Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Does that mean I should reschedule the exam at center?

Posted from my mobile device

After hearing the reviews of so many people, I have scheduled my exam offline. Don't want to take any risks.
Send PM
ashu2503 wrote:
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Does that mean I should reschedule the exam at the center?

After hearing the reviews of so many people, I have scheduled my exam offline. Don't want to take any risks.

I am rethinking the online-exam as well. but don't want to work on the AWA section now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
ashu2503 wrote:
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Does that mean I should reschedule the exam at the center?

I am rethinking the online-exam as well. but don't want to work on the AWA section now.

Yes it's totally your call. I had a lot of other concerns as well, about technical issues, exam environment etc. plus the reviews of people here really worried me. So just gonna give it the conventional way :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
As a reminder, it is easy to get a high score on AWA :cool: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6 ... 64327.html

And while it takes an extra half an hour, that does not always mean it will wear you out. There is some value in doing it upfront and earning your brain up 😂

Send PM
Quiet a piece of luck I have.
Dates are already filled for December in-person exams. Have to go for the online one.
Can just hope for a humane proctor now. :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Quiet a piece of luck I have.
Dates are already filled for December in-person exams. Have to go for the online one.
Can just hope for a humane proctor now. :cry:

I am going through the same situation :| :| :roll: :please:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
As a reminder, it is easy to get a high score on AWA :cool: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6 ... 64327.html

And while it takes an extra half an hour, that does not always mean it will wear you out. There is some value in doing it upfront and earning your brain up 😂

Hey thanks for the resource! It is indeed helpful.
What order do you suggest for the test day then? Should I start with AWA?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Leadership, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
How long are GMAT online scores generally taking to post for folks nowadays? Official messaging says 7 business days, but my account says it could take up to 20 days if they need to verify something or there is an issue. Took it on Saturday 12/5, got another scheduled 12/23, but would really like results ASAP on the 12/5 test, as it would help me focus toward 12/23...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi - I took the test at a center today and completely bombed it. Significantly lower than my mocks and even lower that my baseline test pre-studying. I have really bad test anxiety, which definitely was a factor. As such I am debating taking it at home 2 days from now. Do I have to wait 16 days in between the test center and online versions? Or can I go ahead and take it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hello. You can go ahead and take your online attempt. There isn't any requirement to wait for 16 days between two modes. Hope you will overcome your anxiety and do well. All the best :)
edagum wrote:
Hi - I took the test at a center today and completely bombed it. Significantly lower than my mocks and even lower that my baseline test pre-studying. I have really bad test anxiety, which definitely was a factor. As such I am debating taking it at home 2 days from now. Do I have to wait 16 days in between the test center and online versions? Or can I go ahead and take it?

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
tydsheets wrote:
Funny that I would write that post. I just got results, but my mba.com account is freezing up and won't display my percentages.

Did you get the score you wanted? Is that the 660 you have on the profile or this is a new one?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey,

does anybody know whether you can truly choose between the regular gmat and the online gmat? My regular GMAT exam at a test center got cancelled for no reason (at least they did not state a specific reason) and there were no test dates available for December so that I had to opt for the GMATonline.

However, I just read on the mba website that in order to be eligible to take the GMATonline, Test Centers MUST be closed, which is not the case in my region. Can anyone confirm that I am eligible to take the GMATonline? All other information published by gmac sounds as if the GMAT online does not depend on test center closures...

Thanks in advance!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
dasailton wrote:
Hey,

does anybody know whether you can truly choose between the regular gmat and the online gmat? My regular GMAT exam at a test center got cancelled for no reason (at least they did not state a specific reason) and there were no test dates available for December so that I had to opt for the GMATonline.

However, I just read on the mba website that in order to be eligible to take the GMATonline, Test Centers MUST be closed, which is not the case in my region. Can anyone confirm that I am eligible to take the GMATonline? All other information published by gmac sounds as if the GMAT online does not depend on test center closures...

Thanks in advance!

Hi. The mba. com has some conflicting information (some of it is not updated timely and some of it is outdated while some pages just seem to disappear at times).
Yes, anyone can schedule a GMAT Online regardless of your test center status in your local area with exception of a few exotic countries.

ALso, you do not have to wait to take the GMAT Online and can take it same day or next day as your test-center based exam, and many people do take these right away back to back, some with success.

Quote from mba.com:
Quote:
The GMAT™ Online exam is available in most locations, with the exception of: Mainland China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Sudan due to regulatory and local data privacy rules.
https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online?nav=header
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi - I had a question regarding the rescheduling of my online exam (4 days left).

Can I reschedule my Online GMAT to Test-Center in Bangalore, India? If yes, so what fee is applicable? Since I see $25 for rescheduling online whereas $150 for rescheduling in-person (less than 14 days left).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thanks for the reply bb

Another question - I have read the Pre-Testday Checklist and found it incredibly helpful. Is there anything to do before the actual testday? I know that I have to run the check on the mba website, but do I also have to download anything or run a check from OnVue Proctoring?

Thanks again for any help! I appreciate it!
Send PM
aporupabose4 wrote:
Hi - I had a question regarding the rescheduling of my online exam (4 days left).

Can I reschedule my Online GMAT to Test-Center in Bangalore, India? If yes, so what fee is applicable? Since I see $25 for rescheduling online whereas $150 for rescheduling in-person (less than 14 days left).

I am not sure that rescheduling will allow you to give the exam at the center when you scheduled an appointment for the online test.
If you want to give an in-person exam you have to cancel your online appointment and schedule for an offline one. (if only you don't want to give the exam both ways)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hey

I have a couple of questions.

If i say take the gmat online and mess it, can i take the offline exam before the 16 day limit.
Is the sequence true even if i take the gmat offline first and mess it.

The 16 day limit only applies between 2 consecutive GMAT Offlines ?
In this 16 day limit one can give multiple onlines ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  155   156   157   158   159  ...  183