Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Zilus I see 2 options:
1) use the option in your account “send Gmat online score”. It should be available in your account’s main page.
2) go to the page on which you can see your Gmat online score and your name on the left (with your address information and so on) and save this page in pdf format (Print - save as pdf)

I hope my answer will help you

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Send PM
ask1 wrote:
Guys,

Its lockdown here in my city for a few more weeks in a couple of days. So, Im heading out to buy a whiteboard.
Unfortunately, from most shops Ive only been able to hear about either

1. a 2ft * 1.5 ft Whiteboard which is around 24 inches * 18 inches.
2. a 2ft * 1 ft Whiteboard which is around 24 inches * 12 inches. (not commonly available)

GMAC strictly says it should be 20 inches * 12 inches.
Will this become an issue?

Would be grateful for a quick revert on this.

Hey! It is best if you order it online from amazon. Someone posted a link- I think it is this:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07LBN ... UTF8&psc=1
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Did your program specifically ask for a PDF? You can send an official score to the program.... and you can always take a screenshot and send that in.

Zilus wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have some kind of emergency regarding GMAT Online score report. I took the GMAT online on June 2nd, and for some reasons, I must provide my current school with my GMAT score. However, I can't find my official - unofficial score report. I did receive an email from GMAC 5 days after I took the exam saying my official score was available on my MBA account, and it is true, but I can only see my score. Is there anyway for me to get a PDF (or any other format) document that proves my school I truly took the test and got the score I told them.

Hope you understood me, it is quite urgent.

Thank you very much !

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi all! I took the GMAT on June 10 09:45 pm with a digital whiteboard, but I can't schedule a retake for my exam with a physical whiteboard yet.

I'm starting to think that I cant reschedule due to the fact that my exam finished on June 11 1:15 am. However, my proctor explicitly told me that I could not use a physical whiteboard...

Is there anyone who can't schedule his online retake yet as well? Just to check if my problem has anything to do with exam finish time
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Yes. I have bought the one mentioned below and they conform to the size standards. You will get it in 4-5 days based on location. Good luck.

770GMAT wrote:
ask1 wrote:
Guys,

Its lockdown here in my city for a few more weeks in a couple of days. So, Im heading out to buy a whiteboard.

2. a 2ft * 1 ft Whiteboard which is around 24 inches * 12 inches. (not commonly available)

Hey! It is best if you order it online from amazon. Someone posted a link- I think it is this:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
770GMAT wrote:
ask1 wrote:
Guys,

I checked the product.
Im not able to get it delivered in my location despite the city being a Metro City :(

Any other suggestions.
Suspiciously, all Amazon and Flipkart deliveries are off and not happening in my area.!
Current Student
Send PM
Where are you from? You could try some other boards on Amazon. Try searching for "whiteboard 1x1.5". This will list all the boards which are okay for us to use. Then you can select the one which delivers fastest to you.

That's the best option. Last resort would be searching in local stationery shops.

ask1 wrote:
770GMAT wrote:
ask1 wrote:
Guys,

I checked the product.
Im not able to get it delivered in my location despite the city being a Metro City :(

Any other suggestions.
Suspiciously, all Amazon and Flipkart deliveries are off and not happening in my area.!
PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Are we required to show the physical whiteboard to the cam all the time?

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for your debrief! Congrats on your score!
Do you mind also posting your debrief in the Share GMAT Experience as a new topic?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/share-your-g ... erience-8/

rvsyn wrote:
Alright, scores finally showed up after I called them. Here's the debrief of my Online GMAT. Please see the TL;DR version at the bottom. Spoiler: Gonna retake :D

I scheduled my test on May 22nd because that's the only afternoon slot available. So naturally I do the system test one day before and I managed to pass system test. Great! there should be no technical issue at least because I done the system test twice, yeah twice I know I am paranoid like that.

