GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 05:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GMAT 1: 610 Q43 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 640 Q47 V31
GRE 1: Q155 V155
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Jul 2020, 11:47
GMAT ONLINE - EVERYTHING WE KNOW!
(this post is stickied at the top to provide a quick reference about GMAT Online)

• Online exam registration is $200 USD; there is no cost to reschedule even if you miss the test
  • Appointment dates are available beginning April 20, 2020, until June 15, 2020, July 17, 2020, Aug 14, 2020, Dec 31, 2020
  • Physical dry-erase white-board is allowed
Spoiler: :: Click to Expand full summary

• The GMAT™ Online exam can be taken on both Windows and Mac personal computers and laptops. Tablets are NOT allowed
  • The sections are as follows:
    31 Quantitative / 62 minutes
    36 Verbal / 65 minutes
    12 IR / 30 minutes
    *Please note that the Section Order for the GMAT ™ Online exam is fixed at this time as Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning
  • You will be allowed one, optional 5-minute break before you begin the Integrated Reasoning section.
  • Unlike the in-person exam at a testing center, the GMAT™ Online exam does not permit the use of a whiteboard during the exam. To assist you with the ability to take notes and/or draw shapes, there is an online whiteboard feature you can access during the exam. To learn more about Whiteboards, or Try one in action, see GMAT Club's Master Whiteboard Discussion
  • Tablets are also forbidden. Devices must have a physical keyboard
  • Touchscreens are a controversial item. Originally GMAC said touchscreens were forbidden. However, later they relaxed the requirements and are permitting use of touchscreens but not using touchscreens for the whiteboard
  • When you complete the exam, you will not receive a score immediately. Scores available in 7 days
  • Scores cannot be canceled
  • You can choose to send your scores to Schools (unlimited number) AFTER seeing the score instead of before taking the test (positive change)
  • Your online GMAT scores will NOT show up in the regular score reports and vice versa - New!
  • You can only take 1 GMAT Online test
  • Full details here: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/gmat-online-experience/about-the-gmat-online
  • You cannot get ESR report to analyze your performance https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-questions/gmat-online-exam#question27

Whiteboard Questions

GMAT Online Debriefs

Originally posted by mykrasovski on 23 Mar 2020, 11:37.
Last edited by bb on 22 Jul 2020, 11:47, edited 90 times in total.
Update
Intern
Intern
B
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 03:05
bb wrote:
Thanks so much @icueto!!! Awesome debrief!

Would you mind also posting this in the Share GMAT Experience forum? You can just copy /paste and tag it as GMAT Online.

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device

bb, I made a new post and i tried tagging it, but I cannot find the functionality. Can you help me with this please :please: ?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... l#p2504606
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 09:43
How will Business schools view it that there's no AWA involved? Also what does it mean that scores don't show up in Physical scores Report; does that mean it doesn't count?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 09:48
Hello Everyone,
I just connected to the Youtube live "effective test-taking strategies" and it was advised to use a mouse-pen, that is, a pen you can use to write directly on your trackpad if you have a laptop (no external devices are connected). The pen is wireless. Do you know whether we can use it? It would help solve many of the problems...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 11:42
Hello everyone,
I registeres the online exam, but I cannot see the "Begin Exam" button. I tried to email the customer services one week ago bue still no answers.

I am new and cannot submit any photo so I describe what I see in my screen:
In my account / See future exam details I can see 3 boxes:
1- Purchase online exams -> When I get in I see the exa I bought but not any "Begin exam" button
2- GMAC assessment exams -> for special test takers
3- Upcoming appointment: you do not have any appointment scheduled -> Shoul my exam appears here??

Help please,
Thank you in advance
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 11:43
Hi. You are double posting :-) I replied to your other topic.... please see your answer here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... l#p2501969

The button shows up only 30 mins before the test in the future tests section - you have to click for it. There are a few screenshots.
Go to the register now or view appointment details" page on your "my account" homescreen.
Some photos here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... l#p2549422

Lzy wrote:
Hello everyone,
I registeres the online exam, but I cannot see the "Begin Exam" button. I tried to email the customer services one week ago bue still no answers.

