Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.8
WE:Account Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Piyush27 wrote:
Hi All

I am planning to take the Online GMAT. I do not have the hardcopy of my passport with me but I have the scanned copy and I can get the pics of my passport if required. So shall I go ahead and book a date or try to get my hardcopy before booking the date.

Posted from my mobile device

Hello,

Please find below the response from APAC GMAT Customer Service Team. My query was around the usage of ID cards apart from Passport and whether the proctor will be aware of the same.

Thanks,
Attachments

PearsonVUE response (2).PNG
PearsonVUE response (2).PNG [ 42.26 KiB | Viewed 2954 times ]

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi all,

I recently took the GMAT at a test center and accepted my scores.

I want to order an additional score report to send but I dont see any option allowing me to do so on my mba.com account yet.

Does this pop up after sometime? or when you get your official scores? (its been 2 days since my test)

Appreciate any help

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Glad to hear that you’re happy with your score. Your Scores are not yet reportable until your AWA is graded. It may take up to two weeks to get a reportable score though usually it happens faster.

Congrats and good luck

strsf wrote:
Hi all,

I recently took the GMAT at a test center and accepted my scores.

I want to order an additional score report to send but I dont see any option allowing me to do so on my mba.com account yet.

Does this pop up after sometime? or when you get your official scores? (its been 2 days since my test)

Appreciate any help

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Will gmat ever come up with a re-take online gmat policy ?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anushka25 wrote:

Likely, if they extend gnat online past Aug 15.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36 (Online)
Send PM
Anushka25 wrote:

I was about to ask the same question... It would be really helpful to know... and probably more profitable for GMAC
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
if given choice to choose between online exam or test center. for what should i go?

Any insights who have given online exam.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
saby1410 wrote:
if given choice to choose between online exam or test center. for what should i go?

I think the correct answer here is that you should take both!

Although the GMAT Online is risk-free (other than the $200), since the scores exist on a separate portion of your mba.com account, and because b-schools will thus only see the scores you choose to send, there are additional challenges inherent to the online, at-home exam--mostly internet connection issues, proctor delays (in many cases the exam takes up to an hour or more to begin), unexplained reschedules, confusing, contradictory emails from GMAC customer service, the lack of an ESR (Enhanced Score Report) option to review your performance, and misinformed / overly strict exam proctors (my first attempt was cancelled due to my "looking off screen" before the test even began).

If you do choose to take the GMAT Online, then be prepared to wait an hour or more for your proctor to start your exam, and try your best to have a fast, reliable, preferably wired (ethernet) internet connection, as well as a relatively quiet, air-conditioned space where you can take the test with minimal disruption. Purchase a modest-sized whiteboard, dry-erase markers with ultra-fine tips, and a block eraser. Don't over-hydrate, because you have to be on-camera for the entire test, other than the optional 5-minute break between the Verbal and IR section, and you can't leave your seat at all during the (short) break between Quant and Verbal. Don't look off screen, either! Close your eyes if you need to, but whatever you do, don't look off screen; trust me--I learned it the hard way. Unlike the test-center GMAT, on the GMAT Online you can't select your section order, either: you must complete the exam in the fixed order Quant / Verbal / IR (but one benefit is that you get to skip the AWA).

If you live alone in a quiet, air-conditioned house or apartment with reliable electricity and internet, then you should be just fine giving the GMAT Online a try. For example, I live in a single-family home (3 kids, two dogs and my lovely wife), and it can be a challenge to find quiet time, especially with an energetic 2 year-old living in the house, so I had to take the exam late at night and hope for the best. These are the types of challenges that don't arise on the test-center exam, where having a stable, uninterrupted internet connection doesn't matter, the testing centers are usually comfortable and quiet, and your exam will almost always start on time.