Fast forward to D-Day. I sat at my work station, and 30 minutes before my schedule the begin exam button popped and I begin usual check-in procedure (it is identical with the system test for those who wonder, so please try the system test before you ask myriad of questions in GMATClub), and this was where the nightmare start. The OnVue software kept telling me that I lost internet connection when it was connecting just fine. Note that, when this happen, you can't do anything, the software just freeze as if it was not there. So I restart, redo the whole check-in, and it happen over and over. Finally, when the connection lost prompt showed again, I just connect-and-disconnect my Wi-Fi, this seems to do the trick the OnVue software ran again (duh!).

Okay, check-in done, I'm waiting for the proctor to start the exam (it takes around 15 minutes of waiting), and the exam started. I was running through the instruction section when I thought "Hey, if this is all technical issue that I'm going to face, I'll take it". Well, I might jinx it or the GMAC can read my mind, suddenly the screen goes white with "your file was missing" text or something like that.

I tried to calm myself, clicking the chat button, hoping for the proctor to come to me. 1 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes... 40 minutes nobody came, I grew anxious at this time, lots of thinking goes in my head "what if the proctor calls me, should I check my phone? but what if he/she sees me off the screen and cancel it". After what it felt about 1 hour of waiting, I reached my phone and no one calls me. I got back to my computer. press ctrl+alt+del (you can't do anything at that point, so might as well try), and it did got me out of the testing screen, and the OnVue prompt me to wait for the proctor to restart. Ok, cool, at least I can start the exam. Then the waiting game continues, and after approximately 15 minutes, the proctor decided 'nah, I'll end your exam right away'.

So that's my first try at Online GMAT, didn't even manage to start the exam. I contacted the Pearson GMAT team, they assure that after 3-5 business day I should be able to get refund and retake. I did get refund and was able to reschedule after 4 business day.

So reschedule I did, this time the test going to be June 3rd (my time, not eastern time). Okay, so now I know how to deal with the internet lost prompt, I still prepare a much better wifi (bought a new wifi dongle, do system test TWICE again, passed the system test).

Fast forward, I actually passed the check-in with no issue, and the test started just fine this time. here's my actual comment on the test

Quant
I think quant is harder somehow, I did the overall section 5-10 minutes slower, and I felt that it tooks me 4-5 minutes on some questions. But anyway, I feel confident that at least I can get a Q49.

Verbal
This is where it gets bad. I felt that while it is not that much harder, I got 3 long RC passage for the first 8-10 questions. This takes so much of my time and kind of pressured me to go faster. But this is not what causes so much stress on my Verbal section.
FYI, I positioned my phone so I can see if someone from Pearson calls me (this is the paranoia from my previous try). And you know what, they did call me! in the middle of the exam (I checked the number after the exam for some who wonder). the caller has US country code, and I got stressed and distracted in the middle of the exam. But still I managed to finish.

IR
Nothing special on this one, I think I ace IR.

At this point, I want to mention that no proctor has ever contacted me in both of my Online GMAT session. even during the chaos on the first try.

Finished the test, no issue, and I should get the results in 7 business day or even faster right?

Wrong!

Nothing cames out after 7 business day (they did email me to gives feedback on the Online GMAT). Emailed Pearson (they can't help me), Emailed GMAC (doesn't respond). last night I called the customer center number, and she told me she'll help me with that, but emphasized that the score can be released as long as 20 business days.

This morning the results actually came (without any email from them, it just popped in my mba.com account). and here's the score:

Q49
V34
IR8
Composite 690

That's for my debrief. Gonna retake at test-based because my score because it is lower than my 6 official practice exam score. It is sad because I thought Online GMAT has advantages (sending to unlimited schools, no AWA-I'm bad at AWA, etc) but the experience is just so unpleasant that I don't even want to try again.

TL;DR Version
First try, OnVue software bugged and made me wait for an hour before got canceled, didn't even get to start the actual exam
Second try, exam started just fine, got called in the middle, results cames after 10 business days and lots of email to Pearson and GMAC.

If you guys have any questions, please ask!
Current Student
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Hi guys,

I just received email from Wharton "To accommodate applicants, the Wharton MBA Program will accept at-home GRE and GMAT test scores." This sounds like for applicants in the next 1-2 years, the online gmat test scores may not be accepted...?

What do you guys thinks about the validity of Gmat online test?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
GoodName19 wrote:
Hi guys,

I just received email from Wharton "To accommodate applicants, the Wharton MBA Program will accept at-home GRE and GMAT test scores." This sounds like for applicants in the next 1-2 years, the online gmat test scores may not be accepted...?

Huh. This is interesting.... i’m not sure if that’s a miscommunication or we are inferring too much but it does sound like they may not except it in the future. I agree with your take.... Who is brave enough to call the AdCom? ?

Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
This is the whole message from Wharton's email:

"If you’re considering your MBA and have not yet taken an admissions test, you’re likely wondering if Wharton will accept the new at-home exams.

To accommodate applicants, the Wharton MBA Program will accept at-home GRE and GMAT test scores.

This new format allows you to take exams virtually, while being monitored by a proctor online. The 2020-2021 application will open in July 2020."

I don't know but to me it sounds like they will not accept the new Gmat online tests in the near future.

May I am overthinking this but I surely don't want to spend the time and money to prepare for Gmat online and cannot use it next year for example
Current Student
Send PM
This is a little concerning as i am planning to apply next year because of the current situation.

bb / Souvik Can you please look into this if possible? My decision to take the online version rests on this.

bb wrote:
GoodName19 wrote:
Hi guys,

Huh. This is interesting.... i’m not sure if that’s a miscommunication or we are inferring too much but it does sound like they may not except it in the future. I agree with your take.... Who is brave enough to call the AdCom? ?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
I know that not an appropriate thread to ask this question. but still going ahead with it as I did not find one.

Are test-centers in Mumbai operational and has anyone appeared for or will be appearing for test-center based examination in Mumbai?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Not open yet. Also, no slot open till dec-20. Looking at the situation, online GMAT seems to be the only choice

gmat1102 wrote:
I know that not an appropriate thread to ask this question. but still going ahead with it as I did not find one.

Are test-centers in Mumbai operational and has anyone appeared for or will be appearing for test-center based examination in Mumbai?

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
GMATCoachBen wrote:
sweetlyimproved wrote:
Hi all! I took the GMAT on June 10 09:45 pm with a digital whiteboard, but I can't schedule a retake for my exam with a physical whiteboard yet.

I'm starting to think that I cant reschedule due to the fact that my exam finished on June 11 1:15 am. However, my proctor explicitly told me that I could not use a physical whiteboard...

Is there anyone who can't schedule his online retake yet as well? Just to check if my problem has anything to do with exam finish time

sweetlyimproved I also took mine on June 10th, in the morning, and can't schedule a retake yet. bb, do you know whether others who took it around June 10th have been able to schedule a retake? Do you think we just need to wait a bit longer? Thanks!

Thanks for sharing Ben.

If you go into your mba.com account and click on "Register now or view appointment details" and then on "exam history", does it say June 10 or June 11? Mine says June 11 because I finished the exam on June 11.

In what time zone are you in? And what time did you finished the GMAT? Did the interface on the GMAT app was already adjusted with messages in regards to the physical whiteboard?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Hi Guys

Apologies in advance if this is not the right thread. But searched the forum and could not find a proper thread. If there is a relevant discussion going somewhere on this topic, please direct me.

Query: I am done with my GMAT and trying to find a good consultant to work with. Have figured ReachIVY as one option. Has anyone worked with them in past and give me some feedback as they charge a bomb, its important to only go ahead if they are good. Meanwhile, if others have some positive feedback about Admission Consultants in India or in US, please do share, This is really needed. I have been doing my research for a week now, unable to zero in on anyone. Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  103   104   105   106   107  ...  183