GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 09:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 08:01
ari.banerjee wrote:
Wow,
I was kicked out. The session is full.

What a garbage session. Wtf is session full?

:( :( :( :( :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Mee too....
Attachments

gmac webinar full.png
gmac webinar full.png [ 9.32 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]

B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: HSG MBF "22 (S)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 08:44
I just took TOEFL online yesterday: I used my whiteboard and cancelled in front of the proctor at the end of the exam, I got the usual 10 minutes break, everything went PERFECTLY fine.

It is my firm belief that GMAT and IELTS (which does not even provide an online version during the pandemic) are going to be destroyed by their respective competitors: GRE and TOEFL.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 08:56
bb wrote:
AD19 wrote:
Hey, so I noticed on the slides (saw someone posted them) that they say the online whiteboard is 'currently' the only option. Do you think this may mean they will change it after a few days of experimenting?

Those slides are from the webinar yesterday. Yesterday, GMAC acknowledged that there are a lot of concerns about the whiteboard but currently it is the only option they have and there’s no other options that are available. The way they explained it and talked about it yesterday, it didn’t seem to be temporary nor did they imply that another solution could be coming soon. It sounded pretty final.

It is possible that they may change from the online scratchpad to another option, but there was no indication given about it to us yesterday. The way it sounded was more of it is what it is.

Posted from my mobile device

I booked the online GMAT as soon as registration opened for 27th as I feared all spots will be taken. So, I didn't get to read their loooong page about all the restrictions as I assumed they must be doing the obvious things like GRE.
I cant seem to find any way to email them about getting my full $200 back as I would be cancelling it for sure. Would you know how?
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 10:08
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 11:11
rc1913 wrote:
Hi, i heard the online gmat exam, although allow once, it won't be counted in the 5 times yearly/8 times lifetime limits, is that true?

where i can find some official reference? thanks,

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online

Retesting
At this time the GMAT™ Online exam can only be taken once. Currently, score cancellations and retakes will not be available, with the exception of verified technical issues.

The GMAT™ Online Exam will not count toward your yearly nor lifetime exam attempt limits.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 13:09
Souvik is taking the GMAT Online on April 21st. He will be doing a video debrief about his experience.
Make sure to set a reminder on YouTube (and subscribe to our YouTube channel :angel:)

Join Us for YouTube LIVE on April 22
11 AM Pacific | 2 PM Eastern | 6 PM GMT | 11:30 PM IST

P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 15:16
Top Contributor
Here's the link to the Manhattan GMAT OnVue whiteboard simulator: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog ... at-online/
Intern
Intern
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 20:57
Saw this in the comments section of Official GMAT Instagram page. Maybe, there will be some announcements on the whiteboard next week.
Attachments

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 81.22 KiB | Viewed 1937 times ]

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 08:47
Just did the Manhattan CAT 1 test using their new whiteboard.

Quant 39 37 % Review
Verbal 29 57 % Review
Total 560 44%

This is going to be a disaster.
Director
Director
D
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: Terry '22
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 12:49
Boss don’t say this. It an option ,you can choose to take it or not
ari.banerjee wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
ari.banerjee wrote:
bb wrote:
Chethan92 wrote:
Keep in mind that with the GMAT™ Online exam currently there is not an opportunity to preview your unofficial score at the end of your exam. So, if you are unsure, you can wait to select programs until after receiving your official score report via email.

Your official score will be sent to you via email (to the email on your registration record) within 7 business days of completing your exam.

We cannot view our scores?

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is GMAT from Hell, not GMAT at Home

I have a touchscreen laptop and I am thinking how feasible this will be to use a stylus on the screen but is a stylus or touch screen feature even allowed?

This is worse than GRE at home. I will prefer to sit through a 6 hr GRE exam again than to appear for an exam with no way to solve using my hands or on a pad. This is insanity. I want to know which dumbass consultant came up with that IDEA? :lol: :shock:

I can't even write numbers properly with a mouse. Imagine solving problems :lol:

GMAC is a corrupt entity and all they ever care about is how to gouge prices and deceive innocent people and poor students with multiple attempts, ESR purchases and an elusive algorithm that produces haywire fluctuations that are incomprehensible. This is another example of how GMAT doesn't care about students and at a time of crisis is just trying to make money and make the experience even harder so that students will have to give the GMAT again when the testing centers open back up.

I hope people choose GRE and that this time it destroys GMAT for good. I hope it goes bankrupt.

B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: HSG MBF "22 (S)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 14:39
I have just finished doing the Official Practice Exam 6 using the Manhattan Prep Online Whiteboard (no paper or whatsoever), and I ended up getting a Q50. I also simulated no break between Q and V, and a 5 minute break before IR.

I mainly relied on logic in Quant, and I made a very limited use of the whiteboard: I only wrote down conditions, divisions and a couple of linear equations. I think there is no way to be on time by heavily relying on the whiteboard, the only way to have a good pace is to find shortcuts and work by logic and estimate, especially on those questions that would require heavy calculations.

My score was surprisingly consistent with previous tests also in verbal and IR, and my final score was just 10 points below "normal" previous attempts.

My advice is to give a shot at the official practice exams by simulating online testing conditions, and judge how well/bad it works out for you.

I was considering canceling my online exam appointment, but I think I will give it a shot now.
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2020, 19:17
Top Contributor
The first administration of the GMAT Online begins at 8 am EST tomorrow, Monday 4/20/20, approximately 9 hours from now.

I'm looking forward to reading any and all online GMAT debriefs before I take it myself on Wednesday 4/22!
INSEAD School Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2020, 00:44
Hey, I just got the following email from GMAC:

Due to the impact of COVID-19 on test center locations around the world, we are offering a GMAT online alternative exam to test takers. Join us on Friday, April 24 at 1:00pm BST to learn more about the details of the online exam.

This webinar is for candidates who will take the interim Online GMAT to apply to graduate business programs. Topics will include:

• Alternative exam structure and scoring
• Test registration pricing and process
• Computer requirements and test security
• Test preparation recommendations

This is your opportunity to have your questions answered by the makers of the GMAT exam.

Hopefully we can ask questions again and they provide more news.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stanford, Kellogg
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2020, 06:33
Hi.. As the GMAT Online has started from 20th April i.e today, do we have a thread where test takers are sharing their experience and things like how user-friendly did they find online whiteboard and other aspects? Would be great to listen to them.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2020, 07:21
Kritisood wrote:
hi guys, I used the whiteboard yesterday on Manhattanpreps website (they are providing it with their mocks). I was super pissed about the whole whiteboard sham cus honestly, I take A LOT of notes. I even jot down details while reading word problems, POE on verbal, basic math calculations (i know bad, but yeah). Anyway, the whiteboard has a text feature (im attaching the SC here). The fact that you can type on the whiteboard makes the problem 50% better for me. Even tho I will still not risk it - just sharing it for those who need to urgently take the paper.

PS I personally didn't know you could type on the whiteboard with that much ease. I thought it would majorly only have the laptop touchpad usage. Hence sharing :)

Hi! I highly recommend using a hand for POE with each finger representing one option. Let’s say you POE option C - then you bend a middle finger and so on. This trick helped me to switch from noting down the POE process.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2020, 07:26
I just got an Email from Veritas that one of their instructors has taken the online GMAT today, and she's gonna have a webinar tomorrow 8pm ET to share her experience.
"Hailey will provide a recap of the new format, discuss the nuances of the digital whiteboard, take audience questions, and more"
Director
Director
D
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: Terry '22
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2020, 12:25
Guys guys! take it easy don’t migrate to GRE and decrease their Quantitative reasoning percentile (with your strong Quant muscles) they beg :lol:

B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2020, 11:38
Sorry guys, not giving up that easily. GMAC is now responding on Twitter "...we are actively working on a solution, which will take some time to complete... we will share additional information on the whiteboard as soon as it’s available." https://twitter.com/OfficialGMAT/status/1252372979205279751

I already replied asking when updates can be expected, but at least they are working on something.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 02:48
Keyboard tips for the online whiteboard (MAC - not sure about other PCs):

Option+V = √ (Square root)
Option+P = π
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 09:33
Official GMAT's latest Tweet Reply (22nd April) (given in general to all critical tweets reg. online scratch board)
We hear your frustration and want you to know that we are actively working on a solution, which will take some time to complete. Communicating these changes to you is a high priority for us and we will share additional information on the whiteboard as soon as it’s available.

Official GMAT's Tweet Reply on 18th April
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are actively investigating ways to make the GMAT Online test-taking experience even better. Stay tuned for an update.

They RECOGNIZE our FRUSTRATION! (at least as on 22nd April). Since touch screen option is already available, can we imply from the tweet that they will allow stylus or scratch pad in future?? In this regard, are we not better off if we wait till April 28th? (date of their next webinar).
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2020, 09:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  93    Next  [ 1851 posts ] 

GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep