GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 May 2019, 06:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Mocks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Mocks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2017, 11:28
Hi,

Well I have my GMAT exam on 26th. The score I have been recently getting:

GMAT PREP 3 is 640, Quant 49, Verbal 29
GMAT PREP 4 is 620, Quant 45, Verbal 28
CAT EXAM #4 Completed 07/22/2017 Score: 620, Quant 41 Verbal 34
CAT EXAM #3 Completed 07/21/2017 Score: 640 Quant 43 Verbal 34
CAT EXAM #2 Completed 07/02/2017 Score: 640 Quant 44 Verbal 34

How can I improve my points? My target is 700.

Thanks,
Neha
Intern
Intern
B
Re: GMAT Mocks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 08:45
Hi Neha,

A couple observations:
-Your verbal score seems relatively consistent for the CAT exams (all 34) and GMAT PREP (28 - 29)
-Your quant score seems to fluctuate a bit more (41 through 49)

Based on the observations above, I would put more focus on the quant section. Since you know you can get a 49, you can put more focus on understanding foundational concepts and creating an error log to see what types of questions you get wrong consistently. To me, that seems like the easiest way to raise your score quickly. Some good materials to use are Manhattan Prep or Veritas Prep's guides. Another focus area can be on sentence correction (SC) for verbal. This is another opportunity because it can take the shortest amount of time to master SC as opposed to the other two sections in verbal. If you can focus on foundational math concepts and sentence correction, I think that you can definitely reach that 700+ score goal. Best of luck!
SVP
SVP
G
Re: GMAT Mocks  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 09:33
Top Contributor
Not a bad approach from bluemba to focus on math and the sc section.

To help in your quant improvement - try to look at variations of the same stem math problem. For example, what if you changed one of the numbers or variables? If you can make changes to the same stem question and know how to proceed with these different variations, then you will be that much more prepared when you see a similar question on the exam.

This is the approach we take in our math lessons - you can test yourself on some at the Practice Pill Platform: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

See if this video helps: http://www.gmatpill.com/problemsolving/og/222/222.mp4
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Mocks   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2017, 09:33

GMAT Mocks

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap