Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32869 [96]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1238 [1]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32869 [1]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: The Official Guide for GMAT © Verbal Review 2018 [#permalink]
for the rc section there must be three more questions or a new text with 3 questions. am i right?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [1]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone,

<Not sure if this the most appropriate thread o post this query. In case not, please direct me to the correct one. :)>

Is there a compilation somewhere which gives a Category/Topic wise breakdown of the questions in Verbal Review 18 ?

Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hi there! It's been a while since this post has been commented on, and I noticed that the post is incomplete. Does anyone at GmatClub plan to finish this? If not, are there other links to compilations you recommend I check out? I want to focus on OG problems only, or questions that resemble true test questions (such as Magoosh etc., I find that MPrep and Veritas vary in style).

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello,

Does anyone know where to find the error log for the 2018 Verbal review?

I only have the 2018 books with me. I have the OG error log and I am using it extensively. Would be nice to know the break down of the verbal qs where I am making mistake on the Verbal review as well.

Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys. Trying to figure this out... I see questions 1 through x posted for a number of the guides, but for this one, only selected questions have links. Is that because we just don't have the remaining questions posted on this forum? I tried looking through this thread for an answer but couldn't find one.

Thanks, and btw, great job on compiling this stuff!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am a big Manhattan GMAT fanboy. I certainly didn’t ace my SAT’s in college but got the 98th percentile on the GMAT simply by devoting about 3 months to MGMAT prep materials and practice problems from the Official Guides pictured above. The official guide is nothing but old test questions from the real exam. I also took the 6 practice tests offered by MGMAT and used their online tracker to see where I could improve.

The best prep you can do is take the first of the free practice tests you get when you enroll for the GMAT and see where you are. (ie how close to 700+ are you).

Then either take an MGMAT class or do all the self-study guides. They teach you the test. The GMAT is basically math you learned in 7th grade and the ability to learn the sentence correction rules, which are black and white. The critical reasoning can be learned by focusing on why certain answer choices are WRONG, and that isn’t quite as easy.

Finally take the 2nd free practice test and I can guarantee your score on the real exam will be within 30 points.

The criticisms I’ve heard of the KAplan materials are similar to the Schweser criticisms: there are practice problems that aren’t representative of actual exam questions, and they don’t do a good job of actually teaching you the test. MGMAT doesn’t offer any other prep materials, they just do GMAT and they seem to do it well.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13958 posts