Also, be prepared to wait up to 20 business days after the exam for your score to arrive in your mba.com account (in most cases, 2-7 business days), whereas the test-center exam provides you with your "unofficial" total score (Quant/Verbal/Composite) immediately.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 12 Jul 2020, 18:38.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 13 Jul 2020, 07:54, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
Send PM
Hi I have my online GMAT on 16th july and despite having a stablewifi connection im scared what is there is a powercut which is very common in India although we have a backup it myt take 2-10(Max) minutes for the wifi to be up and going
Is there a possibility that the exam will be started from where I left
I have also checked wifi with 2 hotspots but the connection is never stable enough to pass the security tests despite having a 4/5 mbps speed
any last minute advice from the experts
TIA
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Soumyabapat07 wrote:
Hi I have my online GMAT on 16th july and despite having a stablewifi connection im scared what is there is a powercut which is very common in India although we have a backup it myt take 2-10(Max) minutes for the wifi to be up and going
Is there a possibility that the exam will be started from where I left
I have also checked wifi with 2 hotspots but the connection is never stable enough to pass the security tests despite having a 4/5 mbps speed
any last minute advice from the experts
TIA

If there is a drop in your internet, then the exam will be canceled. So better hope for no power cuts. You need to have a constant internet connection.

Give a kudos if this helped.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hello Everyone

I hope everyone is in good health.

I am planning to take online Gmat. I have a medium-sized(4ftby3ftby2ft) marble temple in my room and a walled bookshelf. I am planning to use a huge bedsheet or some cloth to cover them. Will these things be an issue?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
You are allowed to take a bathroom break if you want but you have to ask the proctor and get the ok first. I have seen that most proctors allow but some do not. So it depends on the proctor you get.

Hit kudos if this helped.

mira93 wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
saby1410 wrote:

I think the correct answer here is that you should take both!

Although the GMAT Online is risk-free (other than the $200), since the scores live on a separate portion of your mba.com account, and because b-schools will thus only see the scores you choose to send, there are additional challenges inherent to the online, at-home exam--mostly internet connection issues, proctor delays (in many cases the exam takes up to an hour or more to begin), unexplained reschedules, confusing, contradictory emails from GMAC customer service, the lack of an ESR (Enhanced Score Report) option to review your performance, and misinformed / overly strict exam proctors (my first attempt was cancelled due to my "looking off screen" before the test even began).

If you do choose to take the GMAT Online, then be prepared to wait an hour or more for your proctor to start your exam, and try your best to have a fast, reliable, preferably wired (ethernet) internet connection, as well as a relatively quiet, air-conditioned space where you can take the test with minimal disruption. Purchase a modest-sized whiteboard, dry-erase markers with ultra-fine tips, and a block eraser. Don't over-hydrate, because you have to be on-camera for the entire test, and you can't leave your seat at all during the (short) breaks. Don't look off screen, either! Close your eyes if you need to, but whatever you do, don't look off screen; trust me--I learned it the hard way. Unlike the test-center GMAT, on the GMAT Online you can't select your section order, either: you must complete the exam in the fixed order Quant / Verbal / IR (but one benefit is that you get to skip the AWA).

If you live alone in a quiet, air-conditioned house or apartment with reliable electricity and internet, then you should be just fine giving the GMAT Online a try. For example, I live in a single-family home (3 kids, two dogs and my lovely wife), and it can be a challenge to find quiet time, especially with an energetic 2 year-old living in the house, so I had to take the exam late at night and hope for the best. These are the types of challenges that don't arise on the test-center exam, where having a stable, uninterrupted internet connection doesn't matter, the testing centers are usually comfortable and quiet, and your exam will almost always start on time.

Also, be prepared to wait up to 20 business days after the exam for your score to arrive in your mba.com account (in most cases, 2-7 business days), whereas the test-center exam provides you with your "unofficial" total score (Quant/Verbal/Composite) immediately.

Dear mcelroytutoring,

Did GMAC change its policy? Because I have heard from others' experience that you can leave during 5-min break, if you show the proctor clean whiteboard.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [1]
Send PM