Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3964 [1]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1433 [1]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT ONLINE REVOKED : HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
sjuniv32 wrote:
Hi

I have read and heard about lots of terrible experiences of GMAT Online and they not only kill time but also put one immense mental strain. Doesn't the GMAC authority consider these issues as its shortcomings? Should GMAC make it clear what it is doing to make the test experience better?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I have not seen any cases or examples that would indicate any level of taking responsibility for the issues by GMAC. I think it would be a welcome sign and a very helpful one. Often when people complain about the issues they have faced with Pearson‘s procedures and behavior of proctors, GMAT prefers testtakers back to Pearson rather than looking into the case.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
GMAT ONLINE REVOKED : HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
sjuniv32 wrote:
Hi

I have read and heard about lots of terrible experiences of GMAT Online and they not only kill time but also put one immense mental strain. Doesn't the GMAC authority consider these issues as its shortcomings? Should GMAC make it clear what it is doing to make the test experience better?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I have not seen any cases or examples that would indicate any level of taking responsibility for the issues by GMAC. I think it would be a welcome sign and a very helpful one. Often when people complain about the issues they have faced with Pearson‘s procedures and behavior of proctors, GMAT prefers testtakers back to Pearson rather than looking into the case.

Hi !

Yes, they should! Maybe that is the reason why they have moved from Pearson to Examity for conducting the GMAT Online . I am not aware if Pearson & Examity are the same entities. Although, the system check requirements for Examity is much stricter than Pearson :
1. You have to download an additional browser into the system ( For those who were giving on work laptops, be aware. You will need install ES Secure Browser into your system. It may or may not be allowed by your IT team )
2. Internet speed test goes on for full 1 min. Checks 'both' download & upload speeds as well. I think Pearson used to check only the download speed in system check.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi 297402,

Did you get a response from GMAC?

Hi!

Yes I have received a reply from GMAC. They have agreed to reschedule the GMAT free of cost through a voucher.

But the damage has been done. I have not been seen/ prepped for AWA section . Will have to start from scratch.

Still, I think its nice of GMAC to at least offer a voucher , otherwise it would have been really messed up!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 49
Send PM
Hi:

I also had a poor experience with the online exam. Can you share your progress and the email addresses/phone numbers/websites you used to reach them? Thank you so much and wish you the best!

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
297402 wrote:
Hi 297402,

Hi!

Yes I have received a reply from GMAC. They have agreed to reschedule the GMAT free of cost through a voucher.

But the damage has been done. I have not been seen/ prepped for AWA section . Will have to start from scratch.

Still, I think its nice of GMAC to at least offer a voucher , otherwise it would have been really messed up!

I agree. It's nice that you received the voucher.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
GMAT ONLINE REVOKED : HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE [#permalink]
Hey 297402 , what medium did you use to reach out to GMAC? My test was revoked yesterday because of technical issues. Tried reaching out to examity support, they mentioned its a GMAC concern. I have emailed GMAC and waiting for a response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
297402 wrote:
Hi 297402,

Hi!

Good to know that you received the voucher.
What was the medium thru which you contacted GMAT for the voucher? Can you share the process. This info will be helpful to others.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts