Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools: LBS '23 (A)
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools: LBS '23 (A)
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
obsidianstorm wrote:
If you do not report a score the schools will not receive the online score. So it depends whether you want to mention it or not.

To get some context, was the last GMAT you took an online or test center one?

ShrutiShivnani1 wrote:
ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
Yes apologies! I just added what the “comical and ridiculous” was targeted at but I do see how it might have initially come off and thus set the stage for how the rest of the post was interpreted. I am glad we had this chat lol. Totally understand how we are all a bit on edge!

Posted from my mobile device

All good! Can someone still reply to my question above, though?
Because the Darden application says 'how many times have you taken the GMAT'. So if I don't report my online GMAT score am I supposed to include that in the count here?

Ok gotcha!
So my 1st attempt was in May 2019 which I cancelled - test centre
2nd attempt on 14th March 2020 which I accepted - test centre
Now I still think I have potential to pick up a quick 30 points so am wondering what to do (online / test centre / neither and just supplement good application)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Many people reported being interrupted through a chat by a proctor during mumbling or reading out loud.

ParttimeMBAer856 wrote:
gmat1102 wrote:
If I'm reading out loud will that be a problem?

I read on a previous post that it will probably be an issue if you’re reading like every single word out loud because the proctor might think you’re communicating to someone else on what the problem is. I don’t think talking to yourself is an issue though (I definitely made random comments to myself about a question or dropped a “f—“ when time ran out on the last question and I realized I selected the wrong answer Etc.)

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Yes - I was interrupted through the chat because I was covering my mouth with my hand, just like concentrating and had my hand over my mouth leaning, but wasn’t even speaking or anything.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Hello everyone!
I dont know if someone has the same problem than me.
I havent received yet the gmat online score. I took the gmat test 22 june. Its more than a week
Thank u
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yaliguzman25 wrote:
Hello everyone!
I havent received yet the gmat online score. I took the gmat test 22 june. Its more than a week
Thank u
Hi Yaliguzman25,

Have you contacted Pearson customer support?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey! I took mine exam on 12th June and still no result. So you are not alone ahaha.

Yaliguzman25 wrote:
Hello everyone!
Thank u

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
So I took Gmat Online on the 27th May. Then I received the e-mail that I can register for re-test with whiteboard. I am going to the site and the option for registering does not appear. I have been trying to contact GMAC but they are taking too long to respond.

Anybody has the same problem??
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
My best guess as to what has been happening lately with GMAC and Pearson Vue is that prospective test-takers were upset about the online ("OnVue") whiteboard requirement, so many/most of them were avoiding the online exam. This meant that for those of us who were brave enough to take the early version of GMAT Online without a physical whiteboard, our scores often arrived quickly (mine came in less than 48 hours).

Now that GMAC has finally caved and given in to the public pressure to allow a physical whiteboard, there has surely been a surge of new test-takers, not to mention those of us who are taking advantage of the physical whiteboard retake option. I'm sure that many of us were hoping to receive our scores before the 4th of July holiday, for example, but even though I took my physical whiteboard exam on June 23, and GMAC says "7 business days," it has now been longer than that, yet I still have no score in my mba.com account, no email from GMAC, nothing. Meanwhile, many students are still having test registration problems as well.

Thus, it appears that GMAC and Pearson Vue are currently having trouble keeping up with demand for the physical whiteboard GMAT Online--and that in some cases, you should now expect scores to take longer than the promised "7 business days."

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 03 Jul 2020, 07:29.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 03 Jul 2020, 09:07, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Kudos
ArtemPL wrote:
Hey! I took mine exam on 12th June and still no result. So you are not alone ahaha.

Yaliguzman25 wrote:
Hello everyone!
Thank u

Hello, yesterday i contacted a Person Support and give a Number of requests, they told me that in 3 to 5 days will be result. Perhaps you also can contact them although chat.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
My best guess as to what has been happening lately with GMAC and Pearson Vue is that prospective test-takers were upset about the online ("OnVue") whiteboard requirement, so many/most of them were avoiding the online exam. This meant that for those of us who were brave enough to take the early version of GMAT Online without a physical whiteboard, our scores often arrived quickly (mine came in less than 48 hours).

Now that GMAC has finally caved and given in to the public pressure to allow a physical whiteboard, there has surely been a surge of new test-takers, not to mention those of us who are taking advantage of the physical whiteboard retake option. I'm sure that many of us were hoping to receive our scores before the 4th of July holiday, for example, but even though I took my physical whiteboard exam on June 23, and GMAC says "7 business days," it has now been longer than that, yet I still have no score in my mba.com account, no email from GMAC, nothing. Meanwhile, many students are still having test registration problems as well.

Thus, it appears that GMAC and Pearson Vue are currently having trouble keeping up with demand for the physical whiteboard GMAT Online--and that in some cases, you should now expect scores to take longer than the promised "7 business days."

All these problems could be due to a lot of people registering for online Gmat. If we see everything started after the use of physical whiteboard got approved/introduced.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry about your wait.

I don't know that I would arrive at the same conclusion. It is definitely a possible conclusion but not sure the only one. I am saying this because there always have been situations with people getting their scores immediately (within 2 days) and people getting their scores in 2 weeks. If the test was popular and demand was high then everyone should be experiencing a long wait time. I do not believe everyone is. Which is why I feel this is a case by case basis. I could be wrong though.

mcelroytutoring wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 469
Send PM
Harsh2111s wrote:
While booking test, below regulation appear
Quote:
By accessing this website and ticking this box you signify that you understand, acknowledge and agree that if any third party is: 1) detected as being present in your physical location, whether visible or not; or 2) overheard in any manner, whether physically detected through movement and making of noise or through sounds irrespective of whether they are in your current location or not during your testing session, the test will be terminated and you will not receive any score or in the event you’ve completed the test and received a score your score may be invalidated or revoked.

There is occasional noise from vegetables vendors outside my house.The noise can be heard even if I close all doors and windows.
Will it affect my exam looking at point 2(bold line).
Have anyone experienced such issue ?

I was so wary of this point as my apartment floor has people making noises and insane main road traffic even 11 floors above. For this reason I chose a late evening slot which I wasn't happy about. Im not sure if laptop catches that noise. It may keep you conscious though.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi guys,

I’ve prepared to give the GMAT and wanted to give it at a test centre in Mumbai, but due to COVID all testing is suspended here.

I unfortunately have a very unstable internet connection (If you live in Mumbai with MTNL, you know what im talking about), and the risk to receive my score late (as i have a few tight deadlines as close as 1 week) has made me choose to not take the GMAT Online.

I am willing to travel to other another city in India that is currently open to testing.

I’ve looked at (GATS) Pune and (Pearson) Ahemdabad as the closest to Mumbai for me to get to by car.

Can anyone confirm if these are operational and open for testing?

Many Thanks

Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Today I connected with another student who took their GMAT Online exam on June 23rd and who also still has not received their score.

They sent an email to GMAC, and here is the response they received:

"At GMAC, we place a lot of value on fairness and integrity of test results. Prior to releasing scores, additional quality control steps are sometimes necessary, to ensure the result is accurate and valid. While we strive for 7 business days, although not typical, this additional review can take as long as 20 business days."

"As long as 20 business days"...well then, GMAC should have just told us that in the first place! : |

In other words, be prepared to wait up to a full month for your GMAT online score--even though it can also arrive in as little as 36 hours.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 03 Jul 2020, 19:46.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 05 Jul 2020, 09:34, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Today I connected with another student who took their GMAT Online exam on June 23rd and who also still has not received their score.

"At GMAC, we place a lot of value on fairness and integrity of test results. Prior to releasing scores, additional quality control steps are sometimes necessary, to ensure the result is accurate and valid. While we strive for 7 business days, although not typical, this additional review can take as long as 20 business days."

"As long as 20 business days"...well then, GMAC should have just told us that in the first place! : |

Can you even imagine that???? We? waiting for 20 business days?? or 1 month (counting no business days)???

Omgggg anxiety is gonna kill me
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 346 [0]
Given Kudos: 271
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37 (Online)
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:

Interesting !!!
I also gave my GMAT Online Exam on the 23rd and I am also still awaiting the results.
I seriously hope the delay is just because of them reviewing and nothing else specific to that day in particular. (Fingers crossed)
The anxiety makes you think a bit too much, I guess :dazed :tongue_opt3
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:

At least we won't have to worry much now. Sit back and relax for upto 1 month I guess. :shh: :|
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  90   91   92   93   94  ...  183