GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 23:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 00:28
pikolo2510 wrote:

hey abhimahna

I am talking about this link

https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep#/login

Are you able to login successfully? Forgot Password also doesn't work. I land back on the same page

Tried the above after clearing history,cache and in Incognito mode.

Doesn't work. Really annoying from GMAC!!!

Hey pikolo2510 ,

Yes, It is working for me but via a different route.

Login to http://www.mba.com and then choose GMAT Products from left panel and then select Give Practice exams. It will redirect you to the same portal in logged in state.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 00:32
Hey abhimahna

That route works! Really strange why the old link didn't work. This route is not at all user friendly and many must have thought the website is down

Anyways, Thanks for your quick help as always

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!
NEW GMATPrep software analysis by Bunuel

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 03:31
Well, I was giving a practice mock. I sat for 2 hours : Quant done and verbal 10 mins left approx.

I see this message. This is the second time when I am forced to quit the exam. I mean, whats the point of the whole software if its so buggy? I have been exposed to those precious GMATPrep questions, which I will probably see again when I reset and reattempt and it won't be an accurate evaluation of my GMATprep score.

GMAC responded just a few days back (and that too coz I PM'd OfficialGMAT for a response) for the last issue(and that was a different issue) which I raised 2 weeks ago. How can they expect users to give an exam without apt practice?
Attachments

IMG-20180601-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20180601-WA0002.jpg [ 47.55 KiB | Viewed 1699 times ]

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 05:24
pikolo2510 wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:
Are you guys able to login? I am unable to login!

Is the website still down?

Hey pikolo2510 ,

I just tried and it is working fine. Clear your cache and try again. :-)

hey abhimahna

I am talking about this link

https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep#/login

Are you able to login successfully? Forgot Password also doesn't work. I land back on the same page

Tried the above after clearing history,cache and in Incognito mode.

Doesn't work. Really annoying from GMAC!!!

Hey there,
the trick is simple. Dont login from that link, but login on: https://www.mba.com/global/store/store- ... -free.aspx

Once you are logged in, again go back to https://www.mba.com/global/store/store- ... -free.aspx

Click the Green button: ACCESS GMAT OFFICIAL PREP

Done.

Let me know if it works and best of luck in your studies!
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 08:04
Thanks PAcmania, I got that

Anyways, my question to all of you guys here is - Has anyone ever completed a mock on the NEW GMATPrep software? Till now, I haven't been able to complete a single mock!!!

Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 09:11
pikolo2510 wrote:

Anyways, my question to all of you guys here is - Has anyone ever completed a mock on the NEW GMATPrep software? Till now, I haven't been able to complete a single mock!!!

Hey pikolo2510 ,

I did last week. Attempted first free version just for fun. :-)

Everything worked great!

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 11:09
abhimahna wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:

Hey pikolo2510 ,

I did last week. Attempted first free version just for fun. :-)

Everything worked great!

Looks like its only me who can't even give a single mock on the new software! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.9
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2018, 01:21
I read this thread and found it to be extremely informative for those planning to give GMAT in the new shorter format. The overwhelming view is that the Quants test remains almost the same while the Verbal test has become more dependent on RC. I was just pondering on the changes delineated by the GMAC, which said that the only change is that they have reduced 'unscored questions' . So is there a possibility that most of the unscored questions that are being removed were of SC and after removing them the proportion of SC questions automatically went down. I am not sure but I think GMAC has not been open about the experimental questions and their distribution. Such a possibility would mean that the distribution of actual questions remains the same as earlier.

So if the approx. distribution earlier was V41 (SC 16/17, RC 13/14, CR 10/11) then after removing five unscored questions (SC 4/5, CR 0/1, RC 0), we get the new approx. distribution V36 (SC 12/13, RC 13/14, CR 9/10). This assumption will be strengthened if it can be confirmed that a majority of unscored questions in the previous format was SC. In such a case it actually makes sense to reduce the inordinately high number of unscored SC questions while retaining the number of unscored RC and CR questions. Thus in effect, it would not affect your performance on the scored questions at all.

Nevertheless, a higher ratio of RC while keeping the average time per question almost same does mean that the time being given has reduced. :sad:
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: HBS '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.57
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2018, 03:40
ab_gmat wrote:
I read this thread and found it to be extremely informative for those planning to give GMAT in the new shorter format. The overwhelming view is that the Quants test remains almost the same while the Verbal test has become more dependent on RC. I was just pondering on the changes delineated by the GMAC, which said that the only change is that they have reduced 'unscored questions' . So is there a possibility that most of the unscored questions that are being removed were of SC and after removing them the proportion of SC questions automatically went down. I am not sure but I think GMAC has not been open about the experimental questions and their distribution. Such a possibility would mean that the distribution of actual questions remains the same as earlier.

So if the approx. distribution earlier was V41 (SC 16/17, RC 13/14, CR 10/11) then after removing five unscored questions (SC 4/5, CR 0/1, RC 0), we get the new approx. distribution V36 (SC 12/13, RC 13/14, CR 9/10). This assumption will be strengthened if it can be confirmed that a majority of unscored questions in the previous format was SC. In such a case it actually makes sense to reduce the inordinately high number of unscored SC questions while retaining the number of unscored RC and CR questions. Thus in effect, it would not affect your performance on the scored questions at all.

Nevertheless, a higher ratio of RC while keeping the average time per question almost same does mean that the time being given has reduced. :sad:

It is difficult to believe everything GMAT/GMAC claims. GMAT definitely included experimental RC questions before.

Kindly press the +1Kudos if you like the explanation. Thanks a lot!!!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.9
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2018, 12:00
I am sure experimental RC questions were and are included in GMAT. What I meant was that maybe a majority of experimental questions were SC and GMAC might have decided to reduce their number and bring them on par with the RC and CR ones. I know its a wild guess but cant think of other reasons for drastically reducing the number of SC questions and that too when only experimental ones have been reduced.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2018, 22:33
ab_gmat wrote:
I am sure experimental RC questions were and are included in GMAT. What I meant was that maybe a majority of experimental questions were SC and GMAC might have decided to reduce their number and bring them on par with the RC and CR ones. I know its a wild guess but cant think of other reasons for drastically reducing the number of SC questions and that too when only experimental ones have been reduced.
You're right. The GMAC said (in a discussion about the changes in the exam) that the scored portion of the GMAT exam is exactly the same as it was earlier. That means that the change in distribution is entirely attributable to experimental questions.

Ascore Prep | Online | Bangalore

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 12:14
Since there are simply fewer questions, did the GMAT get easier?
Whoever took both the old and new exam formats please comment.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 12:58
I def feel like the newer format is harder. When I was taking mock on GMATprep with the older format I was scoring 760 and with the newer one I got 730 - felt like I was rushing through the Verbal which was not the case when I was taking the longer version.

Quant is the same.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 13:01
Quote:

I took both . Maybe my opinion is not accurate ,it is not supported by any evidence , but i noticed that verbal got easier as a result of fewer questions . 6 questions is big difference in terms of time management .the level of questions stayed the same ,but the distribution is harder than before with 4 RC passages . Overall , I had better experience with the new verbal version .

But that was not the case with my Quant experience , maybe questions level was harder and trickier . i can be sure that the level is above the Practice Exams ! Overall , my Quant experience was worse .

Hope this helps
Give kudos if it does

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 20:03
gmatzpractice wrote:

Hi,

In Jan 2017 I scored a v34 on the gmat(old format)
recently took the test and had prepped well for the verbal section(imo) scored a v28, the verbal section is harder now I think.
Quant is the same, cause my quant scores didn't change.

If you find my post useful, please give me a kudos.

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Information Technology (Other)

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 06:05
ENEM wrote:
gmatzpractice wrote:

Hi,

In Jan 2017 I scored a v34 on the gmat(old format)
recently took the test and had prepped well for the verbal section(imo) scored a v28, the verbal section is harder now I think.
Quant is the same, cause my quant scores didn't change.

-------
I took both . Maybe my opinion is not accurate ,it is not supported by any evidence , but i noticed that verbal got easier as a result of fewer questions . 6 questions is big difference in terms of time management .the level of questions stayed the same ,but the distribution is harder than before with 4 RC passages . Overall , I had better experience with the new verbal version .

But that was not the case with my Quant experience , maybe questions level was harder and trickier . i can be sure that the level is above the Practice Exams ! Overall , my Quant experience was worse .
-------

2 opposite opinions )
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Jun 2018, 08:44
If the level of questions remains the same, the recent change to the GMAT ought to have made it easier. Unless the questions get more difficult which doesn't seem the case.
As if you must run a longer distance at the same speed on the exam before April 16 opposed to a shorter distance on the current GMAT, and, somewhere in the middle, you stop for pushups as IR and AWA sections. Particularly with the select ordering of V/Q, IR, AWA on the pre-April 16 GMAT because they shortened V and Q sections.

Originally posted by gmatzpractice on 19 Jun 2018, 06:21.
Last edited by gmatzpractice on 19 Jun 2018, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 08:29
I was scoring pretty high on V on the old formats - V42-V45 and was not struggling with time

With the new one: only got V40 and was struggling with time throughout
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2018, 21:36
norovers wrote:
Hi All,

I have attempted both free (updated) GMAT Prep tests. On my first attempt, it skipped the quant section, registering a 0 for my quant percentile. After completing the second test, the software failed to record a score (the software made me wait on a frozen page that read "please wait, your question is being evaluated") and did not record my answers for review.

I called MBA and reported this. They are aware of the issue and are bringing in the developer to remedy the situation ASAP. They said they would email me regarding the status of the repairs. Once I hear back, I will update this post.

Until then, if you are planning on taking a free GMAT Prep exam, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!

**Update: No response yet from MBA reps, but my scores just appeared a day after my screen froze. It also looks like I will be able to review my answers

Second this but happened for verbal. Not a one-off incident.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2018, 09:53
Does it impact any thing on timing aspect of answering questions? Or better to say what's the impact on answer timings strategy because of number of reduction of questions? or its more like NAV for a mutual fund and have no impact overall?

Regards,
Vidit

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter &nbs [#permalink] 25 Jun 2018, 09:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22    Next  [ 430 posts ] 

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap