Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
I will be sitting for the online GMAT using a desktop PC and I'm wondering whether I will be allowed to use wireless mouse and keyboard for the exam? Also I have external speakers. Not sure if I should disconnect them as it's not really used in the test?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Schools: WBS (A)
Send PM
Does the whiteboard need to be white from both sides ? Or one side can be white or other side can be green or black ?
I am exploring the market and not getting the physical board which is white from both side.
Though GMAT has not specified any thing like this on their website, can it be constrain ?

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
My whiteboard was not white on the both sides. It had like this metallic finish on the other side. My whiteboard was also magnetic. Didn’t seem like that was an issue.
HimanshuRawat651 wrote:
Does the whiteboard need to be white from both sides ? Or one side can be white or other side can be green or black ?
I am exploring the market and not getting the physical board which is white from both side.
Though GMAT has not specified any thing like this on their website, can it be constrain ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
I found that among dry-erase marker types there is a distinction between "ultra fine tip" and "fine tip." I would highly recommend using the former. I ordered these markers from Staples and got next day delivery.

https://www.staples.com/tru-red-pen-dry ... t_24402806

zhanbo wrote:
bb wrote:
zhanbo wrote:
bb wrote:
Ideally you would get a dry erase marker with a fine tip. A fine tip will allow you more efficient use and better writing and less frustration and likely more accuracy. I would spend and extra $1 or 5 to get a fine tip marker.

I have bought quite a few erase markers from Amazon so far. But I do not think their tips are fine enough. Could anyone recommend one or two genuine fine-tip erases?

Thanks!

I just ordered these to test them out: Ultra Fine Tip (I think you actually want better than just Fine tip based on the gradation)
https://amazon.com/1884309-Low-Odor-Mar ... B00I8OBAOU

Upon reading your reply, I almost placed the order right away... but I clicked on "4-count" option box and was told that "You purchased this item on April 8, 2020." Within that package, their tips are not particularly fine, let alone ultra fine.

Please let us know your experience with the 8-count version. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations of fine tips.
Current Student
Send PM
I guess it should be fine as long as the green/black colored chalkboard is not visible or shown to the camera. GMAT instructs not to use chalkboards, so I am not sure if this falls under that category.

To be on the safer side, you can order one which is either white on both sides or white with metal/wooden back.

They need not be white on both the sides. Mine is white on one and wooden back on the other. You can find such things on Amazon. Here's one example - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07LBN ... ETS6&psc=1

souvik101990 wrote:
My whiteboard was not white on the both sides. It had like this metallic finish on the other side. My whiteboard was also magnetic. Didn’t seem like that was an issue.
HimanshuRawat651 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
hi everyone.
I faced the online exam on the 18th of May and I received the score a few days later. Then I sent the report to the schools I wanted to apply to but many days later they still haven't received anything. Do you guys know why of this bad situation? I also tried to contact GMAC but it seems impossible to talk with them.. I'm really disappointed and frustrated because I risk not to be admitted because of them even if they promise to send the reports within 24 hours from the request..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 469
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
HimanshuRawat651 wrote:

Souvik, can both sides of a white board be used to write.

Also are we allowed to keep a bottle of water next to workstation, on desk.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Do we get notified when the GMAT online scores are posted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 469
Send PM
Harsh2111s wrote:
valencia27 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
HimanshuRawat651 wrote:

Souvik, can both sides of a white board be used to write.

Also are we allowed to keep a bottle of water next to workstation, on desk.

Yes you can keep water bottle nearby but it should be transparent. -Guessed so!
You can also use both sides of whiteboard.

Thanks a lot! Helps.
Tutor
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 198
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
GMAT 5: 780 Q51 V48
Send PM
Expert Reply
newdimension wrote:

newdimension Yes, you should get an email when it is posted in your mba.com account. However, someone else on the forum said that he was able to access his score at mba.com within only 2 days, whereas the email notification took 6 days, but I'm not sure how common this is -- I checked often, and it wasn't true for me. bb, have you heard other reports of this happening? I just received my score, 6 days after taking it on June 10th (4 business days).
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72885 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thx. I have seen a number of folks getting email notifications after the score was reportable. However a number of people seem to get their score pretty fast while others take a long time. I don’t know why (though I have theories) but I would suggest to start checking mba.com daily after 2 days.

BB.

GMATCoachBen wrote:
newdimension wrote:

newdimension Yes, you should get an email when it is posted in your mba.com account. However, someone else on the forum said that he was able to access his score at mba.com within only 2 days, whereas the email notification took 6 days, but I'm not sure how common this is -- I checked often, and it wasn't true for me. bb, have you heard other reports of this happening? I just received my score, 6 days after taking it on June 10th (4 business days).

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Does anybody know whether we are able to use the test simulation booklet of MGMAT on the online gmat????
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
patto wrote:
Does anybody know whether we are able to use the test simulation booklet of MGMAT on the online gmat????

No. The rules prohibit it.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 26678.html

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
Schools: LBS '23 (A)
Send PM
Hey does anyone know how to purchase an ESR for the online test?
Current Student
Send PM
AK1307 wrote:

I do not think you can for the Online version.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
No ESR for GMAT Online. It is on mba.com. Sorry.

Bjartskular wrote:
AK1307 wrote:

I do not think you can for the Online version.

Current Student
Send PM
Sorry to hear about your awful experience. I was also thinking about the mobile thing. Do I keep the mobile in view so that I can answer the call if Pearson calls me. Still haven't decided though.
The internet thing happened while I was doing a system check recently. It just stops.

Waiting while not knowing if you can even get up is the worst. Can you tell me what you were scoring in the Prep tests if you don't mind.

rvsyn wrote:
Alright, scores finally showed up after I called them. Here's the debrief of my Online GMAT. Please see the TL;DR version at the bottom. Spoiler: Gonna retake :D

I scheduled my test on May 22nd because that's the only afternoon slot available. So naturally I do the system test one day before and I managed to pass system test. Great! there should be no technical issue at least because I done the system test twice, yeah twice I know I am paranoid like that.

Fast forward to D-Day. I sat at my work station, and 30 minutes before my schedule the begin exam button popped and I begin usual check-in procedure (it is identical with the system test for those who wonder, so please try the system test before you ask myriad of questions in GMATClub), and this was where the nightmare start. The OnVue software kept telling me that I lost internet connection when it was connecting just fine. Note that, when this happen, you can't do anything, the software just freeze as if it was not there. So I restart, redo the whole check-in, and it happen over and over. Finally, when the connection lost prompt showed again, I just connect-and-disconnect my Wi-Fi, this seems to do the trick the OnVue software ran again (duh!).

Okay, check-in done, I'm waiting for the proctor to start the exam (it takes around 15 minutes of waiting), and the exam started. I was running through the instruction section when I thought "Hey, if this is all technical issue that I'm going to face, I'll take it". Well, I might jinx it or the GMAC can read my mind, suddenly the screen goes white with "your file was missing" text or something like that.

I tried to calm myself, clicking the chat button, hoping for the proctor to come to me. 1 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes... 40 minutes nobody came, I grew anxious at this time, lots of thinking goes in my head "what if the proctor calls me, should I check my phone? but what if he/she sees me off the screen and cancel it". After what it felt about 1 hour of waiting, I reached my phone and no one calls me. I got back to my computer. press ctrl+alt+del (you can't do anything at that point, so might as well try), and it did got me out of the testing screen, and the OnVue prompt me to wait for the proctor to restart. Ok, cool, at least I can start the exam. Then the waiting game continues, and after approximately 15 minutes, the proctor decided 'nah, I'll end your exam right away'.

So that's my first try at Online GMAT, didn't even manage to start the exam. I contacted the Pearson GMAT team, they assure that after 3-5 business day I should be able to get refund and retake. I did get refund and was able to reschedule after 4 business day.

So reschedule I did, this time the test going to be June 3rd (my time, not eastern time). Okay, so now I know how to deal with the internet lost prompt, I still prepare a much better wifi (bought a new wifi dongle, do system test TWICE again, passed the system test).

Fast forward, I actually passed the check-in with no issue, and the test started just fine this time. here's my actual comment on the test

Quant
I think quant is harder somehow, I did the overall section 5-10 minutes slower, and I felt that it tooks me 4-5 minutes on some questions. But anyway, I feel confident that at least I can get a Q49.

Verbal
This is where it gets bad. I felt that while it is not that much harder, I got 3 long RC passage for the first 8-10 questions. This takes so much of my time and kind of pressured me to go faster. But this is not what causes so much stress on my Verbal section.
FYI, I positioned my phone so I can see if someone from Pearson calls me (this is the paranoia from my previous try). And you know what, they did call me! in the middle of the exam (I checked the number after the exam for some who wonder). the caller has US country code, and I got stressed and distracted in the middle of the exam. But still I managed to finish.

IR
Nothing special on this one, I think I ace IR.

At this point, I want to mention that no proctor has ever contacted me in both of my Online GMAT session. even during the chaos on the first try.

Finished the test, no issue, and I should get the results in 7 business day or even faster right?

Wrong!

Nothing cames out after 7 business day (they did email me to gives feedback on the Online GMAT). Emailed Pearson (they can't help me), Emailed GMAC (doesn't respond). last night I called the customer center number, and she told me she'll help me with that, but emphasized that the score can be released as long as 20 business days.

This morning the results actually came (without any email from them, it just popped in my mba.com account). and here's the score:

Q49
V34
IR8
Composite 690

That's for my debrief. Gonna retake at test-based because my score because it is lower than my 6 official practice exam score. It is sad because I thought Online GMAT has advantages (sending to unlimited schools, no AWA-I'm bad at AWA, etc) but the experience is just so unpleasant that I don't even want to try again.

TL;DR Version
First try, OnVue software bugged and made me wait for an hour before got canceled, didn't even get to start the actual exam
Second try, exam started just fine, got called in the middle, results cames after 10 business days and lots of email to Pearson and GMAC.

If you guys have any questions, please ask!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  102   103   104   105   106  ...  183