mind that GMAT is only one aspect of application, think of it just threshold that you need to be in range to satisfy condition and yes of course you can get it in with score below 700.

It is quite easy to find good universities in your field or in general for PhD in Business, however wait until you take GMAT and then we can find your fit based on facts and your preference.

Good Luck ! :cool:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Gmat Imprtance and Acceptance rate for PhD Business kn USA [#permalink]
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4380 posts