I am new and cannot submit any photo so I describe what I see in my screen:
In my account / See future exam details I can see 3 boxes:
1- Purchase online exams -> When I get in I see the exa I bought but not any "Begin exam" button
2- GMAC assessment exams -> for special test takers
3- Upcoming appointment: you do not have any appointment scheduled -> Shoul my exam appears here??

Help please,
Thank you in advance

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 10:21
Struggling much with this blackboard thing. Used to get 49Q on pen and paper easily, now struggling to reach even 45Q. Anybody else experiencing the same...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33 (Online)
WE: Investment Banking (Health Care)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 10:35
Yup, echoing what vreddy1 said, has anyone taken a GMAT Club Quant test with the whiteboard this weekend? How different were your scores than what you normally get/how did it feel? Would love to hear any type of feedback, as I may take an exam later today if some people had decent experiences with it...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 14:51
I recall taking an official GMAT, and there was so much work for 1 quant question. There's no way I could write all that blackboard. Hope they change the quant questions to cater to the blackboard, because if not, it's going to be trouble. Not only does it take forever to write something that takes 2 seconds, but also the the writing itself sucks, I can barely read it.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 18:02
vreddy1 wrote:
I recall taking an official GMAT, and there was so much work for 1 quant question. There's no way I could write all that blackboard. Hope they change the quant questions to cater to the blackboard, because if not, it's going to be trouble. Not only does it take forever to write something that takes 2 seconds, but also the the writing itself sucks, I can barely read it.

Yes, writing with a pencil on the online whiteboard is terrible. It is not usable but you can type things out as a few people pointed out. They used the text tool only and never touched drawing tools. The whiteboard is hard for interval or coordinate geometry that combines both :(

PS. I am still waiting for folks to report their scores. It will be a lot more clear how things are working out once the official scores come in.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 18:05
Thank you for doing the research and thank you for your persistence!!!

PS. Thank you also for not asking me anything via 5 methods of contact :lol:

nopemi wrote:
TOUCHSCREEN UPDATE: still confused

Hello everyone!

Last week I received an E-mail from the GMAC (Shira Stein) stating that "we could use our fingers but not a stylus".
Since I do not believe them in the slightest (it took me 7 e-mails before getting a non-standardized answer ;) ), I contacted them again via Facebook messenger, Instagram and Twitter (yes, I am THAT kind of customer :lol: ) to make sure it was true.

I received the following answers via FB Messenger:

GMAC: Hello, we apologize for the frustrations! While you may use a compatible touch screen device for the online assessment, you may not use a stylus/pen or your finger. We value market feedback and will continue to explore ways to make the GMAT Online experience one that helps test takers perform their best on exam day. We will also continue to uphold our high standards for security, validity and reliability across our assessments.

My answer: Hello! Thank you for your answer.
I recently received an email from your customer service saying that while we can't use a stylus, we can use our fingers. So I am a little bit confused..
MER 19:07

GMAC: we apologize for the confusion! We recommend that you do not use a finger for the online exam as this can cause issues with the exam and/or cause the session to be cancelled.

Then via e-mail:
Hello ****,

Use of a stylus or any similar on screen writing device (including your finger) on a touch screen may result in your exam being cancelled.
[usual whiteboard info bla bla]

Regards,
Shira

Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)

Needelss to say, I am hugely disappointed by their lack of competence and professionalism, as I believe many of you are. Everything is just so confusing (although I believe they are being so sketchy about using fingers just because it would give touchscreen laptop owners an advantage. Correct me if I'm wrong)

I hope this can help someone (it took me a lot of effort, time and patience to get these short answers :roll: :roll: thanks customer service :thumbsup: :shh: ) and maybe some of you have had a similar experience and can back this up.

Have a great day :blushing:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 18:20
bb Thank you, and I'll be waiting for how other people do, that would help tremendously. In all honesty, I think this is our chance for inflated scores that count. If I can get past the technical adjustments, I should be fine.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 18:22
Technically if we trust GMAC, scores should be out no later than tomorrow.

If we trust Pearson Vue, then it is up to 2 weeks.... :roll:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 06:30
Hi I just saw on YouTube "GMAT Score Reveal | NEW GMAT ONLINE UPDATES!" scheduled live on May 1st.
Since I'm taking the gmat at home in 2 days can I and whoever is in my shoes know what score did u get??

thanks souvik or whoever took the gmat at home already
Alum
V
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 07:29
marcoriva wrote:
Hi I just saw on YouTube "GMAT Score Reveal | NEW GMAT ONLINE UPDATES!" scheduled live on May 1st.
Since I'm taking the gmat at home in 2 days can I and whoever is in my shoes know what score did u get??

thanks souvik or whoever took the gmat at home already

Hello hello!

I am "hoping" to get the score by then and scheduled the session so that people are in the know.

If I hear back in the next 2 days, I will definitely update this thread. But the quick question for you - how would knowing how others scored help you? I understand if you are curious and I would be too, but don't add stress to your test-taking.

ALL THE BEST. If you need any advice, just post here and I will respond.

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 12:53
I just took the online GMAT exam today - went as expected (quant quite hard due to the missing whiteboard, verbal as usual). GMAC says on their website we will get the score within 7 business days but at the end of the test it said scores will be published in the next two weeks... This makes a huge difference for me since my application deadline is the 6th of May so the 7 business days would be just in time, 2 weeks would not be. Does anyone have information on this?
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 15:12
Thank you for doing this and thank you for sharing the details!!

joerog wrote:
I spoke with GMAC this morning and got a follow up email this afternoon (took my online exam 4/20).

They are still planning on sending out the test scores for early test takers "this week via email". I didn't get much more information than that. I've called them almost daily to try to get a firm timeline on score reporting. They are helpful but haven't been able to give me a date. It sounds like over the next few days the early test takers should expect their score reports.

Having the impending score hanging over your head is almost as bad as the quant section without a notepad....

Alum
V
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 16:13
Director
Director
D
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: Terry '22
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 04:46
Dude I can see you really hate this GMAT online thing. Have you switched to GRE?
ari.banerjee wrote:
Why The GRE Could Become The Preferred Exam For MBA Admissions
great article! must read!

https://poetsandquants.com/2020/04/27/w ... i=87047967

D
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 06:46
Guys but you should understand that GRE and GMAT have different test format so you don’t expect GMAT to copy everything GRE does. That’s absolutely No!!
Mayor wrote:
ari.banerjee wrote:

I fully agree with you. I have scored a 720 in 2012 and 700 in 2017 in GMAT. I have been preparing for GMAT again for last 1 month and am in my prime in terms of GMAT strike rate (consistent 730+ in mocks). But this attitude of GMAC has hurt me. Now I am giving a try with GRE mock. If things go well I can prepare for a month for GRE and give exam at the comfort of my home. GMAT failed to understand once basic truth that many many busy professionals like us are free (relatively) at home right now and are able to dedicate sufficient time for test preparation during COVID. We all want to cash in the free time and finish the test part before applications. GRE behaved like an opportunistic business corporate with moves which will also benefit test takers like us. But GMAC is thinking like Chinese Public Companies. In fact I expected the reverse! I love the role played by GRE during this time. They moved in fast. They delivered fast. They have kept the at home GRE on par with original GRE (respecting the online test takers). Even hardcore fans of GMAT experience are moving towards GRE for the stupidity of GMAC. From last 10 days they are saying in Twitter that they are working on a 'solution' for a problem created by themselves! Earlier I used to feel bigger and better for being a GMAT taker over a GRE taker (especially in the context of MBA applications) - now, no more.

I don't want to send this email to GMAC as I know that I will get the following response.

"Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are actively investigating ways to make the GMAT Online test-taking experience even better and will notify you of any updates as they become available." :(

"We hear your frustration and want you to know that we are actively working on a solution, which will take some time to complete. Communicating these changes to you is a high priority for us and we will share additional information on the whiteboard as soon as it’s available." :shh:

D
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 06:47
Understand your pain, all the best in your GRE.
What schools are you applying to?
ari.banerjee wrote:
Staphyk wrote:
Dude I can see you really hate this GMAT online thing. Have you switched to GRE?
ari.banerjee wrote:

Haha yes I do. Wouldn't you? I just feel betrayed. I spent a long time studying and preparing for it and not to mention thousands of dollars spent over prep courses and this is what we get for the online version?

I already took the GRE and got a score so that I could meet the admissions deadlines. I will be appearing for the at home GRE again in a few weeks with proper preparation.

HBU?

Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2020, 06:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  59   60   61   62   63  ...  113    Next  [ 2248 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep